Smackgirl 4/22 Card in Osaka – Tsuji to defend title

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

derUbermensc
    Post subject: Smackgirl 4/22 Card in Osaka – Tsuji to defend title PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:52 pm

From http://www.fightergirls.com

[QUOTE=my smile is artsy]Smackgirl has announced their next event, which will be held at Taisho Azeria in Osaka, Japan on April 22nd. The event, carrying the theme “The Queen’s Triumphant Return”, will be headlined by Yuji Tsuji, pound for pound arguably the best female MMA fighter in the world, defending her Smackgirl 57 kilogram title against 21 year old American Cami “Hostile” Hostetler. Hostetler, a massage therapist by trade, is coming off of a win in the Ax Fighting Championships over Jennifer Hua, while Yuka Tsuji last impressed on the big stage by heel hooking Miyuki Ariga at GCM’s MARS show in February.

Smackgirl Presents: SG-F in Osaka
    April 22, 2006
    Taisho Azeria
    Osaka, Japan
    Door Open: 16:00
    Fight Start: 17:30

Tentative Fight Card (Card Subject to Change):

57 KG, 3R 5M
    For the Smackgirl 57 KG World Championship
    Cami Hostetler (Charlie’s Combat Club) vs. Yuka Tsuji (Sogokakutougi Angura)

Also Scheduled To Participate:
    Yasuko Mogi (Strapple)
    Akiko Inoue (SHOOTO JAM WATER)
    Kinuka Sasaki (Sogokakutougi Angura)
    Fukuko Hamada (Sogokakutougi Angura)
    Nao Hanazaa (Cobra Kai)
    Ryoko Ifuku (Cobra Kai)[/QUOTE]

I’m at a lost as to why Tsuji is fighting someone with like a 1-1 amateur record when Windy Tomomi just got finished challenging her. Discuss.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:31 pm

*NEW FIGHTS

Openweight / 5x2R
    HARI vs. Natsuko Kamei (All-Japan Arm Wrestling Champion)

The Next Cinderella Tournament 2006/ Middleweight / 5x2R
    Kinuka Sasaki vs. Sakura Nakamura

————————————

2 newbs fighting 2 cats who lost to Akano, whoopee

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:03 pm

*NEW FIGHTS

50kg/5x2R
    Yasuko Mogi vs. Taeko Nagamine

Lightweight/5x2R
    Ayumi ‘edge’ Saito vs. Youko Daisen

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:37 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’m sorry but Cami Hostetler does not deserve a shot at a World Title! She won’t even take a local fight agaist me, when I have asked over and over. I guess knowing people in the right places is the key, not talent!

smash
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:01 pm

***my earlier comment is removed*** no disrespect meant to anyone. Good luck Cami, and Lisa, good luck to you in the future. 😳

Last edited by smash on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:12 pm

Christ, leave that shit off my threads please. I want to keep people informed about that things that matter.

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:42 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’m not kickboxer and neither is Smack Girl. So why should I kickbox her? I’m just simply stating she doesn’t deserve to fight for a world title when her ameture record reads 1-2 ( I think?) and she just got TKO by Elisha. There are girls like Molley Hessel or Mandy Stewart that should be taking a fight like that. Thats all! Anyways I have asked to fight Cami a number of times. Two local girls at 115……I mean it only makes sence. Plus I never said I wanted to fight a 14 year old either. I was approched about fighting the 14 year old and I said I didn’t want to do it. Get your story staight before you try to throw out facts.

satanico
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:21 pm

Watch this fight of Hostetler vs Cindy Hales on youtube. I imagine against Tsuji will look very similar.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:55 pm

satanico wrote:
    Watch this fight of Hostetler vs Cindy Hales on youtube. I imagine against Tsuji will look very similar.

I just saw this video earlier today and I was thinking “she’s gonna get her arm broke by Tsuji”

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:27 pm

*NEW FIGHT

Tae Kwon Do Rules
    Open, 2R 2M
    Mari Tsuji (Gold’s Gym Kobe Motomachi) vs. Keiko Hanaoka (Kobe Motomachi)

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:24 am

*NEW FIGHT

Naoko Ohmuro vs. Akiko Inoue…. a beating really

Sudoraba
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:08 am

Lisa_Ward wrote:
    I’m sorry but Cami Hostetler does not deserve a shot at a World Title! She won’t even take a local fight agaist me, when I have asked over and over. I guess knowing people in the right places is the key, not talent!

if it helps she’s pretty much being fed to Tsuji anyway

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:35 pm
    Pro Fighter

I know they are feeding her Tsuji! 😆 I just want to fight Cami in the Tacoma Dome on May 20th. just to prove to her my level.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:31 pm

Quote:
    I know they are feeding her Tsuji! 😆 I just want to fight Cami in the Tacoma Dome on May 20th. just to prove to her my level.

You should totally play up that angle in getting a possible fight in smackgirl, that is if your interested

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:09 pm

Lisa, I completley agree with you.
    Exactly like Ubermensch says, make use out of this..hehe

Tsuji will end this quickly, like the excellence of execution.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:27 pm

Complete Vale Tudo Access is reports:
    Quote:
    It is being reported that Lisa Newton (CCA Submisssion), British submission wrestling champion, is pulling out of her scheduled fight with MIKU Matsumoto for Smackgirl’s April 22nd card due to an injury. A substitute opponent is being found.

What’s the injury, Newton? Is SG going to reschedule you for later in the year?

tapoutuk
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:51 pm

where did you get this info from?

I’ll clear some stuff up.

Lisa is not a member of CCA Submission, she changed clubs nine months ago and trains with Dave Elliot BJJ Team.

Also she isn’t injured, a family issue came up and she was therefore unable to travel at this time, SG have left the door open for future events.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:36 pm

thanks tapout, I’ll correct the blog accordingly

combatchaz
    Post subject: Yuka Tsuji retains titlePostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:13 am

For those of you interested in this fight, Just got word from Japan the Yuka Tsuji defeated Cami Hostetler late in the 2nd rd by armbar. Cami got caught early in the 1st with an armbar but defended using the smack girl ground rule, From what I heard Cami was getting a little better of the stand-up, a defended fairly well on the ground until getting caught in the final seconds of the 2nd rd. – anyone here at that fight?

coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:12 am
    Pro Fighter

any other results yet??

coslisa
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:17 am
    Pro Fighter

It’s okay I found them. 😀

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:38 pm

coslisa wrote:
    It’s okay I found them. 😀

I’ll post em anyway

From Complete Vale Tudo Access:

Quote:
    Smackgirl’s Queen, Yuka Tsuji, made her decidedly “triumphant return” to a packed Taisho Azeria in Osaka, where she successfully defended her Smackgirl Lightweight Championship against American Cami “Hostile” Hostetler. Tsuji made her second defense of her title against Hostetler, who fell prey to Tsuji’s trademark armbar just over four minutes in the second round. Tsuji lauded her opponent’s efforts, saying she that Hostetler didn’t tap easily, and that she admired her heart.

Also, the younger sister of Daisuke “13” Hanazawa, Tadashi Hanazawa, put on a dominant display in her grappling bout with stand out fighter Naoko Ohmuro. In front of the six hundred fans in attendance, Hanazawa outgrappled Ohmuro from bell to bell, and took a commanding unanimous decision victory at the end of the second round.

In two bouts in Smackgirl’s 2006 Next Cinderella Tournament series, Sakura Nakamura defeated Kinuka Sasaki by a narrow split decision to advance in the Next Cinderella Middleweight Tournament, while Fukuko Hamada submitted Aya in the first round by armbar. Aya was also given a yellow card prior to the fight, as she weighed in at 3.7 kilograms over the 48 kilogram weight limit.

Also, noted female grappler Yasuko Mogi was also given a prefight yellow card after weighing in 1.5 kilograms over the 50 kilogram weight limit for her fight with Taeko Nagamine. This is especially significant due to the fact that it likely played a role in Mogi’s close split decision loss in the fight, as without the yellow card demerit she may have been able to to seize the victory.

Smackgirl Presents: Queen’s Triumphant Return
    April 22, 2006
    Taisho Azeria
    Osaka, Japan
    Door Open: 16:00
    Fight Start: 17:30
    Attendance: 600

2006 The Next Cinderella Flyweight Tournament
    48 KG, 2R 5M
    Fukuko Hamada (Sogokakutougi Angura) defeated Aya (Nagoya Fight Club) by submission via armbar at 4:07 of Round 1

2006 The Next Cinderella Middleweight Tournament
    58 KG, 2R 5M
    Sakura Nakamura (Zendokai Hiroshima) defeated Kinuka Sasaki (Sogokakutougi Angura) by split decision

Grappling Rules
    58 KG, 2R 4M
    Ryoko Ifuku (Cobra Kai) defeated Miyuki Ariga (Zendokai Headquarters) by submission via armbar at 0:35 of Round 1

Open, 2R 5M
    HARI (Freelance) defeated Natsuko Kamei (Sogokakutougi Angura) by submission via front choke at 2:58 of Round 2.

53 KG, 2R 5M
    Ayumi Saito (Sogokakutougi Angura) defeated Youko Daisen (Cobra Kai) by unanimous decision.

Grappling Rules
    54kg, 2R 4M
    MIKU Matsumoto (Club Barbarian) defeated Akiko Naito (Wajyutsu Keisyukai RJW) by submission via armbar at 0:17 of Round 2.

KING OF THE KICK Tae Kwon Do Rules
    Open, 2R 2M
    Mari Tsuji (Gold’s Gym Kobe Motomachi) and Keiko Hanaoka (Gold’s Gym Kobe Motomachi) fought to a draw

Grappling Rules
    48 KG, 2R 5M
    Tadashi Hanazawa (Cobra Kai) defeated Naoko Ohmuro (Wajyutsu Keisyukai Tokyo Headquarters) by unanimous decision

50 KG, 2R 5M
    Taeko Nagamine (Zendokai Hiroshima) defeated Yasuko Mogi (Strapple) by split decision

For the Smackgirl Lightweight World Championship
    52 KG, 3R 5M
    Yuka Tsuji (Sogokakutougi Angura) defeated Cami Hostetler (Charlie’s Combat Club) by submission via armbar at 2:19 of Round 2.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:45 pm

I like the fact that Sato has improved her grappling abilities. She’s already a strong boxer, and working with Tsuji showed in her fight that she can progress as a fighter.

MIKU looked AWESOME in her grappling bout. Like, complete ownage. I wonder now how she lost to Takimoto?

Hostetler/Tsuji: Hostetler showed potential in her stand-up, but really never got anything going as Tsuji was never really in trouble during the fight. Outside of that, it was normal Tsuji affair.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?