problems with my wrist from training?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

k0conute
    Post subject: problems with my wrist from training? Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:00 am

I’m totally new to this whole world, everyone calls home. I just started training in kickboxing the very first week of January. I ended up getting a tattoo in Feb 8th, so I had to be out for two weeks to go through the healing process. Well I just got back into practice Thursday of last week, and this week, Monday and Tuesday. My wrist has been bothering me lately if I bend it downwards or motion it from side to side. It doesn’t look swollen or anything and doesn’t hurt too much. Is there anything I can do to help improve the condition of my wrist? Should I ice it or?… I have no idea. I’m totally new to this and came upon this website looking for female support. The place I train at is predominantly guys, but there are some females that come in and train, but only one that competes. THANKS A LOT!

piranha
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:18 am

if it’s just stiff or a little sore, then you probably just have weak wrists. I would just do some wrist strengthing exercises like take a wiffle bat & hold it out, flick your wrist back from side to side, both direction, circles, etc….you can also tie a weight to a rope with a bar across the top and roll it up, that will help too

k0conute
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:18 am

😀 oh wow someone actually replied to my post instead of just reading it hahaha… THANKS A LOT!!!! I will do that over the weekend. The guys have a little smoker on Saturday, so not much intense training is going to be going on today or tomorrow…..I can still do regular stuff but it is just a little stiff and sore, so you are probably right. THANK YOU IT HELPS A LOT!!!!!!

chloe7046
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:22 am

you need to get wrist/hand wraps for when you’re hittin mits, pads, or the bags…you can buy them at any sporting goods store in the boxing section…just loop them around your hand a bit but really focus on covering your wrist really well…it will provide stability for the joint and allow you to build the strength you need without acquiring injury.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?