Opinions on mixed fighting?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Zoe
    Post subject: Opinions on mixed fighting?PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:30 pm

Does anyone do mixed fighting, and what do you think about it? I find it really hard to get fights in this area; indeed not one person said they were from the NY area here. So occasionally I take on a guy, and find its better competition and can pay better.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:54 pm

Cue the rant from Jerzey.
    (just kidding!) 🙂

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:31 am
    Pro Fighter

mixed fighting as in mixed martial arts/vale tudo/ grapplig + kickboxing?

I do! 😀 I don’t train in NY but am from Massachusetts and would travel for a fight. Is that what you are talking about?

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:12 am

Well of course mixed in terms of MMA, but here was referring to mixed as in fighting guys. You’re close. Cool. Let’s talk.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:46 am
    Pro Fighter

Fighting guys in competition? I did that a few times in grappling tournaments and was very good and challenging. I wish they would still allow it, but I can see how they wouldn’t want that to happen. Do you compete in tourney’s like Grappler’s quest or NAGA?

Executioner
    Post subject: Re: Opinions on mixed fighting?PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:17 am

Zoe wrote:
    Does anyone do mixed fighting, and what do you think about it? I find it really hard to get fights in this area; indeed not one person said they were from the NY area here. So occasionally I take on a guy, and find its better competition and can pay better.
    I did it on full contact sparring bases on kickboxing rules!
    It is great and she did learn also!
    Just in the gym, not any pro level what so ever.
    I have no problem with it, ofcourse sparring/fighting with man can be a lot easier.
    You know more what to expect!

Alex
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:43 am

I think that mixed fighting is wrong on many different levels. There should be no such thing.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:00 pm

Dear Alex…

Click on this link

The Subtle Art of Trolling
    Take notes. Good luck.

Alex
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:05 pm

Well, so far I only got angry responses. How do you think I feel?

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:12 pm

I haven’t given angry responses. I’ve given humorous responses, I think.

Given the tone of your posts, it is evident that you are wanting negative responses. You are going to a MMA website and talking shit about MMA.

1+1=?

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:12 pm

I dont have a problem with mixed fighting. You see, I am the only woman at my dojo…and the only woman who fights. My last tournament was the rocky mountain state games and I had to fight a man…which sucked since he was so much bigger and was TKD …ya had to been there..but I gave it my all and proved that I least could hang. Training with men, I have begun to fight like a man…super aggressive and I have found that it makes it easier for me to go against a woman.

The way I see it…on the mat..there is no gender.
    VooDoo

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:50 pm
    Instructor

I agree with VooDooQueen about training with men making it easier to go against women. While I’m not the only female in the class, our instructor makes sure that we work with everyone. Several of the girls in class are there for self-defense (not competition) and I think it’s important for them to train against guys.
    I’m sure how I feel about competing against guys. I suppose there’s no problem with it if you can’t find a female opponent.

Cyphn
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:07 am

Alright the way I see it, IF a woman wants to step in hey let her. I have spared with women, and fought them in open and invitational tourny’s. I have to say on the whole it gives you something different, I know both men and women that are finesse fighters.. more women, but in asian tourny’s you are going to fight people that are purly finesse fighters. They use speed and flexibility vice power. Granted I am not the fastest or strongest but I use what I find works. Sparing or training with women allows me to see something different. Granted the last dojo I did much at there were two women one a black belt whom would not spar because she was an instructor, and frankly a bit of a bitch, and one which was a purple belt.. I feel that with the later in sparing together at times it helped us both some I had to counter the fact she was a bit faster and far more flexible and she had to counter my constant style changes, and the fact I could over power her. It made her more creative in some things, realizing that it is not always strenght that dictates a fight..

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:47 pm

Sparring and training are not really the same thing as a real competitive fight. That is pretty rare and involves crossing an ancient taboo that most people are uncomfortable with. You’re kidding yourself if you think it isn’t smile; its even more so. There is an extraordinary amount of smile tension you can’t begin to imagine. The guy is putting his manhood on the line and there can be no excuses. You touch flesh and it is electric.

This isn’t for most, and I know a lot of people are uncomfortable with this so I don’t really want to get into it here but you can PM me if you want. Given the taboos I’m even a bit uncomfortable myself on reflection, but on the other hand I can’t think of anything that compares to the gut animal thrill. If you win it is just exhilarating and if you lose, well you’re just a girl.

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:55 am

Zoe…you are never just a girl. Perhaps it is who you are training with. I never feel anything smile with the men I spar with. It is all about putting it on a different level. To me, it is about the thrill of the fight ..and if I lose…I am not just a girl…I am an opponent who needed to work on something because the other person saw my weaknesses and took advantage of it.

Being just a girl mentality is detrimental ….On the mat..there is no gender. True…some men do view fighting with a female as smile due to some s&m fetishes they may have. I have yet to run into them. As a female on the mat, you have to demand the respect and show that you are just one of the boys…be all girly off the mat though..ya know..or of course you will be called a butch.
    I agree with Cyphn….no matter what your smile..if you have the balls to go fight..then do it.

VooDoo

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:31 pm

Hmm well you don’t have balls so you’re still just a girl! The point of tht is that it is less troubling than it is for a guy. Again I was pointing to a real fight as opposed to sparring.

Anystylist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:04 pm

Zoe, in your original post, you said:

[So occasionally I take on a guy, and find its better competition and can pay better.]

I’m curious about the ‘pay’ part. I didn’t think that mixed-gender matches in any combat sport were legal in either NYC or NYS–am I wrong?

Or is this an intraclub or even an underground thing? (In which case, I’d be interested in the details.)

Or is this something else entirely (e.g. videos)?

And does ‘better’ imply that fighting other women pays well? 😀 [/quote]

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:07 pm

A girl yes…but not JUST a girl. And a girl can have figurative balls…haha. Just because a man has testicles, it doesnt mean he is a man, just that he is male.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:18 pm

well at least you don’t have to worry about a shot to the balls. a crowd pleaser but unpleasant, nonetheless

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:37 pm

Take it from me…just because there is not a scrotum there, doesnt mean it doesnt hurt. We have bone there ..ok..so we dont get the 8 seconds and we’re out deal…but trust me …it hurts all the same.

VooDoo

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:36 pm

“just because there is not a scrotum there, doesnt mean it doesnt hurt”

LOL

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:29 pm

Of course it hurts; but usually such parts are off limits.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:52 am

well they weren’t offlimits in the earlier UFC’s that some fans miss so much

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:39 am

Haha ok either way is fine with me.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:48 am

zoe, what do u mean?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?