Our return from the TBA Open muay thai tournament

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Ashly
    Post subject: Our return from the TBA Open muay thai tournament Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:33 pm

Over the weekend my girlfriend (Kat Johnson) and I fought in the T.B.A. Open muay thai classic in Iowa. I fought two tough opponents and came out with a shiny new tournament title 🙂

^I’m on the right, my girlfriend is on the left, and the middle is a friend from another message board who won the 155lb men’s devision.

My first fight of the tournament vs Kara Reeder:

My fight in the finals against Kourtney McCarty (one of the girls from the first season of Fight Girl’s)

And here’s my girlfriend’s fight vs Cynthia Bomar for the women’s welterweight title:

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:46 am
    Pro Fighter

congratulations Kat & Ashley!

Great to see you both doing so well. 8)

Ashly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:56 am

Pankration_MuayThai wrote:
    congratulations Kat & Ashley!

Great to see you both doing so well. 8)
    It’s definitely been a big confidence booster for me, since my fight career has been pretty rocky up to this point. Now I’m pumped for my next fight haha

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:40 am

Good show…and trust me people…the videos don’t do it justice. This was an AWESOME event.

FightingFury44
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:21 pm

Thats excellent news right there keep up the great work. great job. Catch you guys on k-1fans.

voly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:12 am

Just watched these three videos. Definitely worthwhile – capable combatants, vigorous action and a well placed video camera. (Unimportant question: why the name T.B.A.? Connotes uncertainty.)

Unfamiliar with the format and rules of Muai Thai competition, but it seems likely the winner of a bout is (or ought to be) the fighter who delivers the most and hardest punches, knees (?) and kicks. If that’s true the officials should have had no great difficulty in determining the winner in any of the three contests – and they got it right each time.

Kat clearly possesses powerful punching ability; not surprising if Kat knocks out an opponent (even with headgrear) in the near future.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:46 am

voly wrote:
    Unimportant question: why the name T.B.A.?

Ashly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:09 pm

voly wrote:
    Just watched these three videos. Definitely worthwhile – capable combatants, vigorous action and a well placed video camera. (Unimportant question: why the name T.B.A.? Connotes uncertainty.)

Unfamiliar with the format and rules of Muai Thai competition, but it seems likely the winner of a bout is (or ought to be) the fighter who delivers the most and hardest punches, knees (?) and kicks. If that’s true the officials should have had no great difficulty in determining the winner in any of the three contests – and they got it right each time.

Kat clearly possesses powerful punching ability; not surprising if Kat knocks out an opponent (even with headgrear) in the near future.
    Thanks for the comments 🙂

GringaLoca
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:50 pm

Yeah – Ashly looked great. Her boxing skills improved greatly from when I fought her the first time. It was nice getting in the ring with you again and I wish you luck in your next fight.

Kourtney

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?