Saving Face!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Julliette
    Post subject: Saving Face! Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:13 am

I’ve really upped my workouts lately, and even though my body/mind loves it my face has been protesting with breakouts. I make sure to wash my face ASAP after training, but it doesn’t seem to be doing any good.
    I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for good, (or GREAT) blemish control stuff?

feldmanfighter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:32 am
    Amateur Fighter

Yeah… its the dirty mats and other people in there greasing everything up.

Best thing I think is don’t wait till you get home to wash..bring soap and stuff with you to the gym.

Or just use the pimples as a reminder of how hard you’re training and smile at them when you look in the mirror… they’re just temporary!

Julliette
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:39 am

feldmanfighter wrote:
    Or just use the pimples as a reminder of how hard you’re training and smile at them when you look in the mirror… they’re just temporary!
    That’s definitely a healthy way to look at it! 🙂 Maybe I just need to use a stronger ‘after gym’ cleanser.

BrianNYC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:04 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

A couple of things that I have learned:

Before you shower after your training, cool down first. I have found that if I shower and get dressed right away, my body is still hot and I continue to sweat a little …leading to breakouts.

Be sure to drink enough water.

With additional training and ramping up the intensity, you tend to up your calorie intake…watch what you eat. continue to eat clean and healthy food. higher intensity training used to make me binge on crap food bc my body would be screaming for more fuel. the ol’ whey protein shakes makes for a good 4th or 5th meal….better than taco bell, haha

With additional training you are also raising the level of certain hormones that may lead to breakouts. Nothing you can do about that….

Im too old to get breakouts, but when I did, I usually felt so good from the higher intensity and so focused on it, I didnt really mind the breakouts.

Best of luck and keep training hard.

njk123
    Post subject: Cleanser and BreakoutsPostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:38 pm

I have the same problem. Like a previous poster said drink lots of water and make sure there aren’t any diet offenders.

As for a cleanser, stick with something soap free. Many soap products are too harsh for acne prone skin and definitely do not use anything with apricot in it and limit any scrubs or abrasive cloths. Blot your face with a soft towel when you dry off. You should only exfoliate once per week. Also get a toner and oil free moisturizer for after you cleanse. The toner will help cleanse the pores and for many who are acne prone, the breakouts tend to be worse when the skin dries out too much -so therefore the moisturizer.

Products that have worked for me are:
    Cleanser – La Roche-Posay Effaclar (I buy this brand )
    Toner – La Roche-Posay Effaclar
    Moisturizer – Nivea with 15 SPF

For a acne spot treatment, I love the stuff that Origins sells and it seems to work very well. Origins also has a great mask that I use once a week called “Out of Trouble” that’s made for acne prone skin.

Many other people I know have had great success with Proactive. It might be worth a try.

BrawlerBitch
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:15 am

I cary wipes that I get at Walmart in the acne section

on pad has “Benzoyl Peroxide” in it

and the other has “Salysilic Acid” in it.

I was often, but when I’m on the go I use the pads to treat my skin & it’s a way to get rid of any blemishes fast!

Julliette
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:30 am

Thank you for all of the great advice!

I picked up some Oil of Olay self foaming cleansing pads for right after my workouts, and then follow up with my regular regimine when I get home. It’s been helping a lot!

Also, I found a skin refresher that’s been great for daily use in the AM. (Shisiedo Pureness Oil Control refresher) I use it after my regular toner, and then moisturize over it. So far, I’ve been clearing up.

I’ll have to check out the other products you guys mentioned.

I never even thought about how what I was eating was affecting me. I’ve been stopping for a vanilla shake a couple times a week after the gym. Switching to a protein shake is definitely the better choice. 🙂

Again, thank you all for the advice!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?