Results from show in washington???

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

abuckner
    Post subject: Results from show in washington??? PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:28 pm
    Pro Fighter

Anyone have any results of the womens fights from that show that was in Washington tonight?

combatchaz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:55 pm

I had 3 girls compete in that event, Sally Krumdiak (kickboxing), Emma Nielsen(kickboxing), and Angela Restad.(MMA) all Three girls won their fights. Also Cami Hostetler from our sister gym in Arlington fought in the main event, she lost to a girl from the Lion’s den in Idaho. Tara Larosa did an exabition grappling match against a guy, and is was quite the crowd pleaser, Tara lost on points 4-2. Simon Posner’s wife had a great match and won in the second. I’m soory I dont have anymore of the girl’s names.
    -chaz

Anthony Hamlett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:46 am

Sally Krumdiack over Kitty Roberts DEC 3 rds Kickboxing

Kyle McCarron over Tara Larosa 4-2 submission wrestling

Liz Posner over Misha Tate (Tate doesn’t come out for 3rd)

Emma Bush over Asly Altman DEC 3rds Kickboxing

Angela Reestad over Katherine Johnson tapout 2 min 1st rd

Elisha Huggard over Camy Hostetler TKO 2min 3rd RD

There was also 3 guys fights on this card!

combatchaz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:12 am

Here’s a link to an article I wrote on the girls matches:

http://www.fightergirls.com

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Thanx for the write-up

Last edited by KhorneliusPraxx on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:05 pm

It was a good a show. Good fights from the little bit I could see (spent most of my time in the warmup room).

I got the everloving crap kicked out of me by Emma… big, big, strong girl. That’s what I get for giving up 10lbs. Wish I woulda knew we weren’t gonna be using shinguards for the match, though. I’ll be hobbling around for the rest of the week and probably won’t be kicking anything for a few weeks (my leg is all jacked up and been giving me a fair bit of pain since the fight).

Angela is a damn tough chick. I know those shots from Kat were HARD. She’s got some killer flexibility too, Kat had her totally folded and had her head pressed tight and she STILL managed to get her leg around.

It was fun and I hope Hamlet has us back to fight in one of his shows again.

Ashly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:14 pm

combatchaz wrote:
    Here’s a link to an article I wrote on the girls matches:

man, I hope Emma wasn’t sore about me popping her when she tried to touch gloves with me. I don’t spar that way (in fact, my boxing coach yelled at me for touching gloves once so I’ve never done it again) so I’m not used to that. Plus my game plan was to rush out and pop her with the right hand right away instead of hang back like I usually do, so I didn’t even notice her outstretched glove.

After watching the video I noticed that’s what happened and felt pretty bad. Sorry Emma! (she got her revenge at least lol)

combatchaz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:37 pm

Ashley, no worries – Emma should have been ready for it! Do you have any future fights planned?

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:53 pm
    less internet

Last edited by AnnaTrocity on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

combatchaz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:55 pm

The best of luck to the both of you!!

also, are you gals, http://www.fightergirls.com members?

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:56 pm
    less internet

Last edited by AnnaTrocity on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

combatchaz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:13 pm

atta girl!

good to have you aboard, and thanks for the vid!

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:31 pm
    less internet

Last edited by AnnaTrocity on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:21 am

Kat,
    hindsight is indeed 20/20…

If there ever is a rematch, and you end up in the same situation, with Angela on her back and you standing, don’t press the fight. Back up and motion for her to stand up. Then, of course, you could throw more bombs.

Oh, and touch gloves before going apeshit next time. The fans will turn on you quick if they think you are just being an ass. Start sporting and end sporting…save the fight for between the glove touch and the submission.

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:46 am
    less internet

Last edited by AnnaTrocity on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:50 am
    less internet

Last edited by AnnaTrocity on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

combatchaz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:44 am

We’ve hosted a PRIDE Amatuer event before (actually the 1st one) and the rules dont allow stomps, heel hooks, upkicks, or knees to head standing, kicks to the legs of a downed opponent weren’t allowed either. 🙁

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:26 am
    Instructor

The Kentucky Fighting Challenge held one event with Pride rules. One of the early fights ended with a knockout via knee to the head and the guy left on a stretcher. They decided never to do it again.

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:39 am
    less internet

Last edited by AnnaTrocity on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:50 am
    Instructor

On the ground.

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:16 am
    less internet

Last edited by AnnaTrocity on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: wenatchee fightsPostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:29 am
    Pro Fighter

Hi everyone,

I had a great time fighting on the show. It was my first MMA fight. It was great to meet all of you.

Anna, is there any chance that you got my fight taped? I was in the second girl fight wearing red sprawl shorts.

I’m waiting for the DVD from Hamlett but I know that he’s really busy so it may be awhile.

If anyone hears of possible fights coming up please let me know. I’d like to fight at 140 lbs next time.

Thanks, Liz.

combatchaz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:31 am

no knees to the head at anythime – just to celar up the PRIDE amatuer rules

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:34 am
    Instructor

Quote:
    The risk of injury just seems like something you accept when you sign up.

Yes, you do. BUT….there is a greater chance for (possibly greater) injury with Pride rules and we are talking about amateur fights. Is it really worth that risk when you aren’t even getting paid?

Ashly
    Post subject: Re: wenatchee fightsPostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:35 am

Pankration_MuayThai wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I had a great time fighting on the show. It was my first MMA fight. It was great to meet all of you.

Anna, is there any chance that you got my fight taped? I was in the second girl fight wearing red sprawl shorts.

I’m waiting for the DVD from Hamlett but I know that he’s really busy so it may be awhile.

If anyone hears of possible fights coming up please let me know. I’d like to fight at 140 lbs next time.

Thanks, Liz.

Hiya Liz, it was cool meeting you on Saturday. Sorry, we didn’t get your fight filmed. Hope Hamlet comes out with the DVD soon, I’m really eager to watch all the fights (I only caught the last bit of your fight, Tara’s match, and the end of the first girl fight).

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:43 am
    Pro Fighter

Thanks Ashley. I had such a great time. I can’t wait to fight again. I’ll probably do a muay thai match next weekend.

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:43 am
    less internet

Last edited by AnnaTrocity on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:48 am
    less internet

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:49 am
    Instructor

Quote:
    I’d have no issues doing full PRIDE rules in an amateur match.

But a lot of people do.

What advantage does the promoter get for doing full Pride rules? People are going to come and watch either way. Fighters who would like to compete with the full rules are going to fight either way. But fighters that don’t want to compete with those rules are not going to.

Ashly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:56 am

Pankration_MuayThai wrote:
    Thanks Ashley. I had such a great time. I can’t wait to fight again. I’ll probably do a muay thai match next weekend.

Good luck on the thai match! It’ll probably be at least a month before I’m ready to fight again 🙁

BrianP
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:58 am

Quick question. I saw the ‘fight bill’ or poster announcing the fight. is the woman in the red outfit one of the fighters?

Im curious because, atleast from what I saw, 1) there was no name of that fighter on the poster; 2) if it is not a fighter it is nice to see they have a model who looks fit and like a fighter and 3) she is a hottie, haha.

AnnaTrocity
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:05 pm
    less internet

Last edited by AnnaTrocity on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:03 pm
    Instructor

BrianP wrote:
    Quick question. I saw the ‘fight bill’ or poster announcing the fight. is the woman in the red outfit one of the fighters?

Im curious because, atleast from what I saw, 1) there was no name of that fighter on the poster; 2) if it is not a fighter it is nice to see they have a model who looks fit and like a fighter and 3) she is a hottie, haha.

The woman on the poster is Ginelle Marquez. She is a fighter but was not fighting on that show.

Quote:
    True, no disagreement there. I suppose i’d just like to do a PRIDE rules match and would like to find someone who’s putting one on and I’m a little disappointed that they’re hard to find. Like you said, i’ll continue fighting regardless but I’d still prefer the most open ruleset I can get.

Nothing wrong with that.

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:24 am
    Pro Fighter

I was happy with the rules that we fought. It was my first MMA match, and she was bloody enough. I’m not so comfortable with that when there hasn’t been blood testing.

I’d like to fight with elbows one day, but don’t feel ready for it.

KhorneliusPraxx
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:04 am

Rikki wrote:
    The woman on the poster is Ginelle Marquez. She is a fighter but was not fighting on that show.

1) She is a bad ass!
    2) She is one of my favorite fighters!
    3) She has warned me…if she catches me in Washington, she will kick my ass!
    😈

Anthony Hamlett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:49 pm

The news paper was there to cover the event and gave us a great writeup. I will bring a copy to Chaz tonight at his gym and maybe he can post it.

I hope all the fighters were treated the way I would want to be treated not only by me but by my fans at my show. I have been doing shows there for almost 4 yrs now and they are a pretty good crowd.

As soon as I get the DVD I will get it out to all your gals!

Thanks again to all the fighters that made the long trip to that tiny town!

Debi Purcell
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:03 pm

Congrats Hamme

I think its great the show turned out. E-mail me K

Deb

Ashly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:26 pm

Anthony Hamlett wrote:
    The news paper was there to cover the event and gave us a great writeup. I will bring a copy to Chaz tonight at his gym and maybe he can post it.

I hope all the fighters were treated the way I would want to be treated not only by me but by my fans at my show. I have been doing shows there for almost 4 yrs now and they are a pretty good crowd.

As soon as I get the DVD I will get it out to all your gals!

Thanks again to all the fighters that made the long trip to that tiny town!

I had a great time and I really enjoyed being in the show. Hope me and Kat get a chance to fight out there again some time.

Anthony Hamlett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:08 am

The girl on the poster was Genel Marquez one of our fighters. She didn’t fight on the card. She has been injured.

combatchaz
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:24 pm

Here’s a link to the pic’s from a newspaper story done on the fights. it’s in a forum so scroll down to look at it:

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:03 pm

AnnaTrocity wrote:
    Hmm, i’m not really sure how i feel about scrapping the whole idea over one injury. The risk of injury just seems like something you accept when you sign up.

I’d like to see more matches done under real PRIDE rules to see if they’re really that much more dangerous or if it was just a one time thing. While kneeing someone in the head on the ground is certainly brutal and apt to hurt I dont really think it’s paticularly more vicious then kneeing someone in the face while standing up.

Well, have one graphic fatality or serious permanent injury in a MMA event and you’ll think the multi-state bans of MMA in the 90s were a picnic – particularly if it is a female event. Step out of the fightclub view and see it from the larger society perspective and imagine the response. Come the first death, MMA will be doing the John McCain Polka and Spike TV will be airing infomercials all day. “Safe and sane” are good words to live by particularly for non-pros.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?