NEW CLASS: ‘Fitness Wrestling for Women’ – Oakland, CA

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Jess
    Post subject: NEW CLASS: ‘Fitness Wrestling for Women’ – Oakland, CA PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:06 pm

Just so y’all know…I always encourage female students to take the regular BJJ and wrestling classes and train with the guys, but there are a lot of women who dont feel comfortable doing that – at least at first. I’m hoping that a class like this one will help women overcome thier initial fears and get more of us out there on the mat. It’s also just nice to be able to roll sometimes without feeling like the life is being squished out of you. It’s easier to concentrate on learning techniques when you arent fighting for your life every second, you know?

Jess
    http://www.fightergirls.com

—————————————————————————

The Open Door Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy in Oakland (as featured in the movie ‘24 Hours on Craigslist’) is adding one more class to our curriculum.

FITNESS WRESTLING FOR WOMEN!!!

Open Door Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is now accepting students a ‘Fitness Wrestling’ class for women only. The idea behind Fitness Wrestling is for students to learn the same holds and techniques that they would study in a regular submission style wrestling class, only the focus of this class will be more on getting a good work out and having fun than on competition or even necessarily winning the match. After all, when everyone on the mat is having a good time, EVERYONE wins!

Starting on September 5th we will be holding Fitness Wrestling classes Monday and Wednesday evening from 8-10pm. This will be a five week trial class only with continuation depending upon student interest and enrollment. The fee for the five week training session is $150.

So come on over to Open Door and PLAY with us for a couple hours! Get in shape, have a good time, and learn a few self defense skills in the process. You aren’t too old, to uncoordinated, too out of shape, or too anything else to be able to do this. You win just by showing up. ALL WOMEN OF ANY AGE AND FITNESS LEVEL ARE WELCOME. You’ll have so much fun working out and rolling around on the mats that you won’t even realize you’ve been exercising…until the next day that is… 😉 This class is for beginners only. More advanced students are welcome to practice with us during regular class hours.

The commencement of this class depends upon sufficient student enrollment, so if you think it’s something you would like to try, please contact me as soon as possible and I will schedule accordingly. If different times and days work better for you, please let me know that as well. I may not be able to change the class times, but I do like to keep track of which days and times are most convenient for the greatest number of students.

Thank you! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jessi Taran
    2x US Open BJJ Champion

vonmott@gmail.com
    http://www.fightergirls.com

The Open Door BJJ Academy also offers daily classes in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Submission Wrestling, Self-Defense, and now….Muai Thai as well!!!! Check out our website or Yahoo Group for weekly schedules, or call (510)532-3803 OR (415)724-4088 for details.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?