NO LIMITS FEMALE MT BOUT and Debi’s thoughts

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

debi
    Post subject: NO LIMITS FEMALE MT BOUT and Debi’s thoughtsPostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:13 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

This is why I am not a reporter…

My friend Erin Web, was fighting last night a Am Muay Thai bout at the no limits MA academy here in cali. My plan was go in right before her fight sneak in, say hi to her watch the fight, duck out and go home to eat.

Turns out, it did not work out that way. I am sitting outside on the ground by the door in the most AMAZING MMA gym in the world, this gym is HUGE with a ring, an a octagon. A store, you name it they have it. I was truly impressed. The AM fight crowd was more like you would see at a pro event. I have been to pro events less well run, and with fewer people, and worse talent.

Mind you. I was planning on not running into anyone. So I was kind of looking like I just crawled out of bed. And low and behold this man walks up to me and says Are you Debi Purcell. I say umm yes.. He goes remember us we interviewed you at kotc from the fight game.tv. I said oh yes, hi. They are so nice and I loved talking to them before, just not with my braids falling out and my eyes being so puffy after my fight 8) , anyway,
    They asked to do an interview with me about the upcoming smak girl event. I thought. Sure here we go again can I NEVER look decent on a video interview. But I agreed, and you can view it on their site http://www.thefightgame.tv. You will not find 2 nicer or knowledgeable guys in the sport. And they do a GREAT job covering MMA here in cali. Thank you guys ;-)..

Anyhow,
    Dumb me the owner of fightergirls. Is there to watch, and I did not even think about bringing the camera or covering the fight. That will teach me to be unprepared.

This Fight was the fight of the night and got a standing ovation.
    I was standing behind a guy who knew the girl my friend was fighting, As the girls come out, he turns to me and says THIS is the fight you want to watch. I replied. I know my friend is fighting. that is why I am here. I stated usually the women steel the show anyway. He kind of rolled his eyes at me like, “Yah sure whatever”

He stated well the girl is only 12 years old, but she a phenom, and is going to win. I just shrugged and said well her opponent is awesome so we shall see.

I remember feeling very bad for Erin, because fighting a little girl has got to be hard NO matter how great she is. As the fighting progressed which by the way showed skills more like a pro fight then a AM one. I realized this 12 year old girl was indeed awesome. The fight in My opinion was even. Although Giovanna pulled of a text book unanswered spinning back fist. at the same time did not have much power behind it. The crowd was on Giovanna’s side. And would yell OIII every time. She did anything. So I knew if Erin did not KO her she was not going to win. IN the End Giovanna won the Dec.
    Both girls were completely incredible, deserve all the respect. And put on the fight of the night.

Of course the guy in front of me kept going on about how his girl does not fight like a girl, , And I remember thinking. Yes I know plenty of those.
    Who does this guy think I am, a moron who knows nothing of female fighting? I was half expecting him to scream at me that his 12 year old 112 lbs girl was going to kick my ass next. Anyhow I am sure that was exactly what he thought, of me, moron who know’s nothing of female fighting. I wish I had our slogan shirt *IM not like most girls* so he could have givin it to her to wear.

At any rate Giovanna is a young bright star and I thoroughly enjoyed watching her fight, and am going to be watching and rooting for her, in the future.
    As for Erin. She is fantastic and has a great career in front of her as well. She has already fought MMA 4 times and has had multiple MT matches. And look for her to shine in MT and MMA in the 115-weight class. Giovanna made a new fan, out of me, and Erin did not disappoint and old one.

Lastly I got to say hello to my old friend Quinton *Rampage* Jackson. Before I left, but missed Bao Quaches fight because I was freezing and starving and needing to get home. Congrats on your win Bao. You know I am always your biggest fan.

Lesson number one. Never leave the house without doing your hair and having on at least a tiny bit of make up

Lesson number two. Always remember, you never know whom your standing next too, and where your words will end up. ;-P

Here is a link to the Webb-Giovanna pics from
    Bout
    support them people , THEY rule

Last edited by debi on Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:38 am

P.S
    watching Giovanna made me feel like and OLD dinosour (which I am.), but then I am reminded of Randy Couture from our sport. and I am revived all over again and think 12 years old 40- years old. Age really means nothing. It is your drive and dedication to succeed that will make you a successful champion

Last edited by debi on Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:58 am
    Pro Fighter

WHOA!

JulesK
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:59 am
    Pro Fighter

Erin Webb is the SH@!!!!!

I LOVE that girl and I KNOW she’s going to go far!!!!

That was a cool write -up, Deb…I’ll get to work on the one you requested soon–PROMISE!)

…and FYI you are NOT a dinosaur 😆

Jules

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:51 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Hi Jules….

I hope things are going awesome with you… I watched your fight on revolution 2…….Great job!!

Debi I wonder if that guy that gave you the crap will ever come here and read this… I am sure he will feel about 2 inches tall

Chad

Report this post Post details Delete post

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:40 am

…lying on his back.

doh!

Thank you…I’m here all week.

erinjwebb
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:45 am

hey Deb, thanks for the supernice write-up. Funny how all the pics posted show their fighter kickin my a**, but i know the fight didn’t look like that…anyways, she didn’t fight like a guy, but she definitely did not fight like a 12yr. old either. can’t wait for the rematch Dec. 18th at No Limits again. Thanks for coming. can’t wait till you fight Smack Girl, stuff me in your suitcase 😉 Jules, miss you dearly. suck it up and get out here to the west coast.

JulesK
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:34 am
    Pro Fighter

HI CHAD!!!! How are you?!!? Thanks! I was TERRIFIED before that fight–Shelby Walker had been on the UG talking about how tough Blair was and I was thinking, “S***; I’m not a boxer!”

LOL, Erin! I’m working on getting out west, I swear!
    (By the way, my email address has changed : JulesK_fighter@hotmail.com
    Email me or call me about your whereabouts over the holidays…we should definately hook up…if you get the chance ask your cousin to call me 😳 )

Debi, can you fit me in your suitcase too?

🙂
    Jules

Anystylist
    Post subject: Debi: re the guy who ticked you off…PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:33 pm

Granted that I wasn’t there, but I think your assessment was a little harsh.

The unfortunate fact is that most fight fans, let alone most people, don’t know much about F or mixed fighting. Given that you were incognito and didn’t identify yourself, this guy treated you like any other civilian. He may have been a bit miffed by your ‘women steal the show’ comment, or maybe he was a blood relative of this Giovanna, I don’t know.

Point is, this might have been an opportunity for you to do some PR work. I bet this guy would have taken a different tack had you even just mentioned this website!

More generally, F fighters (whether pro, serious amateur, or even recreational) who want a fan base or even public recognition for the sport might want to look at how forthcoming they are with the general public.

Better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:41 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

Hey Erin,
    You didn’t even come by to say hi to me!!!! 😥

Anystylist you have a good point but I have to say that Debi will let people sit there talk out there ass and say nothing… She goes to a lot of women events and just hangs out like everyone else… So keep an eye out she might be lurking in the crowd…

Report this post Post details Delete post

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:44 pm

Gosh chad you make me sound like some sneek who trolls around events 😆 .

Anystylist, I do see your point. however, whether IM a fighter or just a fan. Im still a human being . who deserves to be treated with respect and dignity.
    Or perhaps IM just an overly sensitive female about my friends and their fighting skills, I will definitly admit to that 😉

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?