please register to vote (not as off-topic as you think)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

starbellykeith
    Post subject: please register to vote (not as off-topic as you think)PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:16 pm

It’s a little off topic unless you consider how many states still don’t have legal MMA and a change in Governors could affect that. *Governors usually apoint the heads of boxing commissions*. From a MMA point of view it’s the New York governor in two years we really want to oust and possibly Pennsylvania, Texas, and Illinois. This year is Delaware, West Virginia, Washington, Vermont, North Dakota, North Carolina, Utah, Missouri, Montana…and Indiana.

And if you live in AZ then McCain is up for re-election. McCain who spoke out so virously against MMA. To be honest I like the guy, he’s done a great job, and he deserves a lot of credit for campaign finance reform…but I wouldn’t mind if a foe of my livelihood were to get tossed out of office.

Who you vote for and what issues matter to you is your own business. I’ll respect you whether we vote for the same people or not for any reason, I just won’t respect you if you don’t vote at all. Too many people have died in other countries for this right too many of us take for granted for me to respect you if you don’t vote.

If you need assistence registering or have any questions I’d be glad to point you in the direction of non-partisan support groups.

If we are to lead the world then we need to lead by example. Please register and vote in November.

KM

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:24 am

great example of ‘single issue’ voting

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:17 pm

The rest of the issues important to me I’m not going to share in public. The only real issue that matters in public is getting people to register and vote whichever way they choose.

KM

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:23 pm

“most important issue” voting.
    Which is something that everyone does.
    We all set our own priorities.

It doesn’t really matter to me if Senator McCain wants to lower taxes in Arizona or whatever else he wants to do. He (I believe) has taken a heavily biased stand against MMA in the past and that affects me directly. There have been many articles outlining McCain’s ties with Budweiser, which is the number 1 boxing sponsor. The man is corrupt (well, perhaps they all are to a degree…but this one is more obvious).

VooDooQueen
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:49 pm

Very appropriate to post that on a women’s forum..especially since the Suffragettes put their lives and reputations on the line just so that women could vote. Many of them were tortured, tossed in jail and starved. Their husbands turned their backs on them and the law was not on their side. Of all Americans who should vote..it should be the women…so many gave so much just so that we women would have a voice…dont let it go for naught.
    VooDoo

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:11 am

This is nonsense, especially putting a great man like John McCain down on a pretty lame issue. The man is a Senator and has nothing to do with regulations in the state, which are controlled by the legislature.

We need strong people of his character to stand up against the terrorists, including the Prez. All else is secondary.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:25 am

I guess it’s just not a lame issue to me. Not at all.

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:54 pm

Zoe-I fully support your right to your opinion. I assume by your response that you are going to vote. Thank you.

BTW-McCain is the main politician credited with the UFC going off cable years ago. That is why he is on that “Smashing Machine” video. He has proposed a national boxing commission which actually I would support but MMA fans fear would have a negative affect. I mention that because this is a MMA forum but to be fair to the man he kicked ass with campaign finance reform.

VooDooQueen- 😀

Wearing my new “vote dammit” t-shirt,
    KM

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:22 am

McCaine’s position lead to the changes in UFC that allowed it to stay in existence and to succeed. If you remember, when UFC started, it was nothing more than a human smile. Once SEG was slammed by athletic commissions and politicians, it changed and then sold to a comnay that allowed the show to grow. McCaine’s stand led to changes that brought the event out from something that resembled a bad vanDamme movie

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:10 pm

I don’t think I want to see national control of anything. The federales are nothing but trouble.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:22 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

…you act..as if the ufc needed mc caine for some reason/..his work was to destroy the ufc and any event like the ufc/..but because promoters became smarter and changed the rules and made it safer ,,the ufc survived / but a hater like mc caine wanted to destroy the very thought of the ufc…i guess people forget……just like some of you have forgotten sept 11…..its funny…how people already forgot about the destruction mc veigh made on america….i hate terrorists and those that feel sympathy for them…i am republican…but this year i want to give kerry a chance to see if the democrats can combat the issues with more results….

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:50 pm

a republican for kerry – what a total dumbass

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:14 pm

fight4you-kind of a rose colored or “Fox spin” look. More like UFC persevered *depsite* McCain. It’s not like McCain was talking about changes or growing the sport, he was talking about eradicating it. It was Larry Hazzard Jr, Mike Ratner, and Lorenzo that saved us from McCain’s ban. I was covering the sport back then and nobody held the position you put forth, including at Hazzard’s rules meeting in 2001 which I attended. Stick to he is a great overall leader or his other respectable accomplishments but you should back down on this one minor issue.

For those who may not be familiar with this issue:

McCain on the federal boxing issue

From Outside The Lines press release 11/02; “In 1996, Senator John McCain embarked on a state-by-state crusade to ban ultimate fighting, and shortly thereafter the Ultimate Fighting Championship was dropped from pay-per-view TV.”

McCain 1998, ‘Unlike boxing or traditional martial arts contests, unrestricted or ultimate fighting competitions are not legitimate sporting contests. They pose a great risk of serious injury to the contestants, and present excessive brutality to the public as entertainment.’ (1997, the year before, was when UFC started changing the rules like headbutts, small joint manipulation, etc although weight classes weren’t addressed until 2001)

KM

Zoe
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:37 pm

It is embarrassing to have the creature call himself a Republican.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:47 pm

Well 1. McCain can’t ban anything and MMA/NHB is not banned. 2. McCaine is a RINO – Republican In Name Only. he is really a member of the McCain party. I hear tell, the most dangerous place on the planet is tyo be standing between McCain and a news camera

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?