need fighter girl advice!!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Rox21
    Post subject: need fighter girl advice!! PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:31 pm
    Pro Fighter

I want to fight soon.

That just goes without saying but let me say it anyway. I’ve been dying to fight ever since Laura.

So…I’m thinking about asking my manager to find me a fight in October. The Smack girl people keep asking me about november 11th (or something) or october 10th.

The thing is, with my schedule I can only train Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. It’s mostly grappling. I have a private student I can cancel sunday night to train stand up, because those other days don’t include kickboxing, but I hate to do that because we only meet once a week. So I’d feel bad, but I could do that. I lift weights Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and last friday I could but sometimes I can’t depending if I work in the mornings.

I really want to get focused. Sometimes I train and think “oh I don’t have to push myself because I don’t have a fight.” I’m tired of that way of thinking. I’ve fallen into that lately. Same with eating- Oh I can have that cookie since Idon’t have to fight” and nothing can change that until I HAVE A FIGHT. I feel like I don’t have as much control over myself unless I have a fight coming up, in many aspects. So I want a fight.

I’m asking you fighter girls if you think three days a week of really hard training MMA (because they actually do MMA at my dojo!) plus walking and lifting on other days is enough to prepare for a fight in a little over a month.

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:05 pm
    Pro Fighter

I think coming has a fight drug problem lol

If you think you can do it and want it bad enough, you can do it. If you dought yourself, then you cant.

luvmachine
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:35 pm

dont get in the ring if your not ready. You know your busy as hell, do whats best for your career. Is fighting in Oct. really the best thing for you?

ThaiGirlIreland
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:52 am

never go into the ring tried or unprepared you know mind rules over body sometimes so wait till you are less busy when you can commet fully to the fight.
    Than kick ass.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:30 am
    Pro Fighter

Roxy,

From all us mom’s and single mom’s, however much we WANT to fight and train everyday, fighting takes a backseat to LIFE and responsibility but that doesn’t mean we don’t fight.

When I don’t have a fight coming up, I usually train 3 or 4 days per week. When I DO have a fight (or THINK I do) I train 6 days a week, running 3-5 miles at lunch time, Stand-up on Tuesdays, BJJ a couple times a week, some technical MMA and then rounds and rounds and rounds and drills and drills and drills on 1 or 2 days a week.

I know you don’t run, but if you get your cardio and weights in 4 days a week and when you train, get EVERY SECOND out of it, push yourself the entire time. Who knows, you may be a BETTER fighter giving your body time to heal in between.

YOU NEVER FEEL READY ENOUGH TO FIGHT. If you wait to feel like you’ve trained enough and you’re not dragging ass tired then you probably didn’t train hard enough. So, my thoughts are Roxy, you should do it – but really commit mentally to fight with a DIFFERENT training schedule NOT less. Train smarter. There’s different kinds of fighters, some who ONLY train and fight and some who don’t. Welcome to the land of those who have other resonsibilities.

YOU LOVE TO DO IT. LIFE IS SHORT. What are you afraid of??? That you’ll lose? That you won’t do your best? Those things can happen anyway. Everybody has an off day. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???

How can we reach you???????? Bret may be fighting in Pancrase Oct 2.
    🙂 We’ve moved but same email!

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:42 am
    Pro Fighter

Getting prepared for a fight is really nerve racking and requires a HUGE amount of commitment and focus. Waiting to fight till you are ready mentally and physically ready is always a smart idea.
    Good luck ROXXI

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:17 pm
    Pro Fighter

just saying if you wait until you feel 100% ready physcially and mentally, you’ll be waiting forever.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:37 pm
    Instructor

I have to agree with Heather on this one.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:56 am
    Pro Fighter

thanks guys

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?