Mouth Piece

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

TheMissingLink
    Post subject: Mouth Piece PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:07 am

I was wondering what kind of mouthpice everyone uses. I’m considering getting a custom one made, but can’t decide if it’s worth the money. The main reason I’m considering a custom mouthpiece is the fact that it would stay in place better making it easier to breath. Opinions?

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:37 am
    Instructor

I use a Shock Doctor single – the mid range priced one. It seems to work just fine and I have no trouble breathing around it. Though if I could afford it I would probably get a custom one.

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:41 am
    Pro Fighter

I agree with rikki, the shockdoctors are pretty good.They also come in different ranges, single, double, with fittied gel. Custom ones can get pretty expensive and can be a bit larger than usuall. They are of course safer- and probebly worth the investment.I would eventually like to get one. Ive used my shockdoctor for years, they are easy to clean too.

tinaXXX
    Post subject: CustomPostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:08 am

My regular dentist charged me only $50 for a custom sports mouthguard. Call your dentist.

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:30 am
    Pro Fighter

Definitely call around to the dentists in your area. My dentists charged $25 for the first mouthpiece, then $10 for any additional, he was really into sports. Personally I think it’s worth it because they do fit better and it is easier to talk and breath. The dentist even gave me the mold of my teeth when I moved so I can get more cheap ones made! I think the mold is what makes it most expensive, so be sure to keep yours for future use.

TheMissingLink
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:30 am

Thanks for the info. girls. I’m actually using a Shock Doctor Gel Max right now myself. Some of the guys I spar with really like the WIPPS Brainpad mouthpiece. Have any of you used one of those?

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:53 am
    Instructor

I bought a Brain Pad Lo Pro and tried to use it but it didn’t fit right. The arch was too wide and it didn’t fit correctly around my teeth, even after boiling it! My husband uses a WIPPS though and he’s never complained.

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:03 pm
    Pro Fighter

I use a brainpad now. I used to HATE the double mouthguards, but after a teammate convinced me to try it, I’ll never go back. Locking that bottom jaw in place, you’ll be surprised how much bigger of a hit you can take. Takes some getting used to, but like I said, I will never go back. I love my brainpad! 😀 They make female ones that are smaller versions of the lo pro too so that might fit better for some.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:55 pm
    Instructor

Quote:
    They make female ones that are smaller versions of the lo pro too so that might fit better for some.

That is the model that I tried.

TheMissingLink
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:08 am

warrior14 wrote:
    I use a brainpad now. I used to HATE the double mouthguards, but after a teammate convinced me to try it, I’ll never go back. Locking that bottom jaw in place, you’ll be surprised how much bigger of a hit you can take. Takes some getting used to, but like I said, I will never go back. I love my brainpad! 😀 They make female ones that are smaller versions of the lo pro too so that might fit better for some.

Warrior –

What model Brainpad do you use?

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:28 pm
    Pro Fighter

http://www.fightergirls.com

There’s the exact link where I ordered mine. Like I said, takes some getting used to. I drooled alot the first few times I put it in, but that goes away. The other thing is, my jaw got tired from biting down too hard I think. I would wear it, then after my rounds I would realize my jaw was tired. Probably a combination of biting down too hard and not being used to having something that bulky in my mouth.

Rikky, did you try cutting and shaving the ends of it off to see if it made it more comfortable?

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:15 pm
    Instructor

Quote:
    Rikky, did you try cutting and shaving the ends of it off to see if it made it more comfortable?

I did. You should have seen the mess I had after I was done with the mouthpiece massacre! Maybe it would work for someone else but it sure didn’t for me! I also have a TMJ problem so I have to be picky about my mouthpiece any way.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?