parents and family

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Rox21
    Post subject: parents and familyPostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:16 pm
    Pro Fighter

How do other fighter’s parents feel about your training?

I showed my mom my fight with Jen today because Del took a home video for me (that no one else shall see so it doesn’t hurt Jeff’s DVD sales 😛 ) and after it was done, she cried. She said that she was so proud of me, that I could pursue my passion like this. ;__; I wanted to cry myself. And my Dad was always kind of iffy about the whole thing, where he was proud but at the same time worried …he just sent me an email, too, saying how much he loved me and was proud of me. he put my name in google. com LOL. I didn’t expect that, but all right. So I’m really happy about those two things. ^_^ I told my mom I might fight in Europe, and she said “oh my god I have to hurry and go get my passport!!!!”

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:17 pm
    Pro Fighter

oh, please, roxanne, you HAVE to send me a copy! I’ll still buy the dvd. can i have a little special treatment? although, i have me tea out of my boston mug everyday now…thanks!

my parents are very supportive. my entire family was planning to come to the hooknshoot show from california & my crazies that live in indiana. my step mom doesn’t like fighting but after the clearlake MMA bout she was one of the loudest fans there. they are very proud too. nervous, but proud!

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:04 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Rox,
    That is great.

My family and friends totaly support me. Once at KOTC my step mom was giving the evil eye to a fan who was cheering for my opponant. “come on kick her ass”. If they knew my step mom, they would have chose to sit at a differnt seat. and steered way clear of her 😯

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:29 pm
    Pro Fighter

You girls are lucky – my family is totally confused as to why I’d want to go out and intentionally try to hurt someone! Although they support me and wish me well for my fights, I can tell they don’t understand it and they would never be *allowed* to come and actually watch me – a year ago i let them watch a video of one of my fights and they were not very impressed (“Anthea, you’re hurting that girl! Ow! Ow!” etc), so for the next fight I just showed them photos but they still didn’t *enjoy* that so now I just stick to telling them whether I win or lose and leave it at that… 😕

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:37 am
    Instructor

My mom doesn’t want to have anything to do with it. I think my dad wanted to come and watch my fight but Mom said “NO!”

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:57 am
    Pro Fighter

My parents are totally supportive as well. Although they don’t come to any of my fights, they love seeing the video and any photos I have. My dad has been involved in the martial arts for a long time now and owns his own karate school. When I have a fight, he always gos back to his school and tells everyone and posts pictures on the board they have. My dad tells me hes proud of me and my mom, well, I know she is but she never says it. Not her nature I guess.

My dad did come to my first mma fight but he came with like 4 other people and it was only about 2 hours from where we live. But he dont come to any of my grappling of judo fights that are only 30 mins away …. weird lol. Im kinda glade my parents dont come to my fights though cause I wouldnt really spent any time with them while I was there cause I get in a “fight mode” and dont like talking or hanging around to many people. Usually Im just in the back somewhere laying down. Big different people can tell cause Im really talkitive one day and then on fight day Im real short with people. So I think my parents would feel a little left out or at least I would feel bad for bringing them and then not really talking to them.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:18 am

This is a really good topic.

And I’m sure that the women who fight have more difficulty with this topic than the men who fight. It’s very interesting, people’s perceptions of ring fighting. It’s as though many people don’t even WANT to understand it. I’ve gotten that from my family too.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?