This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

sandy
    Post subject: new here.PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:34 pm

Just started brazillian jujitsi about a month ago, hard work but lots of fun! Just wondering how you ladies felt when you first started? I’m having a hard time with my stand up. I still think about what needs to be done to get it all right. Never relized how much skill just went into throwing a punch. Still feel like a fish out of water a lot of the time. How do you handel someone that is so much better than you? Anyway just wanted to know if eveything I.m feeling is normal and that I have to get better soon.

ABScene
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:00 am

Hi Sandy,
    I’m not new to BJJ but am new to the forum. Yes, everything you are feeling is “normal”. You said you are learning punching in BJJ? We do this in our MMA program but there is no striking in our BJJ classes. I think it is good to learn both for sure. Expect to do a lot of tapping in the first little while of training and be sure to concentrate on learning your escapes FIRST. Don’t get wrapped up in learning submissions and counters as you will find yourself mostly in bad positions especially if you TRY a submission and it fails. Although I am a nobody compared to many of the women on this forum, I have come a long way from when I first started. I am much more relaxed when I roll and can hold my own pretty good with the bigger guys. To handle someone much better than you is hard. Learn from them, ask questions – NO EGO. Gradually you will learn what to do and what not to do.

Best of luck in your training!

Rebecca

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?