Satoko Shinashi returning to Smackgirl!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Sudoraba
    Post subject: Satoko Shinashi returning to Smackgirl! PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:07 am

Satoko Shinashi is the 2002 Japan Cup tournament winner of Smackgirl. The last two years Shinashi has spent fighting in DEEP and Shooto, now she is gearing up to return to Smackgirl to take the first ever lightweight championship.

http://www.fightergirls.com

Quote:

It’s been over two years since Satoko Shinashi fought in the Smack Girl show.
    On October 6th, Smack Girl held a press conference and announced that the undefeated “Queen of Lightweights” in Japanese womens MMA, Shinashi, will be fighting Naoko Ohmuro in their November show at Korakuen Hall.
    This bout will decide the very first Smack Girl Lightweight Champion. (48 kg / 105.84 lbs & Under)

Satoko Shinashi (right) with her opponent, Naoko Ohmuro, at the press conference.

Shinashi fought Ohmura once in January of 2004, in the DEEP 13th Impact show and Shinashi kept on attacking and controlling the entire bout, winning by decision.
    However, Ohmuro since then has gained experience fighting many MMA bouts in Smack Girl and Cross-Section shows. Not only have her grappling skills improved, but her striking skills have improved tremendously, so this time we can expect an even match from these two fighters.

In addition, Smack Girl has its famous 30 seconds limit on the ground rules. Shinashi believes, “It’s been a while since I fought under in this 30 seconds limit on the ground rules so I will practice to respond to these rules, but I don’t want to be too cautious about it.” On the other side, Ohmuro was very analytical, “In a bout where there is no time limit on the ground, once the opponent gets her rhythm then I would ended up just defending but with these rules, I just have to have a solid defense for 30 seconds, and then I will be back in the standing position so for me, it is a good rule.”

Caol Uno, who is always on Ohmuro’s corner, has fought under similar rules (30 seconds limit on the ground vs. Chandet Sorpantrey) in K-1 so Ohmuro thinks, “The advice I will get from Uno-san would be coming from his actual experience.”

However, at the end, Shinashi also told the media about her other objective besides going for the title in this bout, “I want to show in this fight against Naoko that I am not even close to those who just began training in MMA a little over a year or two.”

(10/10/2005)

Smack Girl 2005 The Anniversary for the Lightweight
    November 19th, 2005
    At Korakuen Hall
    Door Open: 18:00
    Fights Start: 18:30

Confirmed cards:

Smack Girl Lightweight Title Bout SGS Rules 5 min / 3R

Satoko Shinashi (Japan / Freelance) vs. Naoko Ohmuro (Japan / Wajiu-tsu Keishu-kai Tokyo Headquarters)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?