pro fighter’s book-advice-poll

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Rox21
    Post subject: pro fighter’s book-advice-poll PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:14 pm
    Pro Fighter

http://www.fightergirls.com

If you were going to read a book about the life of a fightergirl in Japan, what are you most interested in (if anything?) As some of you know, I’m writing a book and I need guidance on the focus: If you could leave a comment on maybe which ones you are most interested in, and which least, that would be awesome of you.
    -sight seeing excursions
    -decription of training methods and classes and techniques
    -social interactions with people in the fight world
    -social interactions with people NOT in the fight world(friends, of course only if it’s interesting)
    -explainations about the culture/ history blurbs/notes
    -detailed or not detailed fight accounts?
    -throw in Japanese words, quote in Japanese, or just translate everything?
    -personal thoughts and feelings, or cultural comparison thoughts

Any other topics…?

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:55 pm
    Pro Fighter

I would personally be interested in the training stuff, personal interactions (both fighter and non fighter) and the culture/history stuff the most. I love the culture over there so that’s what I would be in to. I think alot of people may like to hear about the fights as well.

SURFINGGRACIE
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:20 pm

I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN WHAT MAKES YOU TICK?
    WHY DO YOU TRAIN AND COMPETE IN THE MOST DANGEROUS TYPE OF FIGHTING IN THE WORLD? WHAT DOES YOUR FAMILY THINK ON A DEEPER LEVEL ABOUT WHAT YOU DO? HOW DO YOU FEEL WHEN YOU PUNCH SOMEONE IN THE FACE? WHAT GOES THROUGH YOUR MIND DURING A FIGHT? I READ A BOOK ABOUT JACK JOHNSON AND HE DESCRIBED HIS ATTITUDE, EMOTIONS ETC. ROUND BY ROUND DURING SOME OF HIS BIG FIGHTS…INTERESTING STUFF.
    WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WIN? HOW DO YOU HANDLE DEFEAT?

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:27 pm

Unless you are writing an actual guide I think all of that is incidental to you putting together your knowledge, philosophy and humor in a way that captures the experience as you lived it. Those things will work their way in as you tell your story.

Randori
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:13 am

I would be interested in your training and your take on the culture and what you gained from it. I would want to feel like I was able to see something that I may never actually get to see myself.

BrianP
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:07 am

Here is my take: you will not be able to compete with the books on Japan and its culture…there are thousands out there. If someone wants toknow about Japan and sightseeing, they will buy a Fromers Guide and go visit.

You want it to seLL? What seels is human interest story about an interesting person involved in something the mass public does not know a lot about…..

Here is what might set you apart and makes the read interesting…basically what people dont know… 1) you are a woman who fights mma, brief history of mma? what is it? styles in mma….etc…; 2) how you decided to get inveloved, your training, commitment and sacrifices made to become a fighter; 3) the culture of mma and interesting people you have come in cantact within mma; 4) details of some fights/description, (as someone wrote above) what it feels like to get hit, armbarred, choked or what it feels like to do it to another, etc…5) then your trip to Japan and your experiences there and how the fight world is different.

Look at all the press Laura D’Auguste gets because of her interesting story of a sad and abusive past to hard training, sacrifice and now belt-holder.

A book like that will sell and then you can play yourself in the movies since you are young. 😀

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:04 am
    Instructor

I think you could probably leave out sight seeing excursions (unless there’s some connection to your training) and only include culture as it pertains to MMA. I would be interested in reading about everything else you listed.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:00 pm
    Pro Fighter

Hi Rox,

I think adding personal relationships & experiences to the training would complete the book. Readers are grabbed for two reasons:
    1.) information/neccessity
    2.) relationship with the characters
    To make it a more rounded book, go ahead and toss in some fictional story telling & take us on an adventure.

Love ya girl,

Heather

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?