Smackgirl 9/15 News & Discussion Thread – NC Final, More

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

derUbermensc
    Post subject: Smackgirl 9/15 News & Discussion Thread – NC Final, More Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:59 pm

From Complete Vale Tudo Access:

Quote:

It has been a long, hard road for Smackgirl’s rising 58kg stars, but now one of the Next Cinderella Tournament Finalists will know victory. Sakura Nakamura and Kanako Takeshita will be scheduled to do battle for two five-minute rounds in order to decide who is the Middleweight Next Cinderella. Also scheduled is the Flyweight Semifinal between KM-MAKI and Fukuko Hamada.

Both fighters overcame stiff competition in the semifinal round. After capturing a split decision with the always tough but not so talented Kinuka Sasaki in quarterfinals, Nakamura impressed with a win over tournament favorite and T-BLOOD hopeful Miki Morifujii in semifinals. Morifujii brought strong wrestling ability to the table (bestowed, of course, from her training background with Mitsuhiro Ishida, Tatsuya Kawajiri, and NAOMI), but Nakamura proved more than ready to tame the aggressive Morifujii, securing a unanimous decision.

Takeshita fought slightly more talented competition in the quarterfinals but achiving the same result as her opponent in the finals, securing a decision from the well-rounded Yui Tachiwaki, a hard-hitting and submission-savy up-and-comer. The semifinals brought Smackgirl fans an ironic suprise as Takeshita armbarred Kazu Moroboshi. As banal as such as victory may seem, up to that point, Moroboshi had won herself a reputation for utilizing strong wrestling to armbar opponents in seconds. Though this is Takeshita and Nakamura’s time to shine, we should no doubt expect more of semifinalists Moroboshi and Morifujii.

Losing her debut bout against the arguably #3 fighter under 48kg in Masako Yoshida, KM-MAKI has impressed in her two-win streak. She defeated debutant Mizuho Kawasaki in a thoroughly lop-sided unanimous decision. She then stopped grappler MITSUKI with an armbar in the semifinals. Hamada dispatched the unproven MMA debutant Aya in the quarterfinals with an armbar in the first round. Her semifinals bout was against another hot up-and-comer at 48kg, Taeko Nagamine. Nagamine had debuted in April, rocking BJJ superstar Yasuko Mogi with devasting punches while evading Mogi’s feared ground skills, and in May, had drew veteran Naoko Ohmuro and Misaki Takimoto in a tag grappling match alongside Shiyo Yamato. Hamda proved superior, however, taking home a unanimous decision.

Upper Life Presents Smackgirl 2006: Hold Your Own
    September 15, 2006
    Korakuen Hall
    Tokyo, Japan
    Doors Open: 18:00
    Fights Start: 18:30

Tentative Fight Card (Subject To Change):

2006 Smackgirl Next Cinderella Middleweight Final
    58kg, 2R 5M
    Sakura Nakamura (Karate-Do Zendoka) vs. Kanako Takeshita (Wajyutsu Keisyukai Tokyo)

2006 Smackgirl Next Cinderella Flyweight Semifinal
    48kg, 2R 5M
    KM-MAKI (RISE Fight Club) vs. Fukuko Hamada (Sogokakutougi Angura)

Nakamura and Takeshita both suck balls at the stand-up at least from what I’ve seen (and what I’ve seen is them avoiding stand-up against people who do it better), but they’re overwhelming grapplers. Perhaps the tradition will be for more Akano clones to win the Middleweight tournament. Nakamura’s also the cutest thing ever.

Hamada is Tsuji’s girl and I saw her armbar Aya with the quickness, but I’m favoring MAKI cause she had balls to go toe-to-toe with Yoshida for a bit and looked good for a rookie before losing.

Modafferi, got any secret info on Takeshita?

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:11 am
    Pro Fighter

derUbermensc, I’m curious, where do you get such detailed information? Do you speak Japanese, or do you have someone translate that from another site??

Yeah, I train with Takeshita a few times a week, but I guess I shouldn’t say much or her enemies might find it. 🙂 She’s good.

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:15 am

Quote:
    derUbermensc, I’m curious, where do you get such detailed information? Do you speak Japanese, or do you have someone translate that from another site??
    shhhh. It’s a secret

Quote:
    Yeah, I train with Takeshita a few times a week, but I guess I shouldn’t say much or her enemies might find it. 🙂 She’s good.
    If she wins this, I absolutely must ask you to ask her questions for CVTA. People on our side need to know such things.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:24 am
    Pro Fighter

I will ask her anything you want anytime.

Mandy_Aus
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:19 pm

Hey

Does anyone have anymore details on the final card for this event?

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:23 pm

Mandy_Aus
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:36 pm

Thank you!!

Is anyone able to give me any info on Hitomi Akano??

all replies appreciated 🙂

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:18 pm

Quote:
    Thank you!!

Is anyone able to give me any info on Hitomi Akano??

all replies appreciated 🙂
    She’s the 2005 Smackgirl Next Cinderella Middleweight Tournament Champion. She defeated Takayo Hashii in the finals by armbar. Her only loss is to Tara Larosa by decision. She trains at Abe Ani Combat Club with childhood friend Megumi Fujii. She is fantastic at Judo and has been a long-time competitor.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?