Openings for Women: California Pankration Championships

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #13512

    Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

    socalpankration
    Post subject: Openings for Women: California Pankration Championships Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:25 am

    Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 4:01 pm
    Posts: 34
    So far about 160 athletes have pre-registered for the 2008 California Pankration Championships with only 3 Women Pre-regsiterd we have room for many more.

    The tournamemt will be held Sunday April 6th at Santa Ana College, 1539 W 17th Street, Santa Ana California.

    This event is for Amateur Athletes only and is run like a double elimination Wrestling/ Jiujitsu Tournament. Women age 14 and old are eliigable to comepte in the Womens divsion. Ages 13 and younger can compete in the Kids Age Group divsions.

    Rules allow body strikes, takedowns and Submissions.

    We have many of the men’s brackets filled so far but are running low on the Women’s side of the event.

    Please pass the word if you know anyone interested.

    Tournament information can be located at this link: http://www.fightergirls.com

    Top

    feldmanfighter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:03 am
    Amateur Fighter

    Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:29 pm
    Posts: 85
    Location: New York City
    is there a weight bracket or will it be ‘open’ as there are not that many people registered?
    Top

    socalpankration
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:41 pm

    Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 4:01 pm
    Posts: 34
    Last tournament we split the Females into Lightweight and Heavyweight. We do the pairings after weigh in’s. There is not yet enought Female participation to make fixed weight brackets.
    Top

    Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:03 pm

    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:39 pm
    Posts: 327
    socalpankration wrote:
    Last tournament we split the Females into Lightweight and Heavyweight. We do the pairings after weigh in’s. There is not yet enought Female participation to make fixed weight brackets.
    Oh no, you don’t ever call a girl a heavyweight, especially if she can kick your ass 🙂 .
    Top

    Fierce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:22 am
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:35 pm
    Posts: 94
    Location: Oakland, CA
    Sako wrote:
    Oh no, you don’t ever call a girl a heavyweight, especially if she can kick your ass 🙂 .
    lol! 😯
    Top

    Fierce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:03 am
    Pro Fighter

    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:35 pm
    Posts: 94
    Location: Oakland, CA
    Has anyone competed in this before who can give there thoughts on the tournament? — how it is to compete under these rules, level of competition, etc.
    Top

    socalpankration
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:43 am

    Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 4:01 pm
    Posts: 34
    Sako wrote:
    socalpankration wrote:
    Last tournament we split the Females into Lightweight and Heavyweight. We do the pairings after weigh in’s. There is not yet enought Female participation to make fixed weight brackets.
    Oh no, you don’t ever call a girl a heavyweight, especially if she can kick your ass 🙂 .
    Actually, we called it Open weight last time.
    Top

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?