News on Tanya..

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

peak
    Post subject: News on Tanya.. PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:20 am

Hi everyone,

We got back last night at supper time (Nov 20th)and I just wanted to give you the heads up.

The first thing I want to say is congradulations to Julie and Molly!

Last Monday Tanya was sparring and complained about hurting her elbow. There was no pop, just pain and she mentioned that her arm felt funny. There was some point tenderness and mild to moderate pain when she flexed.

But every fighter gets joint pain, we didn’t think anything of it.

By Wednesday she had little or no pain, good strength (equal on both sides) and she had 3 1/2 days left.

The trip down went well. The weigh-ins and interview all went great. Her elbow felt really good, she could punch with full power and no pain.

We went out to eat at 6:00 p.m., at that point she has a very good chance of winning everything.. At diner the waitress asked her “Flex” and show her her “Pipes!”

She couldn’t flex her right bicep!

I felt sick to my stomach… I knew.. But why no pain? Only a complete tear would give you no pain. If there was any tendon attached at all when she flexed she would feel pain.. Why wasn’t the bicep contracting? Yet she had full flexor strength? What do I do? As a coach if I mention anything she would loose the fire. You can’t ever let an athlete know you have doubts. I kept running through all the variables… If it was a level 2 or 3 tear she CAN’T fight. If I am wrong and I pulled her… What would happen when we got back and the surgeon said everything was fine?

The life as a coach!

Needless to say I didn’t sleep that night.

In the morning I convinced her to come to the hospital with me. We arrived at the Deaconess Trauma Hospital… (You got to love capitalistic medical services) We entered emergency at 9:30. 9:35 Examined by a nurse. 9:40 Examined by a nurse-practitioner. 9:45 Examined by an orthopaedic surgeon.. He was as confused as I was. Tanya could pull the nurse-practitioner almost off the ground… He mentioned that best way to figure this out was to do an MRI. I asked how long that would take? He said.”Oh, we will take her right now!” 11:00 Tanya comes back from the MRI which lasted 40 minutes. 11:15 Radiology report comes back.. “Complete tear of the right distal bicep tendon with slight retraction..”

I asked the surgeon how she could have the strength and he mentioned that her “fascia” was intact and incredibly strong. He also mentioned that this was a good thing, since they wouldn’t have to “fish” for the tendon when they re-attached it. It would also allow for the bicep to keep it’s shape after the surgery. 11:30 Discharged. They even gave us the report as well as her MRI on a CD.

Tanya was not only out of the hospital… but out of the tournament.

At this point I got to experience how stubborn she could be.

As you all know my job as a coach is two fold.

“To prepare and to protect!”

She was out, plain and simple.

She has an appointment this morning to setup the surgery.

Sports is about 30% talent, 30% physical genetics, 30% hard work and 10% luck.

Tanya’s luck ran out this time. In every athlete’s career this time will come.. And at 48, Tanya’s time came far later than most!

I hope everyone will join me and wishing her the best. She trained very hard for this. She is technically the best she has ever been. She is the fittest that she has even been. Her mental game was perfect…

And..

Luck played her card..

Take care,

Pete.

P.S. Julie, Molly , what a fantastic fight!!! Great Job!

Last edited by peak on Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:26 am

🙁 I hate to here these stories about anyone.
    Saturday night, I wished her a speedy recovery. Hopefully she has no prolonged pain or effects. 🙁

Last edited by KhorneliusPraxx on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:19 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

HI Pete,
    I am sorry about Tanya, I was looking foward to seeing her back in action. give her my best as always

Deb

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:53 pm
    Instructor

Hope the surgery goes well and she gets healed up all right.

inked
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:36 am

did she get hit or kicked in the arm? I had a friend who tore his bicep that way

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:40 pm
    Pro Fighter

that made me sad when i heard it. it was weird because she was one of the toughest girls in the tournament and not someone i was overly thrilled to fight (lol) but i dont want to see anyone get their hopes up to fight and then have it suddenly taken away from them. really sad. i know she’ll get better though, ive always been a fan so im waiting to see her fight again.

p.s. jorge’s bicep is still screwed to the bone and he’s doing just fine, so im sure shell make it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?