My idea for an MMA version of Fight Girls

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Sako
    Post subject: My idea for an MMA version of Fight Girls Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:02 pm

Instead of fighting muay thai to go Thailand, maybe fight in mma to go to Japan. Instead of Master Toddy’s gym, maybe Erik Paulson’s gym in California. They should borrow the Ultimate Fighter team structure instead of the Fight Girls structure with Master Toddy randomly assigning one of the two mentors to each fighters, but still have two girls in each weight class fighting for their spot and have the eliminated girl go home. I think the show avoided most of the pitfalls of the Ultimate Fighter by bringing in girls who are serious fighters and by not letting the eliminated fighter stick around. Also scrap the selective editing and show the fights in their entirety like they do on the Ultimate Fighter, that is the one thing I and probably a lot of other people found annoying about Fight Girls. The coaches for the teams should be Debi Purcell, Erin Toughill, or Tara La Rosa. Maybe Erin and Tara for the sake of some funny drama a la Matt Hughes and Matt Serra.

Jilly the Fighter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:11 am

I like it a lot!
    I like how they have the Ultimate fighter set up, and I like what you added to it. Those coaches would be awsome as well! 😉

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:38 pm

i have read a blog which is telling that kind of reality-show about female wrestling Coming to Japan is cool idea.. oh wait sorry i have to say it wont work.

1) active weight class is different
    in north America, 135 lbs is is the most active class to fight at or 125 . our Japanese girls are much lighter, 48kg=about 105lbs is the most popular. DEEP is trying to make new belt for 45kg now.

2) GnP for female MMA tends to be avoided in Japan
    SmackGirl New Rule doesnt allow GnP. u know the main organization for female fighters in Japan is Smack. Fighters have to adjust to their rules. i was afraid that Japanese Fighters would face to difficulty when they fight in North America to see the news about new rules.

Personally, i dont have any problems to watch the fights in New SmackGirl rules=Old Rings KOK rules, original shooto general rules before 1995, the fight would get more submission-oriented and thrilling with quick move like Mario Sperry vs. Kanehara, but SmackGirls`s promotion`s is leaving from Standard MMA although they are keeping to claim that they will go to overseas.

3) Japan is not like Thailand
    i know , in Thailand the internet is more popular than we foreigner think from my experience as an admin on several international chat services, but still only a few “information” come from Thailand. Thailand, India,vietnam are not countries like U.S. Canada. Japan unfortunately. when i watch webisode of that “fightgirl”, i felt something very strange.

Women are NOT allowed in Muai Thai basically, at least u girls NEVER be able to get in the ring of 2 Top MuaiThai stadiums
    Rajadumnern Stadium and Lumpinee boxing stadium for their tradition and religious taboo. Not a matter of right or wrong, liberal or conservative, old culture and progressive culture. its the way to be there.

U may think like “Rajadumnern and Lumpinee are not the only Muai thai”, but YES they ARE the ONLY REAL MuaiThai. of course they have local MuaiThai fights everywhere, even they fight at small carnival of a small village for only less than $10. However all the MuaiTai fighters` dreams and the Goals are fighting in the rings of Rajadumnern and Lumpinee. and become a champ or ranker. we can see female MuaiThai fighters of course, but as long as MuaiThai is there , they are not real MuaiThai.

Its almost the same with our Sumo. u can play Sumo anywhere but u are not real Sumo wrestler “rikishi”or “Sekitori” if u are not living in the sumo society and not ranked by Oo-zumo organization.

well, Im kinda talking about the matter of topic about “structuralism”.

i almost started to burst to laugh when i watched the webisode of Master Toddy`s allegory about “3 chopsticks”. Maybe they use chopsticks there, Thailand and our Country Japan are both under strong influences of buddhism. So no wonder to see some kind of similarity between their allegories and ours. Or maybe same kind of stories like “only 1 *** is easy to be broken but 3 ***s in 1 is NOT” are everywhere in any cultures but… chopsticks?? Master Toddy is ahhh i should not say.

u know “reality-show” on TV is not all real.

U already have good training camps like Xtream Couture, Erik Paulson’s gym and great coaches like Josh, Hendo, Bus there. not only them u have Tara, Amanda, Shyna, those great fighter who can lead younger athletes. Something like IFL of female MMA in North America sounds great to me.

BUT WE WONT GIVE U BACK ROXANNE at least for more 5 or 6 years, oh maybe 10? 20? =P

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:31 pm

koolpaw wrote:
    Coming to Japan is cool idea.. oh wait sorry i have to say it wont work.

1) active weight class is different
    in north America, 135 lbs is is the most active class to fight at or 125 . our Japanese girls are much lighter, 48kg=about 105lbs is the most popular. DEEP is trying to make new belt for 45kg now.
    So does Thailand and the U.S., but they still managed to find enough short overweight or bulky girls to fight the bigger American girls.

koolpaw wrote:
    2) GnP for female MMA tends to be avoided in Japan
    SmackGirl New Rule doesnt allow GnP. u know the main organization for female fighters in Japan is Smack. Fighters have to adjust to their rules. i was afraid that Japanese Fighters would face to difficulty when they fight in North America to see the news about new rules.
    Fight Girls, The bouts to decide which American girl goes to thailand weren’t fought under full muay thai rules. In those bouts, no knees or elbows were allowed to the head.

koolpaw wrote:
    u know “reality-show” on TV is not all real.
    Ofcourse it isn’t, they edit out an entire week to fit it into one hour. And how a person acts living in a house with 12 strangers and TV cameras watching them everywhere is not the same as how person acts in real life.

koolpaw wrote:
    U already have good training camps like Xtream Couture, Erik Paulson’s gym and great coaches like Josh, Hendo, Bus there. not only them u have Tara, Amanda, Shyna, those great fighter who can lead younger athletes. Something like IFL of female MMA in North America sounds great to me.
    I don’t like the IFL, the team concept doesn’t suit MMA well IMO. When a league puts an emphasis on teams and team names, the individual fighters don’t stand out as much as stars. The IFL is already struggling with their ratings. A Female IFL would be more lonely than women’s ice hockey.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:55 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

xcellent stuff Sako…actually similar projects have been in the works although cannot get into details as various network negotiations are pending…stay tuned. 😉

wrestleone
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:00 pm

old news

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:12 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Shows like this,
    Have been in the works for over a year. The problem was the faliure of Fight Girls and now the networks are afraid. But there are a few in the making. I guess stick around to see which ones actually get sold

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?