Personality Parade: Million Dollar Baby

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: Personality Parade: Million Dollar Baby PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:23 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

In the 3-13-05 edition of Parade Magazine in the Q&A section titled Personality Parade, there is a mention of Million Dollar Baby.

Q Doesn’t Hilary Swank’s depiction of a boxer in Million Dollar Baby promote the defeminization of women?–Mia Spengler, New York, N.Y.

A Yes-but that’s not the main reason we’re against women’s boxing. In our opinion, no matter how hard women train, their bodies are not made to withstand the brutal punishment meted out in the ring, and they are more susceptible to irreversible injuries than men. We disagree with USA Boxing’s decision to lift its ban on women in the sport in 1993.

I’ll tell you what my opinion is later. First, I wan’t to hear what the forum has to say about this.

Last edited by Mark Grassman on Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:50 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Apparently ignorant questions deserve ignorant responses from the MAGAZINE As for the answer.

I honestly think the HUMAN body may be better of not withstanding brutal punishment in the ring. However its not a gender issue.. one of the reason I love being FREE is having free will and FREE choice to use my body as I see fit.

It also shows the magazines ignorance on the punishments of boxing.

The female reproduction system is not going to be damaged. and I hardly think women’s boobies are going to be more susceptible to permanent damage then men’s groin area. if so BAN the boob job before you BAN women’s boxing. As for everything else we all have a BRAIN, a FACE, KIDNEYS, LIVERS to damage where gender is not an issue

Last edited by debi on Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:51 am
    Instructor

What a load of crap.
    Women know what they are getting into and it should be their decision. It’s no one’s business to decide if it should be “legal”.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:38 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

Rikkis response was better though LOL

what a load of crap

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:33 pm

Want to tell off Parade Magazine? Here’s how:

Write to Walter Scott, Box 5001, Grand Central Station, New York, NY, 10163-5001, or go to http://www.parade.com and click on Personality Parade to send an e-mail to Walter Scott. Please include city and state. Full name will be used unless otherwise requested. Volume of mail makes personal replies impossible.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:38 am
    Pro Fighter

Hahahaha! It’s been scientifically proven that women’s bodies are able to take more punishment and are more durable than mens! I remember leraning this specifically because I remember making a sarcastic comment about them having to be stronger because in the cave men days and the old days they were probably beaten more and needed to be stronger to protect the kids and stuff.

coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:03 am
    Pro Fighter

Who was the person who answered the question?

‘Promote the defeminisation of women’ !!!!

Isn’t it really funny that when men feel threatened by a woman it’s because she’s being ‘male’ not because she’s a strong woman.

There was one time at my club when a new lad started and said ‘I’m not going to hit a girl’ and I said you might start after I’ve hit you a few times, another lad shouted at him and said there is no gender in the gym, only fighters so get on with it. The new lad was way more ‘susceptiple to injury’ than me because he was un-trained, being male did not give him an edge over a trained female. Lads who started training at the same time as me are at the same level as me because they have had the same amount of time regardless of their size or gender.

It’s about the individual person’s commitment and natural ability not gender.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:57 am
    Pro Fighter

If women’s bodies are inferior to men’s we would not be able to withstand pregnancy or childbirth.

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: Re: Personality Parade: Million Dollar BabyPostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:50 pm

Mark Grassman wrote:
    In our opinion, no matter how hard women train, their bodies are not made to withstand the brutal punishment meted out in the ring, and they are more susceptible to irreversible injuries than men.

I’ll go along with Walter Scott’s opinion on one condition: Admit that MEN are not made to withstand punishment in the ring, either.

When bodies cannot “withstand the brutal punishment meted out in the ring”, it is typically called a knockout. DUH! 🙄

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?