Results on my Aug 31st fight

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Erin T
    Post subject: Results on my Aug 31st fight Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:31 pm
    Pro Fighter

So, I just wanted to let some of my friends and fans know what’s going on: there is some controversy with the rematch fight I had tonight. Several managers and trainers complained about the ropes around the ring being too “loose”. Unfortunately, our team had never come across ropes being too “loose” so we didn’t think to check them.

As for me, I was on the end of the controversial “loose ropes”. In the first round, Laura hit me with a nice overhand right, and as I blocked it in the corner – I FELL through the ropes. According to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, any fighter who “falls” through the ropes is required to be given 18 seconds to return to the ring unassisted. The ref called the fight off with in THREE seconds after falling though the ropes.

My manager (a former state athletic commissioner) along with my team and several other credible witnesses (ring side doctor, 3 photographers, and and an official with the WBC) are going to be disputing the results and soon we should have a no contest. As for now, it is considered a loss by TKO. We spoke to our opponents trainer after the fight to let him know what we were doing. He had absolutely no problem and AGREED that the ropes were too loose. 3 other fighters that night almost had the same mishap.

All I can say is it that I hope a fair decision comes out of this and we will have our rubber match. I’m confused and it’s hard either way you cut it. We will have the results with in 7-10 days. Thanks 🙂

erin

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:44 am

You have a reasonable case.

“1. An unarmed combatant who has been knocked or has fallen through the ropes and over the edge of the ring platform during a contest or exhibition:

(a) May be helped back by anyone except his seconds or manager; and

(b) Will be given 20 seconds to return to the ring.

2. An unarmed combatant who has been knocked or has fallen on the ring platform outside the ropes, but not over the edge of the ring platform:

(a) May not be helped back by anyone, including, without limitation, his seconds or manager; and

(b) Will be given 10 seconds to regain his feet and get back into the ring.

3. If the seconds or manager of the unarmed combatant who has been knocked or has fallen pursuant to subsections 1 and 2 helps the unarmed combatant back into the ring, such help may be cause for disqualification.

4. When one unarmed combatant has fallen through the ropes, the other unarmed combatant shall retire to the farthest corner and stay there until ordered to continue the contest or exhibition by the referee.

5. An unarmed combatant who deliberately wrestles or throws an opponent from the ring, or who hits him when he is partly out of the ring and is prevented by the ropes from assuming a position of defense, may be penalized.”

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:50 pm
    Pro Fighter

here’s a write up someone did w/ some nice pics…

BrawlerBitch
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:14 am

It must be so frustrating for it to have turned out this way & not been able to get a good fight in.

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:11 am

Interesting pictures. It looks like you fell out of the ring onto a knife.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?