Moms can grapple too!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

flyguy
    Post subject: Moms can grapple too!PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:55 am

I just thought this podium shot from ther NAGA Chicago grappling tournament was kinda neat for the seond placed fighter

Did anybody go to that NAGA event. theys eem to be expanding steadily across the East, south and midwest now.
    Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

WarriorHeartGrrl
    Post subject: Moms can grapple too!PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:35 pm

That was really sweet. I’m a grappling mom myself, so it makes me feel good to see there’s others out there. Sometimes it’s hard to tell people you grapple when your a mother. Some people assume it makes you a violent person.
    Also, I compete in NAGA events, and I think they’re great….

Jennifer Howe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:01 pm
    Pro Fighter

Theres more of us then you know. The looks you get are even worse when your a mom that competes in MMA. Try going to parent teacher conference with a hugh black eye. Thank god I have good children.

WarriorHeartGrrl
    Post subject: Moms can grapple too!PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:09 pm

Oh, I know how it goes. Many a time have I gone in to pick up the kids from daycare with fresh bruises on my arms and legs, and yes, sporting a black eye once too ( accident in a take down drill lol) It’s always a fun time trying to convince people you’re not being abused *chuckles*

rebekah
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:22 am

I’m a grappling mom too!!! My son has grown up in martial arts. I used to bring him in his car seat and when he turned four he started training and now he is getting ready for his black belt test in two weeks!!! He also grapples and after his test will be focusing on progressing in that.

I’ve had my share of bruises but luckily never a black eye!

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:56 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

….the 2nd place lady…..has some big legs…….but since she is 2nd…she might not have speed/or great balance….i assume…

WarriorHeartGrrl
    Post subject: Mams can grapple too!PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:02 pm

What’s wrong with big legs? I happen to have thick legs for my size, and they don’t hinder my speed or bablance at all. Actually, their strength is a huge ASSET to my grappling game. And you know what, seh had to be beat all of those other women to get second place, so her legs must do just fine…..

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:49 pm

…actually…women…with big legs……looks more combat ready….that whole center gravity thing……but then there are skinny minnies….like erica montoya……that can snake out a win……after all 2nd place aint bad…….its the fact she competed…..and did well……

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:24 pm

haha…nice retreat scarce 🙂

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:33 am

…hey knockout….you have to be professional…in this field…..

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:20 pm
    Pro Fighter

How often do you guys train?
    I’m usually pretty conflicted about how much I train, especially during school. Personally, I have a hard time finding balance.

WarriorHeartGrrl
    Post subject: Moms can grapple too!PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:34 pm

Finding balance is difficult. I’m a single mom, who’s in college, and it’s hard for me to find the time for training and not feel guilty about it.

The key is to realize that everyone needs some personal time, to do the things you love and keep you happy. Especially when you have kids, it’s good to have a private outlet, especially fighting, as it’s a good release for any pent up agression. I really think it’s made me a better mother.

So, unfortunatly, no one can tell you how to acheeve a happy medium. That’s something that you have to find for yourself. For instance, maybe find a gym that has late hours where you could train when the kids are in bed? That way you could have someone come over for a few hours of stress free baby-sitting, while not missing any time with the kids. I also try to do most of my school work while ther in bed too.

Just do whatever works for you, but don’t be afraid to take some time for yourself.

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:22 am

HAHAHA…at least I am not the only mama running around with bruises and blackeyes. I am not a grappler, but we do it a bit in Shao lin Kempo. I spar with all men…since I am the only woman, just makes women easier to beat. hehe

Anyone else been out with the kids and have someone just walk up to you with this “oh..you poor thing” look and say that there are place to help you? One lady ..god bless her well intentioned heart….thought I was a battered wife since I was sporting a black eye and some really nasty bruises on my arms from blocking and my shins were a bit banged up as well ( ya know bone on bone bites the big one) I admit, I did look a bit worse for wear. She was trying to tell me I was in denial and I didnt have to hide it, just go to a shelter and have him arrested. I had to pull out my membership card and even then I dont think she fully beleived me. I had to laugh about it. I was also given the pity look in Victoria’s Secrets….you know ..the sales ladies in there are always prissy…well, this saleslady thought the same. I just said…well..you should see what he looks like….much much worse..and went on to purchase my pretty lil things with a smile. The look on her face was classic…would have loved to have had a picture of it.

Moms have to fight….we can beat our kids..so we take out on the mat..hehehe. ( oh come on..you all know your kids make you wanna scream sometimes…. 😆

VooDooQueen…mom of 3 well..4 if you count the husband

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?