new school

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Mandy
    Post subject: new schoolPostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:47 pm

Hey ladies. I’m currently in Detroit, and have attended a few of Marie’s jujitsu classes. I loved them, and as it turns out, in about three weeks I am moving home, to Southern California, Torrance to be specific. I’ve been looking at schools online, and all of them want at least $90 a month for the minimum of one to two classes per week. While I know it’s worth it, I really just don’t have that kind of money right now (being only 21 and moving back into my mom’s house 🙄 ).
    So I pose this question: Does anyone know of a school that teaches decent jujitsu classes (I don’t need to train for a belt or anything, just for the experience) that are more reasonable, and in my area? Or does anyone work at one, and maybe we could work something out? (I’m not above cleaning mats and such, hehe)
    Thanks for the consideration.
    Amanda

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:07 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Hi Mandy
    You might want to try to contact the women from the open mat… San Pedro is close where you will be moving..

Chad

Mandy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:50 am

Thanks for the advice, but would you mind posting a link? Or web address? I can’t seem to find the site.

Amanda

cat
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:52 pm

Try intmartialarts.com I train Muay Thai, boxing, kali, and jiu jitsu there. Got a brown and purple belt teaching there under Cleber Luciano. Plenty of girls to train with.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:07 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:06 pm
    Pro Fighter

Amanda – that’s kinda of the going rate as far as BJJ classes. You could possibly find something that’s lower…but sometimes the motto “you get what you pay for” is true. I have an all womens BJJ class that I run myself Tuesdays and Saturdays in Costa Mesa. That’s about 40 minutes south from Torrance. It’s about the same price for 2 x’s a week…I have about four girls since it’s pretty new. Anyways, just food for though. Hope you find a place to train!!

Erin Toughill

Jessica
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:55 am

Caique is in Torrance. Great training and team…Like Erin said, most everyone in CA is a black belt or affiliated in some way so it tends to be expensive for good training.

Good luck to you…

Jessica Ross

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?