Pain Peters discusses Linda Langerak

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

starbellykeith
    Post subject: Pain Peters discusses Linda LangerakPostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:50 pm

Excerpt from Pain Peters “catch-up” on ADCC News.

KM: You are also training a couple other fighters. PP: I’m training mostly Linda (Langerak). It’s cool with a female fighter because they go a lot further. She’s doing a lot for herself, like last week she was Athlete Of the Week for some TV station. She is in the news and the paper quite a bit, really pushing herself. She’s a warrior. Really tough. Monte Cox e-mailed me and asked if she would fight Jennifer Howe on a week-and-a-half notice and she took the fight. Fought a bloody war for two rounds and just gave up. I guess her face was messed up. I wasn’t there all the way up in Alaska. I look like a horrible manager like ‘do you want to fight in Alaska against the best fighter in the world for probably not much money’ and she said ‘yeah’. She’s already training hard (for) HOOKnSHOOT now to fight Judy Neff.

KM: I heard that was her attitude, that she knew who Jennifer Howe was and who Judy Neff is and she wants to go for the throat of the division. That impressed me. PP: What impressed me is she did that and fought hard and she is thanking me for giving her the opportunity to fight somebody like somebody like Neff. That is where he boyfriend, her trainer, is giving me shit, like ‘why are you putting her in a fight like that’? (Both laugh).

KM: All I saw was corner threw in the towel after the second round. I think I saw one other fight on the internet but don’t know anything about her. What can you tell us about her? PP: Really tough. The thing is she is driven. She has that motivation. It is unreal how hard she trains. Even now we are training with this girl from my judo class who is also on the Canadian wrestling team and national judo team. She has to drive an hour to go to train with this girl for an hour and then drive an hour back so that is three hours out of her way. Also Linda works a full-time job. She is just driven and really training harder than I train for most of my fights. She puts everything into every fight she has. She is always in shape so when she fought Jennifer Howe luckily we had been sparring anyway but she is always in shape with her cardio. She is always ready.

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:00 am

This taped interview with Pain was done in a hallway outside the weigh-ins at APEX. People were flying by left and right, especially David Loiseau who twice came up and was joking with Pain in the recorder. Basically it was a chaotic situation and at times we were both thinking more about what was going on around us (or running down the hallway at us!) than what we were talking about. I’m sure given one of our normal phone call updates he would have had a more accurate response, like this description he sent by e-mail today;

“Due to a blow underneath the nose sustained in the first round that caused an unstoppable bleeding nose, the corner stopped the fight at the end of the second round.”

KM

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?