new all womens grappling/MMA organisation – run by a woman.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

flyguy
    Post subject: new all womens grappling/MMA organisation – run by a woman. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:50 pm

New Zealand is a long way away from the US and Europe but it is the home of a new all womens grappling/MMA organisation which can be found here

http://www.fightergirls.com

It is run by a member of this forum who( I think should be proud of what she has acheived already in building up women’s grappling in NZ.

Although primetime itself is new it has held two events already and it is grew out of an organisaton called sportfighters which may well be the largest womens grappling club in the world. If that sounds a large claim they have had up to 50 members , all female, in that club.

As you will see the Primetime rulses are basically aggresive grappling. I have seen brief video clips and it is good . The tag team matches provide the sort of constant action which is audience pleasing without any “WWE” type silliness whatsoever to spoil the skill.

In case you don’t know New Zealanders may be the most sports crazy nation on earth in terms of actual participation so lets hope primetime does well.

One of their great hopes is to either get US women fighters to visit them .

As it explains on the website they have already had TV coverage and are hoping for more in 2006.

So Iwould like to wish them really great sucess in 2006 from this forum

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:51 am
    Instructor

Awesome! I hope they have success with this venture.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:17 am

Dope. Though I wish the women’s promos would just do full rules

Hywel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:55 am

its looks very interesting indeed but i had a hard time working out the rules

basically there are no strikes standing, but they allow strikes ont he floor (not to the head)

I didn’t get this rule though

[quote]12. No single lock or hold is to be kept on for more than 20 seconds. At the 20 second point the lock/hold will be broken and the fight will be restarted.[/quote]

whats that about?

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:38 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

This is great, I wish you the best of luck

Deb

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?