Showtime fights

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

chad
    Post subject: Showtime fights Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:43 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

I was thinking it was going good then the final match and head liner was totally crap….. If i was to have paid for it to watch this I would have been bummed out…. I feel Gracie faked to get out of the fight with frank!

Julie and Gina did a nice job!

I guess the 100k or more that Gracie made he can get a neck rub!!!

your thoughts??

Chad
    Last edited by chad on Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:31 pm
    Pro Fighter

Good for Gracie! Frank should not have tried to use an illegal technique to escape the side mounted position he was in.(I think he did it on purpose to be stood up) I don’t think that Gracie was “that” hurt by the knees, but in no way should Frank have been rewarded for breaking the rules, by ending back up on their feet after the point was taken and recovery time given, had it not been stopped.

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:00 am

Even if he exaggerated it what would you do if you are in there with somebody who is grossly breaking the rules and doesn’t care? From listening to Frank afterwards he had no respect for the rules and felt justified using any tactic because Renzo was out-wrestling him.

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:46 am
    Pro Fighter

I’m sort of a Frank fan and I think his comments were dumb. “I came to fight…..” yeah well, next time Renzo should start dropping some Herring style knees to his head from the top position and then say “I came here to fight, I guess I’m just old school…..” I can understand if you say, “I lost my head,” or something along those lines, but to try to justify a blatant and intentional breaking of the rules TWICE by playing tough is ridiculous.

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:12 am
    Pro Fighter

I though the contrast between pre-fight and post fight Frank was hilarious! Before the fight he was all about finding his balance and centering himself, etc. Afterwards he sounded like a macho redneck.

Warrior are you posting from Costa? (Or are you just leaving today?)
    Either way good luck.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:20 am

I was talking to some people about the fight and franks comments… Most say that this is the way they get the more press and a bigger show.. I guess it is like WWF were the acting and the threats make a better rematch..

Chad

FightingFury44
    Post subject: Julie and GinaPostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:33 pm

Julie and Gina

there fight is up in the video sectiong as of now enjoy every one.

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:01 am

Since most of this sems to be about Gracie/Shamrock I’ll add my two cents as such.

I really wasn’t looking forward to the main event in the first place. Seven years ago it would have been headline news, now it is an IFL fight or actually more like a Rolling Stones reunion tour. Frank’s fouls only added insult to injury. I can understand most of the top fighters are locked up in other shows but spread the hype around the card a little!

The rest of the card however more than made up for it.

KM

hanoverfist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:04 pm

First of all I thought the production was a bit cheesball with puff the magic dragon and all. That said there was some big names on the fight card and I was ready to see some awesome talent on display…unfortunately it turned out to be a dud imo. Crazy horse acted the fool while beating a fighter I had favorite to win( can’t recall his name right now), David the crow looked like a pigeon cooing by a park bench(what happened?) on and on it went except for the women’s fight which was the best of the night. To top it off Shamrock and gracie end in a disqual. I think Frank was losing due to being on his back the mojority of the time, he was stronger on the stand up but couldn’t stop the takedown in the clinch. However, Renzo seemed to be playing it up with the knees to the back of the head, I’ve seen guys get rabbit puched, kicked in the head, elbowed and still be good to go, Renzo takes two glancing knees(looked like the shoulder took most of it) and as soon as the ref stops it he grabs his face and rolls on the ground. This is the guy who got his arm broke in Pride and was still ready to fight( that was a great match by the way) so is this some kind of promotional move to hype a rematch or what?

treelizard
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:38 pm

hanoverfist wrote:
    Crazy horse acted the fool while beating a fighter I had favorite to win( can’t recall his name right now),
    Noons. Yeah, that bugged me too. Why can’t the nice guys win all the time? 😆 I live in fantasyland, I know. 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?