ROXY WINS AGAIN!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

greatlaughter
    Post subject: ROXY WINS AGAIN! PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:20 pm
    Pro Fighter

WEll hell’s bells!

I wish I could see how this all played out. Damnit.

H

Tim Osborne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:46 pm

WOW!! Congrats Roxy!!

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:57 am

Great fight! You’ll see photos (like 100 of them!) when I get home tomorrow.

KM

kneesandelbows
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:05 am

Oh my god I am so proud of her.

Triangle choke rd 3 I believe.

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:21 am

http://www.fightergirls.com

hasn’t posted the results with the pic from the end of round 2. Can’t post from road.

Still on the road,
    KM

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:02 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

lmao at hell bells

Congrats Rox way to go. Rox said it was a battle can not wait to see pics

bilar
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:16 am

I have got to strongly disagree with much of what has been said on this forum about the results of the Roxy and Jen’s fight. To read this forum, you’d think the headline would be Jen Howe loses, instead of Roxanne Mod…. wins. I’ll be brief.

1. It is terribly disrespectful to both fighters for members of the press toy to report a rumor. You don’t go on a public forum especially under the umbrella of the working press and throw out a rumor, that Howe was not mentally focused. I know if this was said about Erin Toughill, she would jump on you, and so would a lot of others and justifiably so. Howe has a lot of responsibilities. That is her life. Just as much as Olga’s strength is a part of her fight game, and Angela Rested’s perserverance is part of her fight game. You can’t divorce it and play the what if card. It’s who she is, and impacts her fighting ability. Furthermore, how slow a learner are you guys? Roxanne beat Jennifer the first fight, and then beat her again. She was the better fighter period. It doesn’t take anything away from Jennifer. She’s terrific.

2. Secondly, what you’ve done in the past doesn’t have anything to do with the present. If you beat the best fighter, then you are the best fighter. Taking what’s been said on the forum to its ridiculous conclusion, Rocky Marciano would still be considered the best fighter around. Look at what he accomplished, no beat him, and think about what he did for the sport. The problem is, he’s been dead for decades. When you stand across the ring/cage from someone, you aren’t fighting their reputation, your not fighting their past. You are fighting that person at that moment in time. That’s why its so pure a sport., even with all its faults, Roxanne must be considered the number one fighter at 135 right now. That’s not to say she would be favored in a fight with Debi Purcell, but she has earned the right to be called the top dog.

3. It is disheartening to hear all the so called experts, twist, mold and alter the truth to fit the outcome of the fight to conform to how they thought it was going to come out. Roxy won. You were wrong. And that’s enough. Jennifer Howe had the same number of kids, and the same responsibilities when she fought the other dozen or so times. With so few fighters out there, and even fewer common opponents, its nearly impossible to say who would win a certain matchup. But when the results happen, don’t shade and try to somehow reconcile it with what you thought would happen. Hey Jennifer Howe is a great fighter, and should be recognized as such. Losing a fight doesn’t in some way make that less valid a statement, and only the ill informed would think it did. I tell my sons all the time, in life, you’re going to lose far more than you when. That’s just a fact of life. Don’t make excuses, deal with it.

4. Let’s congratulate Roxy. Terrific job. and Jennifer, you’re a great fighter. That’s really all that it comes down to. That and I would listen to Scarce if I were a fighter girl. Dude must know his stuff.

5. Talk amongst yourselves, I’m outtie 5000.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:35 am
    Pro Fighter

Whoa, Where did THAT come from? Did anyone trash talk wither Roxy or Jen? I think you’ll find only support on this forum for both.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:39 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

I have to agree,

we support BOTH fighters on this board 100%. very confused at your post

Debi

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:53 pm
    Pro Fighter

Add me to the confused list 😕

Anyway, just wanted to congratulate you Roxy and I hope you’re enjoying a big pigout 😀

Anthea

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:36 pm

deleted.

Last edited by starbellykeith on Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:40 pm

deleted.

Last edited by starbellykeith on Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:46 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’m confused by bilar’s post, too. I think bilar feels that people are saying “oh my god she LOST!!” and focusing on that too much? I think that reaction is expected since she’s won all her fights in the past. I don’t think anyone is being disrespectful at all. 🙁 But I guess we’ll try and be more aware of it from now on?

It was an AMAZING fight. I have a huge black eye lol, and I was really impressed with myself and with Jen, too. Thanks to everyone for the nice words and support!

Keith- I’m REALLY looking forward to pictures! 🙂 I totally didn’t see you at the event!!

Oh, and I TOTALLY wore the fightergirls’ shirt when I was entering the cage! 🙂 🙂 :)!!

Last edited by Rox21 on Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:02 pm

Roxi-I tried to make eye contact but keep a low profile unless approached. Had on red University of Maryland sweatshirt, leather vest with FCF patch/white paint Rorschach print from Watchmen, and “chinstrap” beard. At rules meeting I was standing in front of Amanda and around the referees (was waiting on fight card so was following them around). Ringside I was in-between broadcast table and Commissioner’s table. When you were wearing the belts at end of fight I was the one leaning over the gate with a camera. I thought you woould recognize me from my days covering you in grappling.

Photos going out now.

KM

bilar
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:32 pm

Yikes,

While I thought this might stir up a difference of opinion, I didn’t think it would get quite as emotional.

My specific point was, that in athletic events someone wins and someone loses and sometimes its that simple. There are no underlying reasons, it just happens. And when you beat the best, you become the best.

Now starbelly, that wasn’t very nice. I’ve defended you in the past, and will probably do so in the future. But this is a forum where people give their opinons, and that was mine. Dude, I was a tv reporter for 6 years and a photographer for 8 you got to get thicker skin than that. I didn’t even specifically allude to you.

And to anyone else confused by my messages, you can pm me and I’ll explain. I don’t think there’s a bias on the board. I just think sometimes in sports people look for complicated answers when the simple are right in front.

I don’t to get into any kind of controversy, this is Roxy’s thread and I don’t want to take away from it. Congratulations to both fighters.

Both represent the sport well.

Whew, I hope that clears things up. No hard feelings.

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:51 pm

“Truce”. We need each other to conquer the world so I’ll be the first to back down.

Since I don’t see anybody else doing what I’m doing I see red when categoried in with the “tourists”.

Seriously, I have a deadline crunch hitting right in four countries right now so have to run. I sent Debi, Roxi, and Jennifer some shots, hopefully they can get posted around here.

KM

ixion
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:10 am

Wonderful job Roxy. You are one of the most technically gifted fighters I’ve seen. Hope video footage of the fight comes out soon. Keep kicking butt, girl.

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:55 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

wow…rox with the triangle..

ah yes..

when you wear out the other..

the triangle is the key…

they are both great fighters//
    …..but rox had me as her coach,,,(((((((((((LOL))))))))))))**

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:58 pm
    Pro Fighter

actually scarce, most of what you said was acurate. I read it sunday night and laughed. ^_^ except she was actually blocking something I wanted to do by putting her back against the cage. my coach was telling me to go to the center of the ring because she could use the cage better. he was right. when I tried to pin her into the cage, she just stood up. She was def. more experienced with it. But I shall improve!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:06 pm
    Pro Fighter

Kirik Jenness (coach) and I in the lockerroom after the fights.

This finally worked, omg. I’ll post a few more keith took later…

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:47 pm
    Pro Fighter

Keith, let me know if I posted ones you didn’t want me posting.

Hello black eye!

She toughed it out until the end of the round. omo plata + wrist lock. I couldn’t believe it. I was so confused.

Last edited by Rox21 on Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthea
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:52 pm
    Pro Fighter

LOL in the top one you look like your’e going to fall over with the weight of all those belts on you 😆

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:56 pm
    Pro Fighter

Anthea, I almost did, actually. Both of those together are like 20-30 lbs. When they put them on me in the ring I was dizzy and swaying and had to hold onto somebody, lol. I’m still working on posting pics, but myspace is being difficult.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:16 pm
    Instructor

That last pic is great!

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:25 pm
    Pro Fighter

CONGRATU-FREAKIN-LATIONS ROXY!

I am SOOOO proud of you! I wish I could have been there. Details, woman, DETAILS! SO the fight went to the 3rd round huh? Must have been a really good fight. Any post-fight comments or your feelings on the whole thing Rox? I know Jen probably doesn’t have too much time to come on here, but I would be interested in finding out her post-fight thoughts as well – Heather, another interview maybe?

Jen is an awsome fighter, and she has really done a lot for the sport – but Roxy girl – I take my hat off to you (if I wore one that is!)

So now the questions everyone wants to know – WHO’S NEXT!!!!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:16 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thanks Molly! Great to hear from you! I’m not going to say too much because the whole thing is kind of foggy. You know how fights are…you think you got it down, and then when you rewatch the fight you realize you forgot half of what happened.

It was a really tough fight. I laugh at some of the pictures when Jen and I have our fists shoved into each other’s faces. Like, I can’t believe I was actually doing that, you know? I was really surprised that I could stand with her as well as I did. She backed me up, I backed her up, stuff happened, I dunno. I improved vastly from my December fights to now. I worked a lot from the clinch, and entries and head movement, and I think it showed. I got some good knees in, and she got some knees in, too. She landed a few good body shots, I think I got a few. I threw a hook and an uppercut and I totally forgot what became of them! She got a lot of solid shots on my face, and I remember her sort of controlling the plum at one point and landing…I think like two swinging uppers? on my left cheek. I was impressed with that. Jen also sprawled so much better than the last time we fought and stuffed a bunch of my take down attempts. You could tell she studied our last fight. I’m just so honored to have fought a fighter of her caliber.

Also, how the HELL did she last through that omo plata attempt I had? I have no idea…I want to know if her arm and wrist are really okay. I know I kind of had the position not perfect, but omg what a warrior. I really wanted that submission and she hung out for like a minute with me slowly cranking it forward until the round ran out.

Who’s next? LAURA D’AUGUST march 19th! I’m SO pumped! 😀 oh man! Ring of Combat!
    http://ringofcombat.com/
    The site lies, though…it’s not in Elizabeth, NJ. they have to move it. not sure where yet…

scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:54 pm

congrats rox/

your coach made the right moves/

i thought she would be too strong for you

thats why i mentioned the cage/

great that you won/ your coach knows your strength

and weakness..me…all i know how to do is eat wheaties

read the newspaper, and drive from the back seat….

(((((((((((((((((LOL))))))))))))))))))***

Olga
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:43 pm

Awsome, Congratulations Roxy!!!

Must have been a great fight.

Olga 🙂

rebekah
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:45 am

Congratulations on your win Rox.

I am excited to hear about your next opponent! D’August is another real tough competitor. Is this for another belt?

Rox21 wrote:
    Who’s next? LAURA D’AUGUST march 19th! I’m SO pumped! 😀 oh man! Ring of Combat!

The site lies, though…it’s not in Elizabeth, NJ. they have to move it. not sure where yet…

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:10 am

So, Roxi gets two belts for winning: one from the IFC, and the other from the ISKA. Is that right? 😕 Is it because the IFC people are the same ones behind ISKA/MMA, and that’s why the promoter had to buy two friggin belts ❓

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:05 pm
    Pro Fighter

Mark,
    I’m not sure WHY there’s two belts.
    Rebekah, Thanks! Yeah I know Laura’s tough! it is for a belt! The ring of combat belt…and I’m super irritated that we don’t know where it’s going to be. The venue Ring of C. was going to use went bankrupt and CLOSED, so like…I dont’ want that to hurt ticket sales. Like, how can they advertize the fights now? “YES COME SEE our amaaaazing night of NHB action, Ring of combat! Held at …wait we haven’t decided yet, but come anyway!”

🙁

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:25 am

Paul Smith is the President of IFC and ISKA. ISKA is the sanctioning body, IFC is the promotion. Monte of Team Extreme and Extreme Challenge fame was the local promoter of this last show.

Roxi won both the IFC and ISKA *World* Middleweight belts. Amanda Buckner is the IFC Women’s *US* Middleweight Champion and Jaqueline Andrade is the IFC Women’s *Light Heavyweight America’s* Champion.

This means that other shows ISKA sanctions such as WEC can hold a bout for the ISKA belt but only the IFC can hold a bout for the IFC belt. Basically this means Roxi can defend the ISKA belt in WEC, the IFC she will have to return to IFC or vacate it. I’m not aware of ISKA sanctioning anybody else besides WEC but that might change.

By having two belts it leaves more options, such as if Roxi fights for instance Buckner in WEC and loses she would still retain the IFC belt to defend against someone else. Realistically I doubt WEC will have another women’s bout anytime soon. Chances are higher ISKA will sanction somebody else that is open to women’s fights.

KM

holddown
    Post subject: picsPostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:01 am

hey keith where are the 100s of pics. waiting. waiting.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:35 am
    Pro Fighter

I know…I’m dying! But he’s a busy busy man with deadlines and stuff 🙂

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:40 pm

Roxi girl… congratulations! I heard it was a terrific fight and had all the elements of a classic. So much to tell ya, I’ll give ya a call. Great job, she hits pretty dern good huh! LMAO! fANTASTIC!

😀 😀 8)

holddown
    Post subject: pics when!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:13 pm

keith you said you had hundreds. any estimate when the rest of the world will see them??????????????????

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?