Pierced Ears?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Ashly
    Post subject: Pierced Ears? Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:15 pm

Ok, so today on sort of a whim me and my girlfriend decided to get our ears pierced for the first time today.

So my question is, what are people’s experience with fighting and training with newly pierced ears? It didn’t really occur to me before we had it done that it might interfere with sparring and what not.

Any experiences or advice would be appreciated 🙂

gryfen
    Post subject: My .02:PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:39 pm

OUCH!

My mother still has a small scar from an earing being ripped out…..35 some odd years after the incident.

I would suggest holding all piercings untill a sprain or something is keeping you off the mat. I would think that there’s also a greater risk of infection.

…but maybe the more exprienced folks have newer information than I do.

Edited to add:
    I haven’t seen an introduction forum sorry if I’ve breached protocol.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:20 am
    Instructor

I’ve never trained with newly pierced ears but here’s my thoughts on it. Your ears will heal up pretty quickly but until they do you need to leave your earrings in. So I’d lay off of head shots until they heal.
    A lot of people take their earrings out when they spar. I leave mine in but I wear the kind with the hoop and ball (that connects the ends of the hoop) so there’s no post to stab me. I’ve never been in a situation where they’ve been pulled on at all. I did take them out when I fought, though…just in case. 🙂
    So all in all I would say to just be careful until they heal (about two weeks if I remember correctly) and then it’s up to you how you handle it.

FistToFace
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:01 pm
    Pro Fighter

I trained with a few new piercings. Some hurt some didnt. Depends on where you get them. You said your ear … well where on your ear? I has my upper ear dont 4 times and each time I had to take it out cause it hurt way to much during training and it would never heal. I had my eyebrow done in 2000 and i would just tape that up and it didnt bother me. Never had any other problems with any of my other piercings and training.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?