Molly on ION tonight (7/24)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: Molly on ION tonight(7/24) Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:31 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Don’t forget to watch Molly’s Bodog fight vs Carina Damm tonight on ION Network…..that’s channel 255 for DirecTV viewers. Oh, and it aires at 11PM EST.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:35 pm

I think Royce Gracie said it best when asked what he thought about this match…..”now that was a fight.” Congrats to both Carina and Molly for an awesome fight. Its fights like this that will continue to push women’s MMA to the forefront.

njk123
    Post subject: Dancing Display QuestionPostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:42 am

I haven’t seen a lot of women’s fights as I’m new to this, but is it “normal” for a fighter to dance around and put on the display that Carina Damm did both towards the end of the fight when she was dancing around Molly and before the results?

It just seemed a bit odd and presumptuous to me, but if it’s normal, I’ll just adjust my own thinking.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:29 am
    Instructor

Crap, I missed it! I’ll have to look for the re-run. 🙁

holddown
    Post subject: it was a freaking brawlPostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:43 am

only way to describe it. stand up almost the whole time. both went all out. slugging the crap out of each other.

they said molly was 148 at the time of the fight. weighed in at 126.

a true war.

local13
    Post subject: Great fight-butPostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:49 am

I agree the Damm-Helsel match was a great one. However, it was more like a men’s match in many respects, as the two combatants stood toe to toe pretty much the whole fight. Both women were said to be purple belts in bjj, so it was disappointing that virtually none of the match was taken to the ground.

One thing that often distinguishes women’s MMA from men’s is that the women concentrate less on striking and more on grappling technique than many of the men, especially the bigger guys who always seem to want to go for the KO. I enjoy watching the grappling techniques and missed seeing that in the Damm-Helsel match. I also think if Molly took the fight to the ground she might have won. However, I disagree with the decision, as I think the fight could have been scored for either one to win. Personally, I would have called it a draw. A great figth–I was just looking for a bit more.

Barry

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:04 pm
    Instructor

I got to watch the rerun tonight and it was a really good fight! It was very close but Molly edged it out, in my opinion….too bad the judge’s didn’t agree. The first round I gave to Damm, the second to Molly by just a hair, and the third to Molly. I understand how the decision could have gone to Damm – but unanimous?! 😕

Rosi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:13 pm
    Pro Fighter

I think it was a split decision. I agree it was very close and could easily have gone either way.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:25 am

Should be available here…

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:48 am

Great fight. Mainly a kickboxing match. Punches were about even with each getting caught good once, Helsel better in the clinch and with lowkicks. Damm throws nice looking kicks but she doesn’t have her hips follow through so they are superficial. I would have given it to Helsel on damage and aggression.

njk123 wrote:
    I haven’t seen a lot of women’s fights as I’m new to this, but is it “normal” for a fighter to dance around and put on the display that Carina Damm did both towards the end of the fight when she was dancing around Molly and before the results?

It just seemed a bit odd and presumptuous to me, but if it’s normal, I’ll just adjust my own thinking.
    Not normal but her standup style is dance/kickboxing capoeira. Plus it can influence judges to act like you won when it’s razor close.

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:06 am
    Pro Fighter

I thought it was a draw.

1st round Carina
    2nd Draw- Molly had it, but the spin back fist made it a draw
    3rd Molly.

Great fight molly. Good luck with Tama. I’ll be there watching- I live in vancouver.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:35 am

well here is the deal—————-

molly put up a great fight————
    molly had great combinations————
    ..molly had strong kicks….

but sorry molly….carina stole the show….
    ..carina created distance and you gave it to her…
    ..carina has weak leg kicks….but they found you…

…not to be mean molly…..
    …i have all 3 rounds to carina….with her soft kicks—
    …when you hit her hard in the face/you should hv took her down
    ….but carina shook it off…and again you gv her too much distance
    …molly you can fight…but your coaches hv to gv you killer instinct
    …if…..only if…you dont hv it….but molly you are improving….
    …carina…just looked in tune/ and her capeoira routine at the
    end…was fantastic….
    she even did capeoira footwork while fighting…
    …capeoira is a martial art…and the dance is cool//
    ..also its similiar to all that muay thai stuff you see
    before they fight..and after they fight///
    ..MOLLY GOOD LUCK…on your next fight..like your combos////

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:44 am

think any fight that close is a perfect case for a draw…shouldn’t effect either fighters record…and the draw indicates how close it was with that opponent.
    flashy moves are cool for showtime afterwards but should count for zero in the scoring unless it’s an effective shot.

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:26 pm
    Pro Fighter

Interesting feedback guys/gals. Thanks for your support. It really was a close fight. I should have altered my gameplan later in the fight, but you know hindsight is 20/20. Definitely should have taken it to the ground more. Seems I didn’t get any credit for the knockdown when i kicked her in the first. IMO, it should have scored the same as her takedown in the first. Sucks she got so much credit for all the flash, and not much power really on any of it, including the spinning backfist. She was tough though, I have to admit. The thing that gets me is that I was clearly the aggressor almost the whole fight, and that didn’t seem to get any scoring either.

Oh well, live and learn. Just keep pushing forward i guess. I am excited to fight Tama Chan! Should be an interesting one… Will see ya there Liz!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?