new in mma

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

jessy_t
    Post subject: new in mma PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:34 am

Hi everyone! Im new in the mma field, ive been training Jiu jitsu for almost 2 years now and am getting my blue belt soon. I also train Muy Thai. What other training should I get into to get ready for my first fight?

THANKS
    JESSY

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:52 am

I’ll let the experienced ladies on this site advise you…

I just have to say one thing.

Brainerd, MN? Please tell me you speak exactly like the Marge Gunderson from Fargo.

“Ah, hon, ya got Arby’s all over me.”

😈

jessy_t
    Post subject: mn, ayePostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:55 am

not at all. although every once in a while when Im talking to my grandparents (they do talk that way) ill slip into it! i havent even seen fargo.

-j-

jessy_t
    Post subject: one more thingPostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:58 am

how in the hell do you get over the first fight jitters. i havent even scheduled mine yet and im already freaking out. I never used to be afraid of anything, then i became a mother. now everything scares me.

dang it!

JulesK
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:10 am
    Pro Fighter

You’re a mommy?

From what I hear, the pain of labor is WAY more than anything you’ll ever experience in the ring…so relax 🙂

i was at a seminar by Dan Inosanto once and he was talking about how all these old Filipino men (including his father) used to take unsanctioned boxing matches to supplement thier income after work. Their motto was “How bad can three rounds be?”

LOL, for some reason this expression has stuck with me, particlarly when I have to spar after a brutal training session. I’m in no way trying to minimize the experience of actually fighting (which is amazing and props to you for stepping up), but it’s a nice way of helping your mind to relax a bit. If your training and technique is there, then just find little things to say to yourself that will get your mental conditioning up there.

😉 You’ll be great
    jules

jessy_t
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:16 am

thanks for the encouragement! there is nothing that could talk me out of the ring. but the unknown is always scary. I train with Brock Larson and he loves fighting. granted he is 15/0. He has been hit hard though. Stephan Potvin clobberd him good with a head kick. and he never shys away from a fight. so, i have a good mentor. but around here females in this sport are non-existant. i have to pave the way. i have some women in the dojo that are into the muy thai that seem to be waiting to see how i do before the commit to training for real. its been a long process with alot of emotion. and now that i am so close, I guess i just cant wait!!!

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:48 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:
    I’ll let the experienced ladies on this site advise you…

I just have to say one thing.

Brainerd, MN? Please tell me you speak exactly like the Marge Gunderson from Fargo.

“Ah, hon, ya got Arby’s all over me.”

😈

This is funny!!!!! I was born in MN and some relatives still live there… I have to say great state to visit….. Yes I will admit they do talk like fargo but the only way to pick it up is not be a native MN ( you knoooooooooow).

Anyone that can live through a Minnesota winter has my vote that they will last 10 min in the cage!!!!!!

Welcome to the site!!!!!

Chad

jessy_t
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:01 am

thanks

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:15 am
    Instructor

I suggest working on putting your stand up, takedowns, and ground game together.

jessy_t
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:47 am

You mean starting from standup and maybe trowing some jabs, shooting a double leg, then moving to position and gnping or submitting?

kindov making a drill out of it?

Sounds like a drill I need to do. What I really need is a training partner. 😥

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:25 pm
    Instructor

Basically. Work on transitioning from one range to another and also work on not getting stuck in one range (ie. when you’re grappling you forget that you can get back up and box).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?