New Kickboxing Forum for Women

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

KnockOut2
    Post subject: New Kickboxing Forum for WomenPostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:51 am

Hey all
    I just wanted to let you know that I (finally) finished getting the Women’s forum up and running on my site.

If you’re not familar with AxKickboxing.com, it is a site that has been around for 7 years and running. It is a truly international site with viewers from The U.K., U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil and Japan…and many other countries. On Ax, we discuss everything “Kickboxing”…from K-1 to Muay Thai. There are over 3500 Registered Ax members.

Now, female Kickboxers have a place where their side of the sport can be discussed. The Womenkickboxing.com forum has been around for a while to provide that sort of thing, but that forum has limitations. The owner of that site (Dan Cuccich) is a longtime contributor to the Ax forum. He and I have discussed how useful a female forum would be on Ax. Now that time has finally come.

here is where you can go directly to the female Kickboxing forum on Ax

or just go to  and click on female forum at the top.

Enjoy!

Brian Ritchie

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:03 pm
    Pro Fighter

Yay it’s finally there 😀 , i’ve been waiting for this to get up and running for a while.

Now let me just try to remember my password (it’s been so long since i signed up…) 😕

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:28 pm

Hey, great look and layout, Brian…nice job!

RA

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:59 pm
    Pro Fighter

Wohoo found my password 😀 (after three days of racking my brains trying every password i’ve ever used, i finally found it written in an email in my inbox…).

But now i feel too shy to write anything 😳

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:06 pm

Ya know, that mirrors the words of most every woman that I’ve spoken to about posting on the Ax forum. There seems to be some strange degree of intimidation. That one reason why I decided to make a female forum…to provide a place where a) female kickboxing discussion can take place and b) female fight cans can feel comfortable and welcomed to post.

If there is anything I can do to make it easier, let me know. I’ve tried to participate in the fightergirls forum to keep it active for a while. I’ll continue to do that. But now, I’ll try to focus on getting the Ax women’s forum moving.

Help! 🙂

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:54 pm
    Pro Fighter

Personally i’ve never posted there because a lot of people from my club post there and i kind of like a place like fightergirls where i can be somewhat annonymous. Also, occasionally a few threads pop up on there that aren’t exactly complementary to women (i.e. “who’s the hottest female fighter” type threads) which makes me feel like if i start talking about something “womanly” then i’m just setting myself up to be the target of a joke. But i’m figuring that i should get over this fear and just beat the ass of anyone who dares to mess with me hehe 😈

But anyway, i bit the bullet and posted something… just for you Brian 😀

Anthea

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:56 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

You did a great job Brian!!!!!

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:54 am

Damn,…yeah Anthea, I can see how that would make a woman not feel very welcomed. I planned to utilize more strict moderation on the women’s forum. For one, I’m going to ban “men vs women” discussions, because that is not very helpful to the sport (I feel). It didn’t take one day for some guy to post something inappropriate on the women’s forum, but I removed it and sent a warning. I’m going over an overhaul on the forum rules as we speak to specifiy the rules specific to the different forums.

I realize that developing a women’s fighting forum of any kind is definitely an uphill battle.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?