no room for romance in fighting?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Rox21
    Post subject: no room for romance in fighting? PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:28 am
    Pro Fighter

Hey, do you guys remember that quote that some woman fighter ( I think a boxer) made? I forget where it is and I’m trying to locate it. It was about how she felt that there was only room in her heart for fighting, and she wanted to avoid having a boyfriend or something or else it would weaken her heart. Anyone?

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:14 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

I suppose it depends on your bf 😆

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:04 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’m asking for the QUOTE, Debi 😛 No alterior motive whatsoever! 😳

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:09 pm
    Instructor

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 😉

JulesK
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:17 pm
    Pro Fighter

Who is he, Rox?…. just teasing. 😆

gretamobetta
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:31 am
    Pro Fighter

Ya, Spill it. We`re you girls, you can tell us. 😛

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:42 am

No room in one’s heart for anything but fighting? Dayum..now that is hard core. Think about it though..pent up frustration (wink wink) becomes aggression…could be a pretty good strategy.

VooDoo

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:27 am

They do say not to have smile before a fight. 🙄

I tried looking it up on the internet- if you had a better idea of the quote, sometimes it works to type it in quotes in the search engine…

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:37 am

dl_angel wrote:
    They do say not to have smile before a fight.

I think that is for guys, not women. Hell, I’m not a woman so I don’t know if that would have any effect or not.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:53 pm
    Pro Fighter

I couldn’t think of a good portion of the quote. I tried googling everything I could think of. 🙁 it was some interview website!

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:15 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

I Know………… 😯

miss kharitonov
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:28 am

you need this info for something in particular ? i just hope you don’t wanna be inspired by that because i think it is totally wrong and inhuman. 8)

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:43 pm
    Pro Fighter

I don’t remember exactly what was said, so I wanted to think about it a bit! I don’t think it’s wrong and inhuman. What if it’s true?? but I wanted to hear her reasons again..

WhiteCrane
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:49 am

There is definitely room for romance in fighting. I met my BF through Kung Fu. I’d been training for 2 years when he started. Our mutual dedication to fighting was one of the things that brought us together.
    Not to pass judgement because I don’t know about the women who said it, but I think that if there is no room for romance than it is not the art of fighting that has consumed you but the anger behind your fighting.

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:58 am

Quote:
    What if it’s true??

Well you only fight for a brief period in your life because of age, health, etc. so if you avoid romance, you’re gonna be pretty damn lonely for the rest of life. Don’t people generally stop fighting in their 30s? If you live to be 80 that’s a LONG time.

Plus, I don’t see where women are getting THAT much money or that many fights that they need to or even CAN weed out less important things in their lives (like jobs) so they can solely concentrate on fighting.

ixion
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:43 am

Sure hope Rox isn’t getting the idea to follow that quote. She’s an intelligent girl that can fight. You know how hard it is to find a girl with that combo? You either get the trash types that are looking to brawl with everyone without thinking or you get the intelligent ones that are wimps. You are a diamond in the rough, girl. Stop the search for that quote because you might actually believe it and rob a man of a great woman.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:25 pm
    Pro Fighter

hmph…maybe I found a few good quotes right here on this message board.

miss kharitonov
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:12 am

Rox , do you have a boyfriend ? i don’t think so and you try to find good reasons to think you are better alone. i think you are wrong if this is that case. if you are alone and unhappy, you’ll get your part of sunshine someday, don’t worry. even dumb people reach it so why not you ?

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:15 am

miss kharitonov wrote:
    don’t worry. even dumb people reach it so why not you ?

I’m sure she meant this in a good way.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:07 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

rox is engaged to……

it is a long distance romance…….

and the guy lives in chicago???????

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:41 pm
    Pro Fighter

lol no, no boyfriend. I’m alone and happy. Just wondering about the quote.. ;_;

chicago? who’s in chicago?

miss kharitonov
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:01 am

of course i meant it in a good way, rox seems to be a very nice and intelligent girl. 😆
    in another way : if dumb people can reach hapiness, why not intelligent people too ?
    or maybe because we think too much and ask ourselves too many questions. 😉

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:02 pm

Ppl stop fighting in their 30’s?? Uhoh>>>I am in trouble then !! I am just gettin started and um…I am now 35…shhh..dont tell anyone though. JUst our lil secret..ok? 😆

Voo Doo

(pass me my walker so I can get up to kick yer whippersnapper ass)

Anystylist
    Post subject: Damn right, VooDooPostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:02 am

While it’s true that most competitive professional athletes hang it up sometime in their 30s, that’s the very top of the top. As for the rest of us–

Just because you turn 30 doesn’t mean your chances of getting mugged or assaulted go down. If you were a criminal, who would you target–the 25 year old or the 45 year old?

If you take care of yourself, you can be seriously athletic deep into your lifespan, especially if you take care of yourself early and consistently. And if you’re doing a sport you like, you’ll stay with it, and there will be a feedback loop.

Didn’t Helio Gracie roll into his 80s?

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:05 am

Quote:
    While it’s true that most competitive professional athletes hang it up sometime in their 30s, that’s the very top of the top.

When I think about quiting in the 30s, I don’t mean quitting martial arts… I just mean that most people seem to stop competing (from what I see in MMA world) and that means you might still be training, but you aren’t necessarily putting in the training time you do when you fight- running, sparring, weights, and bag/pad work. And when things happen that require you to stop training (like an injury), it’s nice to have people around to be with to keep you from going crazy because you’re not training. People who hang out with you outside of the gym. Friends, boyfriend, whatever. If it’s the right kinda guy, he should be supportive and understanding about the sport. If it’s the wrong guy, then better off single, right? 🙂

And if I were a criminal, I’d target the 25 yr old that’s immature and drunk off her ass down at the bar. 45 yr olds generally aren’t as inexperienced in the world. Not to insult 25 yr olds cuz I’m that age, but… I’d fight myself or my friends before I’d pick on some of the older members of my family…

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:03 pm

Why is it a choice between living and fighting?

If the lady who said that quote is happy with being single, then that is something only she would know and understand about herself. You don’t HAVE to be in a relationship to be a happy person. That depends on the inidvidual person. I would say that most people desire to be in a loving relationship with someone, if they were truly honest.

Fight competition shoud enhance your life, not replace it.

Maybe we should start putting up examples of really good fighters who have been in relationships while still working on their fighting career? There are tons of examples of this. In many cases, the fighters have said that their other-half played an important supporting role in their career.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:13 pm
    Instructor

I know that Rich Franklin almost always has his wife by his side, which I think is really cool. It certainly hasn’t hindered him any.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?