MTV2 is casting for female Martial Artist

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

debi
    Post subject: MTV2 is casting for female Martial Artist PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:07 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

DEFEND YOUR MARTIAL ARTS STYLE AGAINST THE BEST COMPETING PRACTIONERS IN THE NATION

MTV2 launches new competitive television series

SANTA MONICA, CA – MTV2 is currently casting an unprecedented, competitive series that will pit the best martial arts practitioners of their respective styles against one another in an arduous competition of challenges and stand-up, point-based tournament fighting to determine which art is capable of producing the definitive martial arts champion.

The electrifying new series—MTV2 Final Fu—will bring together various disciplines of martial arts in an arduous competition of challenges and stand-up tournament fighting to discover the definitive martial arts champion.

“We are looking for athletes to demonstrate their skills, honor their art, and defend their discipline.” says Doron Ofir, Casting Director. “Our goal is to find the best fighters—regardless of their martial arts style—and showcase them to the world.”

The network is seeking men and women who appear between the ages of 18 and 30, and are black belt level (or equivalent) in a style of martial arts. For more information and to submit an application please visit http://www.fightergirls.com or call the casting hotline at (310) 907-2681

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:57 pm
    Pro Fighter

too bad I’m not a black belt. 🙂 anyone?

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:14 pm
    Instructor

How can you have an equivalent of black belt in MMA? Does that just mean that no MMA practioners can apply?

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:05 pm
    Pro Fighter

I wouldnt do it. It sounds more like a karate thing. Of course a karate person who point fights is going to beat a mma fighter in a point fight match. Where does it say that we will get to ground fight? It just talks about stand up fighting with points.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:13 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

In my opinion I would say contact them if you have a couple years in BJJ because Black Belts are not going to be an 18 year old….. This is one of many offers here at fightergirls….. So go for it girls!!!!!

Chad

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:41 am

I spoke with them yesterday.

This is what they said. It is a stand up tourney, so no ground fighters need apply. Black belt level means at the top of your stand up sport. Muay Thai. Kickboxing, Tae Kwon Do, Karate, ect. This is a great oportunity for some of you girls who are stand up stylist.

M TV already has the deal signed , so its a go. They said they will not pay for plane tickets to come out for audition but will take care of hotel. I say fill out the form, and see what comes of it.

I would do it except they want girls under 30 lol that leaves me OUT, besides im trying to get ready to fight MMA again.

adriennaaj
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:36 am
    Pro Fighter

Thats great that you are getting back in deb, hey, maybe they mean LOOK over thirty, You are definitly a youngin’ in that aspect. I didnt know your age, i mean for the few years that i have been checking this forum, you dont look over thirty at all. Whatever you got going for yourself keep it up, its working! 😈

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:59 pm

i mean for the few years that i have been checking this forum, you dont look over thirty at all

AJ you just made a best fried for life hahhaa see how easy 😉

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:15 pm
    Pro Fighter

i hate point fighting….i always sucked at it because ill take one to give 3…i dont like this stopping crap as soon as someone gets tagged. oh well, it might be interesting to watch. Debi—youre and awesome kickboxer and TKD champion…you should do it, dude.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:05 pm

Erin Toughill just called. and said she told them “no” as they wanted her to fight top men in Muay Thai. hmmmm very odd.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:08 pm
    Pro Fighter

that’s ridiculous.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:01 am

👿 WTF! 👿

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:09 pm
    Pro Fighter

Just to let any of you know who might seriously be considering spending their OWN money and time off work, training, etc. for this. I lived about 30 min. away so it was not a big deal.

They were super serious about wanting to have men x women in challenges AND fights. I was like WTF? How do they really think they’re gonna do that I asked. You basically have a bunch of ppl w/ a lot of time and a lot of money and they’re thinking of shit to do.

They wanted it to be like “Street Fighter” the video game. They said everyone always picks the “girls” to beat the guys up! LOL Yeah, I said. It IS a video game LOL They said I probably had too much experience since they are looking more for flailers who’ll just put their ass on the line to be on TV. I am sure they’ll have ZERO prob finding girls to do that. I also knew TWO of the guys who tried out. These are 200-250 lb PROS at the top of their games. I am like “And I am supposed to fight them?!” I don’t think so. Girls x girls is great….but I did not like how they did not really tell anything cause I did not really ask anything. I don’t think it’s fair for girls to out there…unless you are DYING to get on TV…and on that note – go for it LOL

So that’s that 🙂

themannon
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:51 pm

Wow, do they even know what they’re doing? They are talking about sending a woman or a smaller guy up against high level heavyweights!? This isnt a video game – they’re going to get someone seriously hurt.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:55 pm
    Instructor

Quote:
    This isnt a video game – they’re going to get someone seriously hurt.

Well, I hope that one of two things happen. One, they don’t get any attention or two, they don’t try to connect it to MMA. Also, hopefully, no one gets killed.

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:43 am
    Pro Fighter

thats the most ridiculous sh*t ive ever heard. you know the perverts will just be skyrocketing their ratings for that one.

i mean, lets face it. there are some girls who would be so technically superior to some men they would face that it wouldnt matter.
    but that doesnt happen often. girls just arent as strong as guys even if they are the same weight (98% of the time), its biology. that doesnt have anything to do with how technical or tough we can be, its just the facts.

girls should fight girls. period.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?