Need Female Fighter Photos to Raise $ for Domestic Violence

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

piranha
    Post subject: Need Female Fighter Photos to Raise $ for Domestic Violence PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:03 pm

HI
    Life gets so busy sometimes that I forget about the horrible things that happen every day around me so I decided to try and help and came up with an idea.

I will be creating calendars, t-shirts, notecards, etc. featuring female fighters to raise $$ for Domestic Violonce Centers.

I will probably use Cafe Press to sell the items (seems the easiest way)

The slogan will read:

“You Don’t Have to Be a Fighter to Fight Back”

Each month I will choose a different Center/Women’s Shelter and donate 100% of the proceeds to them.

If you are a fighter (any style, amateur or professional) and would like your photo added, please email me a picture of yourself and a bio. I will also need a written release for me to use your photo (for this purpose only)
    The photo can be posed or of you in an actual fight. I’m hoping this will raise awarness and also be able to help some women/children get a new start on life.

Thanks,

Laura Ortiz
    Ephrata Martial Arts, PA

piranha@comcast.net

Just started a website for this…hope to have it finished witin a few weeks

http://www.fightergirls.com

CaptainBad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:29 pm

I read with interest your posting Laura, but it looks a little one-sided. It neglects the issue of domestic violence against men, something that’s very commonplace.

Don’t forget that men too suffer, often abominably, from abusive wives. But this is, frustratingly, very often ignored. While tireless efforts are put into helping abused women, next to nothing is spared for abused men.

So what would be your solution if an abusive woman is a martial arts expert? Should the abused male partner also develop a fighting skill to put the situation right? Should he hit her back to fight her off? I think that’s your proposed solution for a woman, so why not for a man?

Othewise, well, it’s somewhat smile.

Take a peek at these links below.

piranha
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:30 pm

Really, it’s not smile at all. I never stated that it wouldn’t beneifit abused men…I said profits would be donated to Domestic Violence Centers (which can include men) and Women’s Shelters….are there any men’s shelters?? Also I don’t think you read my post correctly…

You said:

“Should he hit her back to fight her off? I think that’s your proposed solution for a woman”

when did I propose this???

the slogan I chose is ” You Don’t Have To Be A Fighter To Fight Back”
    which would mean there are other ways of fighting back such as leaving the situation, pressing charges, etc…

besides all this, I’m just trying to help out…if you are so concerened about domestic violence against men, why don’t you start your own crusade

CaptainBad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:58 pm

I’m glad you’ve now made everything clear Laura. My fault, I did assume you were only interested in violence against women. Reading between the lines of your posting it seemed to suggest that.

So now that all is clear, there is no longer any doubt in my mind that your new website will give equal prominence to men battered by abusive women. Who knows, it might even help start up men’s shelters.

As for men’s shelters, there are none. And that’s part of the problem. Violence against men is at best not taken seriously and at worst seen as a joke.

Jennifer Howe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:01 pm
    Pro Fighter

What a great idea and a great slogan. You’d be amazed who you know that has been in situations like this.

Mook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:09 am

Oh what PC bullshit. Most domestic violence is against women. There is no way it is equivalent for males. Come on sissy boy. Some women are seriously abused. There is no comparison.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:47 am
    Pro Fighter

I think this is a great idea, I’ve wanted to host an all women’s fight card to raise money for domestic violence myself but haven’t done it yet. The large majority of injuries, deaths and spousal rape are crimes committed against women by men. And there are thousands who don’t make the call to the police. Yes it happens both ways, but against women it happens at epicemic proportions.

domiere
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:00 pm

i have sent you a message via your site piranha…

i think what you are doing is a great idea and if it helps just one person it has been worth it.

i was badly abused by my now long divorced husband and i think your slogan is spot on as although i am now a mma fighter ( well will be soon just training at the mo….) i would never phyically fight back but my inner strength and confidence i now have knowing i could defend myself and even fight back, means i can fight back in otherways making me a better person.

let everyone find the strength to fight on…………..x

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:40 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

men are such complex idiots

men are so arrogant

men are going in a downward spiral

poem by scarce

scarce is a robot of the future- i hate men/compute/compute//

CaptainBad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:46 pm

Mook — I think you missed the point a little bit, slightly-like.

Scarce — I think you hit the nail on the head.

piranha
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:14 am

😀 Well I have one fighter up on the website so far and 2 more sending pics..Thanks Val!!…We are working on a logo which will be used for the t-shirts/sweatshirts (thanks to web/graphic designer Alicia 😀 ) ….anyone else out there interested just email…thanks!

Laura

piranha
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:13 am

new email address for the org….

ffadv@comcast.net

I have 7 fighters so far…thanks to all of you! 😀

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:49 pm

well mook doesn’t know much about unreported F on M abuse and scarce apparantly hasn’t heard of Paris Hilton. i rest my case

FoxfireJessE
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm

Thats an awesome idea. I was reading an article on the UG awhile back about a man who had arm barred his wife in a domestic fight and broken her arm and then refused to let her go to the hospital. Eventually she developed an infection and actually died from it. It’s hard to believe in this day and age that people can be like that. And as a former victim myself, i think this is a very worthy and great thing you are doing. Let me know if you need help in any way!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?