Mrs. Toughill and husband on documentary

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

adriennaaj
    Post subject: Mrs. Toughill and husband on documentary Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:36 pm
    Pro Fighter

MSNBC MMA Documentary Starts Airing January 9th
    MSNBC TAKES A BEHIND THE SCENES LOOK AT THE WORLD OF MIXED MARTIAL ARTS IN “WARRIOR NATION,” SERIES BEGINNING JANUARY 9
    Published: December 20, 2006
    preview / download

First of Two Documentary Series Produced By 29 Stories LLC for MSNBC

SECAUCUS, N.J. – December 20, 2006 – MSNBC’s “Warrior Nation,” takes viewers inside the world of MMA, mixed martial arts, beginning January 9th at 10 p.m. ET. MMA, one of the fastest-growing sports in the nation, combines various fighting styles including wrestling, boxing, Tai Kwon Do, Karate and submission grappling. It’s a “no-holds-barred” combat sport that has become a successful enterprise throughout the world and has been called “the next NASCAR.” Each episode opens the door to the lives of fighters and the struggles that they endure in this popular sport. Veteran fighters, such as Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz, fans favorites, including Urijah Faber, as well as up-and-coming fighters, are portrayed. The four-part series airs each week on consecutive Tuesdays, beginning January 9th at 10 p.m. ET. “Warrior Nation” is the first of two documentary series produced by 29 Stories LLC for MSNBC.

“‘Warrior Nation’ is not just about fighting,” says Long-Form Programming Vice President Michael Rubin, “it’s about a quickly growing American phenomenon; the millions of fans and tens of thousands of young athletes who gravitate to this new sport, hoping to springboard from obscurity to celebrity, using the most basic of tools–their bodies and fists.”

The Following Tuesday evening, January 16th, in episode two we meet Erin Toughill. At 29-years-old, she is one of the top women fighters in the world. Toughill’s husband, Clark Bevans, a 32-year-old gym owner, also participates in MMA fighting. Together, they hope to become the first couple in the world to fight on the same night – and win.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:13 pm

let’s hope this is more factual and objective than was 60 Minutes. It already sounds like a puff piece.

StylistAjax
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:26 pm

I dissagree, it sounds very informative.

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:25 pm
    Pro Fighter

You know, It was my school that was on 60 min. (team militech) When they were visiting to film the piece, they made it perfectly clear that they were wanting to do the report at a view piont of how pat and renzo wanted it. Not how they wanted it- they said it was because they knew nothing about mma- and wanted to do the piece being informative to those that were also in thier position. I havnt seen the piece with erin, but i am sure it is great. If you disagree, dont wacth it.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:56 pm

thanks for proving my point that the 60 minutes piece was an advocacy position and not objective journalism – a free infomercial. Fine for Spike TV, pretty pathetic for CBS News. Oh wait, maybe not, since they run with forged documents as the crux of some news pieces,

Ashly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:12 pm

This isn’t a forum about discussing the quality of news shows, it’s an MMA promotional forum. If you have a problem with something promoting MMA, what are you doing on this site? No one who actually utilizes the purpose of this site (the promotion of women’s MMA) cares to hear your nonsense. Go whine about 60 minutes on some journalism discussion group.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:47 pm

go yank your b/fs chain. i don’t wear one

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:10 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

this website
    is structured to support
    female mma
    if you do not want to support
    female mma/

there is no reason for you to be here/

i support female mma
    i support erin toughill
    i support dana white
    i support frank shamrock
    i support ifl/pride/ufc/hook n shoot/
    —–if you dislike mma—take a hike/.you sarcastic imp///

meltdawn
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:51 am

the show was last night, and i loved it, just because i love watching people do their thing, and it was promoted with a positive spin from very well-spoken athletes, including Debi!!!

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:05 pm

so scarce is a female fight groupie, big news. my point stands

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:51 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

I watched the first part and thought it was awesome!!! I did see Erin and her Husbands preview and can’t wait to see Erin in action…. This is great for all women wanting to break into or get recognition for being a female fighter…
    Chad

foxylicious
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:55 pm

Yes it was very cool, did everyone see the beginning with not only Debi but also the Fightergirls website??? Very exciting!!!!!! Kudos for us!!!!

And…Sally Krumdiack was sporting her Hawaiian print Alphafemale shorts….even better!!!!

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:30 am

fight4you wrote:
    so scarce is a female fight groupie, big news. my point stands
    Your point means absolutely nothing, so stop wasting your time on making stupid and pointless criticism, and keep on smiling bro 8)

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:40 pm
    Pro Fighter

Yeah, I mean, it’s such a sin to be a female fight groupie on a FEMALE FIGHTING WEBSITE……..duh.

That said, I also enjoyed watching this and am looking forward to the next one.

abuckner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:50 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’m sure some of you will jump on me for this one but I thought that by choosing to profile the two women in that Hawaii event, they did a huge disservice to how far womens fighting has come. This has absolutely nothing to do with those two girls personally. They fought hard and did a great job. But they showed the skill level of exactly what they are, two women that are just starting out in the sport. There was a huge difference in the level of skill and experience of the men they showed compared with the women. When it comes to womens fighting I do not believe that all publicity is good publicity. I thought the rest of the show was great. The clips of Debi’s fights were great. I’m sure the stuff they show of Erin’s will be great (though I do wish they’d stop talking about the whole first husband/wife thing since Jay and I have been doing this for years and there were others before us). Both Debi and Erin are skilled and are a great chance for people to see where womens fighting is at. There are also at least 10 or so women that I can think of right off the top of my head that they could have showed that would have done great things for peoples perception of women in the sport. Other than this one aspect I really enjoyed the show.

spidermenda
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:13 am

so when is this documentry coming on? I am confused…. I want to see it

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:49 am
    Pro Fighter

Ok, first, I agree with showing the two girls from Hawaii….women are under the microscope 10x more than men and the fact of the matter is: THAT’S HOW IT IS. Women who are profiled should be capable of looking like they at least know how to throw a punch. The other thing is that people wanna see women that look like women fighting…hence, the cute blonde girl. People don’t wanna see women that look like men. he fact of the matter is THAT’s JUST HOW IT IS

Amanda, if you or anyone has seen the whole piece, you can tell that episode is based on our lives and the story of our lives. This was conveyed to us clearly that this was MSNBC’s intention; that we are a “normal” husband and wife, but we have this “extrodinary” job and it also highlights struggles we have had through our lives and what we had to overcome to still prevail in life and in work. This story is not a selfish piece that just highlights US or just MMA fighting. What people need to understand is what we are doing can influence and help other ppl that are not even IN the MMA community to see that “If they can do it – so can I” Does that make sense?

Remember, MMA IS the fastest growing sport in the nation for men ages 18-34, but what about all the other people that don’t fit in that demograpic? MMA and this piece is not just about what “Erin and Clark or Debi or Amanda and Jack” is doing for the sport, it’s about how lives parallel any other persons lives when it comes to hardships and struggles.

Maybe people should stop being so selfish about who is “profiled” and who was not and what the “story is like” and “what it’s not”. They did a GREAT job and they conveyed it in a very positive light. Each episode focused on different aspects. It’s on Jan 16th @ 7 pm. If you can see “the focus” in a different light – that is what it is about.

Also, Clark and I are the ONLY husband and wife in American History (I dunno about anywhere else in the world) to not only fight on the same card on the same night – BUT WIN. THAT is not some average thing in our sport either.

Erin Toughill

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:27 am
    Pro Fighter

I agree with Amanda on the fact that they could have shown females that maybe had a little more experience. The one part of the show that sucked was when they show the stat that “….women get paid 70% less than the men” and then they show those 2 fighting and it’s like, someone will watch that and go, “well, i wonder why……” For those of us that work so hard at trying to be accepted as equal fighters, that kind of stuff is frustrating. And, as Amanda already stated, nothing against those girls and I hope they keep training and fighting, but there are alot better options out there, especially since they obviously knew of this website to get into contact with handfuls of female fighters.

But I see Erin’s point that the media WANTS to show girls that look girly, even if they look girly in their fighting. But I think it will be better when they show Erin, maybe some more of Debi.

As for MMA as a whole, they did portray it in a positive light and that I appreciate, the press has even come leaps and bounds in that area.

abuckner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:44 pm
    Pro Fighter

Erin – You and Clark are not the only husband/wife team to have fought and WON on the same night. Jay and I did that in Feb 2005 in the Ring of Fire. Obviously this is insignificant in the scheme of life so who cares but I guess we’ll have to share that title of an American couple having done this. I know some of your post was directed at me but I’m not sure if all of it was so I’ll just respond. The only episode I was talking about in my post is the one I mentioned, the one about Faber. This is the only one I’ve seen so far. The entire point of my post was about the skill level of the women they showed and nothing else. I thought the show was great as I do about most things having anything to do with mma. I love watching stuff like that, lifestyle type of pieces. But that does not change the fact that those two girls did not show a high skill level. I am not oblivious to the fact that the small fraction of people who do want to see women fight want to see “pretty” women fight. Do I give a shit that I don’t fall into this category? Nope. I am well aware that if I made the decision to grow my hair out and wear tighter more revealing clothing that my reception in this sport would be much different. I’m fine with my decision not to do this and accept the downfalls (as far as mma) of that decision. But my point was that I can think of a bunch of other girls that are skilled that do fit into that category. That was really my only point, that I wished they had decided to use a couple of women who not only had an interesting story but had developed a solid skill level. I’m not sure if having this opinion puts me in the group of “people being so selfish about who is profiled and who was not”. That, to me, would be a pretty harsh thing to say about someone and since the comments I made included nothing that could be construed as selfish I’m assuming that part wasn’t directed at me. Since I’ve cleared up what I was actually saying I can’t imagine you disagree with me on this point.

amanda

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:58 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Amanda Please do not grow out your hair or start wearing tighter cloths.

I completely agree with you 100%. Is it this frustration, which caused me to press forward on this womens league? Hollywood is very interested in women’s MMA right now and I am going to do anything within my power (which is not much) to make sure when it does come out to the public it is done so as sport and that the best women get show cased.

If you think the MSNBC thing was bad. You should call me sometime SOON and I will clue you in about other promotions trying to subjugate us the same way. There are a few coming out and their plans are a lot worse and they have NO idea what women’s MMA is and are trying to make a buck. Their number one questions are DOES she look good.

As far as MSNBC I believe they are interested in helping women’s MMA.

I only Watched part of the show last night, and have not seen the whole thing yet. But having worked with the MSNBC people, they do want to tell the truth of our sport, and the sad truth is Women of that skill level ARE fighting on these cards and being show cased. So if anyone is to blame it’s the promoters using the women who are at amateur level… fighting on professional venues…

msnbc were following women around and that is what was there at the time. I did talk to them extensively though about how there is more skilled women out there and your name came up multiple times. Along with Roxanne, Howe, D-Augustine. Ect/ .\\

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:01 pm

Steve and Christine Van Fleet both won on the same card in 2002 at the Medford Armory in OR.

Dirty Bob Schreiber and Irma Verhoef are supposedly married and both won at M-1 in St. Petersburg, Russia in 1997.

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:27 pm
    Pro Fighter

Amanda – totally agreed.

All in all though I thought the show was good for the sport in general and at least they gave some attantion to the females, though it could have been focused a little better. I thought Debi represented very well, and Sally. I am looking forward to seeing more episodes of the show.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:42 pm
    Pro Fighter

First and foremost, Amanda thank you for enlightening me on the fact you and your husband both fought and won on the same show. I was not aware of that – so thanks for the information. I know of other couples that were in “this” as well…just did not know their stats, so thanks again.

Second, this is exactly why I don’t read sites anymore, let alone respond to them.

“Obviously this is insignificant in the scheme of life so who cares but I guess we’ll have to share that title of an American couple having done this”.

GREAT. Now we know and you can share the “credit” as well.

“I know some of your post was directed at me but I’m not sure if all of it was so I’ll just respond”.

Really, Amanda? And you know this because…? I think you are well aware of exactly how I write and respond to people and I pull ZERO punches. You read what you read and the rest of it is what is called a “story”. You THINK I was talking to you when in fact, I was not. I was making a blanket statement and what YOU decided to make up out of that statement…well, that is your perogative.

“Do I give a shit that I don’t fall into this category? Nope. I am well aware that if I made the decision to grow my hair out and wear tighter more revealing clothing that my reception in this sport would be much different”.

Well you know what? I think you do “give a shit”. I think you care quite a bit otherwise you would not go out of your way on that post to make this point that YOU “don’t give a shit” about the fact of how you look and the way you wear your “hair”. Do I give a shit what you choose to look like? Hardly. I was simply stating a fact that mainstream fans (no matter what sport) like to see women that look like women. Hence, Anna Kournikova amoung others. Be secure with your choices – don’t feel like you need to justify the way you look.

“But my point was that I can think of a bunch of other girls that are skilled that do fit into that category. That was really my only point, that I wished they had decided to use a couple of women who not only had an interesting story but had developed a solid skill level”.

I agree and said I agreed with that in the beginning

“I’m not sure if having this opinion puts me in the group of “people being so selfish about who is profiled and who was not”. That, to me, would be a pretty harsh thing to say about someone and since the comments I made included nothing that could be construed as selfish I’m assuming that part wasn’t directed at me”.

One again, you have decided to interpret the statement how YOU wanted to interpret it. Is it “harsh”? Even IF it was directed to you? It is a statement YOU haven chosen to pick apart and read things that are not there. It was directed at anyone including myself. It was not meant to be negative. So I am sorry you took it that way.

Amanda, U are a tough fighter and I respect you as that. I don’t know you personally, but even so, i think you are a nice woman. I have done the same thing: getting upset about reading something that was not even there. Try not to get so riled up – I am on your side, OK? We can agree to disagree but we DO agree that we want female MMA to flourish. But eh media is ALWAYS bigger than the stars in it. We do not have control, unfortunately. Just go w/ the flow and if there are things YOU can do to make it flourish, I encourage you to do so!!!

Erin Toughill

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:22 pm

anger management therapy would be good here. and i thought M.A. was supposed to make one calmer and more spiritual – NOT

Eriu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:46 pm

As a chick who is into MMA (as a fan, not a fighter, I’m much too wussy, ha), I understand the media’s desire to have “Hot Fighter Chicks” to increase the smile appeal.

However, that’s what the ring girls are there for. It’s their job to be hot and it’s the fighter’s job to kick some ass. If you can do both, that’s awesome, but it’s kinda disapointing to realize that looks can be that big of a factor.

Disapointing, but not unexpected, I should say.

abuckner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:00 pm
    Pro Fighter

Erin, Sorry if there was some sort of miscommunication between us but I responded to everything in your post not because I read into things but because you directed part of it to me and I was unsure if the rest was a blanket statement or addressing me. I know you call your writing/responding style “pulling zero punches” which is true and holds a certain appeal as far as honesty goes but it could also be called abrasive, condescending, and alienating. It seems like you could say the same exact thing but attempt to say it in the way you would if you actually cared about the person you were talking to and the discussion would seem much more friendly. I’m not sure if you care how the conversation is perceived or not but like you said, you and I are on the same side so it would be nice if the way we conversed showed this. If you ,by some chance, felt anything that I posted was done so with anger or sarcasm or any other negative emotion than I apologize because that was not the case and was just another example of the downfall of the internet which is that we can’t hear the tone in which something is said. I have the same respect for you as a fighter and hope that between all of us we can keep women in this sport going in the right direction. If you ever want to have any discussions about women in the sport and don’t want to do it on a public forum please feel free to write any time at amanda.buckner@gmail.com

amanda

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:04 pm
    Pro Fighter

LOL- this is awesome. I’m sure as the sport grows more women will get show cased, and as it was with the men- the skill level of the women will continually evolve and grow. Just watch the first dozen UFC’s or so and compare them to the last dozen- apples and oranges, baby.

Amanda you do have a point- right now the media wants to see pretty, skanky, skinny girls, not even women, beating each other up. It sucks. It interferes with match making and does give the general public the opinion that women dont have any strength or talent, but what do you expect so early on? Not that it’s excusable…..someday though. This Showtime card with Gina Carano will hopefully help reach A LOT of people.

P.S. Amanda, I didnt think anything in your posts was an attack on anyone in particular at all. You sounded smart and respectful. Some people in this sport ARE pretty abrasive and just cant seem to play well with others. You look fabulous just the way you are.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:17 pm
    Pro Fighter

Amanda,

I am sorry about the miscommunication. Stuff REALLY does get lost in translation. You are awesome and I look forward to see you fighting.

Erin

spidermenda
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:44 pm

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😆

foxylicious
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:20 am

fight4you wrote:
    anger management therapy would be good here. and i thought M.A. was supposed to make one calmer and more spiritual – NOT

Why do you always respond so negatively? There is good, positive and intelligent conversation going on here…just stop with your crap.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:41 am

i don’t think the posturing trash-talk that was going on a little while back was all that positive and I commented on it.

Re: the tv show and the claim of being the first husband/wife fighting team to fight and win on the same night…if this was an objective piece of journalism rather than yet ANOTHER infomercial disguised as journalism (as was the 60 minutes story), the producers would have checked out and validated the claim rather than just accepting it. This thread alone posted several challenges to the claim. That show was another puff-piece. I don’t trust TV news for crap.

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:31 am
    Pro Fighter

Nobody is denying that each of those peices may have been flawed in someway or another- I think the general consensus is “Yea! Our audiences are expanding, and they are showing the women too!!!!” I think this topic has been way over thought. Lets not get the cart before the horse- reel in the audiences with these “infomercials” (as you called them) then we can hit em with more of the good stuff. Any way you look at it these peices are good for both the men and the women’s side of the sport. It’s publicity with a positive spin, and it’s a long time overdue.

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:16 pm
    Pro Fighter

MNkkgMMA wrote:
    Nobody is denying that each of those peices may have been flawed in someway or another- I think the general consensus is “Yea! Our audiences are expanding, and they are showing the women too!!!!” I think this topic has been way over thought. Lets not get the cart before the horse- reel in the audiences with these “infomercials” (as you called them) then we can hit em with more of the good stuff. Any way you look at it these peices are good for both the men and the women’s side of the sport. It’s publicity with a positive spin, and it’s a long time overdue.

EXACTLY. That’s what I was saying about the 60min. thing. If you don’t like how a news story is presenting MMA in a POSITIVE way for once, an MMA FANS/FIGHTERS FORUM is probably not the place to complain about it (or make fun of people being MMA fans for that matter). Like someone else already said, go whine about it in a news forum if it bothers you that bad.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:50 pm

sorry that u only like to read opinions that mirror yours. i like a more expansive mind than that. and on the previous post, i think truth is always better than PR – be it positive PR or negative. MSNBC was trying to find an audience so they decided to go to bloodsport to find one and 60 minutes was just shilling for a sister network. Neither showed quality journalism.
    Last edited by fight4you on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:54 pm

fight4you did you notice Erin’s husband Clark mentioned you on the show? He talked about the creeps that email female fighters all the time for grappling sessions.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:58 pm

Nice comedy writing skills with little concern for facts – maybe u can shill for the UFC. Not into the female fight fetish thing, though you can pursue it, if you like/ On another note, her husband’s ears made me hurt.

foxylicious
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:03 pm

I am both a fan and someone who trains, I have followed this sport 14 years. It has been and still is a big part of my life. Nothing makes me happier than seeing the general public educated, whether it be a “puff piece” as you call it or a well done documentary, most people do not understand our sport and often confuse it with WWE or other crap. I was so proud to forward both the 60 min and the Msnbc links to family and friends who for many years have tried to understand what I do and what it means. It takes a special person with a lot of dedication and discipline to train and fight, and especially to do so well it becomes their career and they are able to make their living doing what they love. I agree with all points made here (except of course fight4you, I just don’t get your rants)and I think that the MMA community as a whole appreciates the good publicity. 😀

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:50 pm

well it is better than having to explain why it was illegal in so many states for so long. i guess.

u still have to explain pto eople why hitting someone when they are down is admirable sportsmanship. that odd aspect of mma kind of flies in the face of most civilized behavior expectations, don’t u know?
    Last edited by fight4you on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eriu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:39 pm

Quote:
    u still have to explain people why hitting someone when they are down is admirable sportsmanship. that odd aspect of mma kind of flies in the face of most civilized behavior expectations, don’t u know?
    Why is hitting someone on the ground less civilized than hitting them when standing? You are still hitting them. It doesn’t seem like it would be doing significantly more damage either way.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:47 pm
    Instructor

fight4you wrote:
    well it is better than having to explain why it was illegal in so many states for so long. i guess.

u still have to explain people why hitting someone when they are down is admirable sportsmanship. that odd aspect of mma kind of flies in the face of most civilized behavior expectations, don’t u know?
    Can’t someone just ban this person?
    I mean, really, what are you doing on this board anyway? You obviously are not a fan of MMA. I typically just ignore your posts but you have been fouling up the board more than normal lately. Why don’t you do us all a favor and find a forum that you actually have an interest in?

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:55 pm
    Pro Fighter

LOL @ Rikki! That’s great. Some one should open one of those polls at the top of a topic.

Should _____________ be kicked off the forum?
    yes or no

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:33 pm

gee a ground and pound cage fighter being rattled by typed words of a differing opinion? trying to stiifle thought and opinion.? demanding conformity? get a grip

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:35 pm
    Pro Fighter

Sticks and stones, sticks and stones people.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:30 am

it is odd that some get bugged by me criticising the objectivitiy/accuracy of professed news programs’ coverage of MMA. and those two programs were promotional pieces, not news. imagine how msnbc and 60 mins cover topics u don’t know anything about

Seth
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:45 am

Hmm…. Did anyone see the piece on Erin this week? I think it was shown on Wed.

Years before news as “info-taninment” became a staple, the mastermind of 60 Minutes said that while others saw the show as hard hitting journalism he molded the show along the same entertainment lines as a TV drama or sitcom.

Football is shockingly violent. It would be fun to start banning it statewide starting in say, Texas.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:11 pm

snarky rhetoric but no point.

foxylicious
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:53 pm

Uuuuggggghhhhhhh.

spidermenda
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:55 am

We are suppose to stick together and support each other in this field, not rip each others heads off. Yeah I understand that there are misunderstandings but make your point and drop it!

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:50 am

i’m not ripping anyone’s head off, though i can’t say the same of the intentions of my opponents 🙂 i am just commenting on producing errors. and i think one’s main responsibility here is to think on their own and state their opinions. NOT having individual thought while parroting the thoughts of others is not the best path, IMHO.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?