News of the WeirdPost

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  chad m 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Keymaster

J
    Post subject: News of the WeirdPostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:53 am

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just read it in our local weekly paper. It is from News of the Weird by Chuck Shepard, which is printed in papers all over the place. For those who have never read News of the Weird, the stories are usually written to sarcastically make fun of the subjects. As you can see, fighting MMA is apparently as crazy as a random guy performing botched castrations! 😯

“Lead Story”
    “Pleasures of the Educated Class: In July, Reuters profiled 26-year-old British mathematician Rosi smile (doctoral degree). Her avocation is “cage fighting” (using martial arts and near-mayhem tactics to beat opponents into submission), which she compares to chess; another cage fighter, a college professor, said the sport “requires good problem-solving skills and a good understanding of anatomy and body mechanics.” Also in July, Doug Lenhart, who holds a doctorate in business administration, pleaded guilty in Pittsburgh to several charges for botching a castration, which he had performed on a consenting male-to-female smile.”

J

Brynn999
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:04 am

LMAO
    Hadnt read that, thanks for the chuckle :mrgreen:

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:57 pm

I love News Of The Weird. Usually there are more of a riot than that. Their stupid ciminals stuff is priceless. I wonder how Molly is reacting to her “15 minutes of fame”?

Thanks for the “heads up”.

KM

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:17 pm
    Pro Fighter

What’s that supposed to mean?

15 minutes? I’m just getting started… 😆

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:42 am

Whoops, I meant Rosi. Molly, you were on my mind when I read this post so accidently typed the wrong name. Hey, at least I admit when I goof!

KM

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:21 pm
    Pro Fighter

LOL! Hah – I don’t know which is worse – the 15 min claim or you thinking about me randomly! J/K It’s even funnier that they catagorize Women’s MMA in news of the weird. That should have been front page!

That’s pretty interesting that shes a matmatician. I could see how a mind like that could easily translate to MMA. It is impressive that she is intelligent and also an awesome fighter. It shows as a good example of the kind of people that particiapate – it’s not all street thugs and uneducated brawlers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?