notable achievement

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

voly
    Post subject: notable achievementPostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:41 am

While on the internet not long ago looking at various martial arts info, I came across the posted results of an apparently large (and recent?) grappling tournament. Have been unable to find it again to confirm. The name of the event was close to Grappling At The Beach, however it wasn’t precisely that. Anyway, what I think I read was that in the MEN’s fllyweight competition the competitor who took second place was listed as Laura August, if I have the name correct. A female name one would think.

Don’t know if that kind of achievement is unprecedented for a woman. Highly unusual at the least. Anyway a commendable accomplishment, which no doubt required plenty of determination as well as talent.

One kind of hopes she was able to submit a guy or two that day, though winning on poins is just fine.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:05 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Interesting topic here… I have talked with a lot of females that would grapple men at tourneyments if rules would allow them. due to the fact of not too many women compete in the tourneyments and those that do have no oponents or a couple women in there weight division.

Chad

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?