SMACKGIRL brackets…..

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Erin T
    Post subject: SMACKGIRL brackets…..PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:39 pm
    Pro Fighter

Well, I am very excited to have found out whom is fighting whom. I know who is also “out” of the tournament. I am assumming it is Ok to let ppl know…but I guess I should not say it.

There will be some VERY interesting fights 🙂 let’s just say that. I don’t think I will let the cat outta the bag – unless one of the other female fighters know and then I can confirm. I am ready SO ready it’s not even funny. 😉 I cannot wait!!!!

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:18 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’m so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!
    One of the US ladies is bringing home the bacon.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:47 pm
    Pro Fighter

oh yeah. Looks like a fun time. 😉 I’m so stoked. It’s on the Japanese website, so I guess it’s okay to say too….but you post first LOL

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:43 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

ok Guys/ Gals
    Thank you for keeping my secret. The only reason I did not let you know sooner, was the japanese wanted my medical reports and had asked me to not tell anyone until they could issue those and a press release. So I guess they finally did. unbeknowst to me……lol…… anyway IM out of the tourney.

Im having problems with gallstones and my bloodwork is not stable enough for me to fight in the next few weeks. I can not even tell you how dissapointed I am. but am grateful to have my health. and will live, which is most important. I will be back THAT much I can promise…………….. Iv trained WAY to friggen hard to quit fighting now.

GOOD luck Erin and Roxy. kick those french women’s butts LOL

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:00 pm
    Pro Fighter

goodness, debi. please take care.
    i know how tiring those things can be and it’s quite a set back – my mom had issues, then my sister.

love to all!

kick arse!

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:49 am
    Pro Fighter

There’s french women fight?

I’ll do my best 😉

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:50 am

That is really a pity Debi!
    But I’m sure you will be there next time!

I’m really wondering who will face eachother in the brackets!

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:24 am

Hey very sorry to hear you’re going through that situation, Debi…best wishes with whatever treament you need to undergo. And once you get through it the preventative findings of the “GW4064” compound sound very promising for that condition.

Regards,

RA

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:43 am
    Pro Fighter

Great. Glad Roxy girl is so on the ball. But see, the last time I checked that site was in Japanese….and I am not sure if translating it works. So regardless if it’s “on” there – some just might not be able to understand it.

The Japanese told us – as far as I know it could be completely different from what is actually on the website.

I am not sure if any of the girls are French LOL But whether they are French, American, Japanese or Dutch – it makes NO difference to me.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:42 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’m certain it’s fine (see my certainty? lol) so I emailed them asking if I could spread it.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:23 pm
    Pro Fighter

A block

* Erin Toughill vs Miwako Ishihara (155cm/74kg)

* Marloes Coenen (175cm/67kg) vs Yoko Takahashi (170cm/70kg)

B block

* Megumi Yabushita vs Amanda Buckner (164cm/61kg)

* Ana Carolina (from Brazil) vs Roxanne Modafferi (5’7″/63kg)

Jeff
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:48 pm

Does Smackgirl measure the heights of their fighters?

It would have been nice to see Verhoeff among the participants. Is Keiko Tamai one of the alternates?

Last edited by Jeff on Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Del
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:09 pm

Wow, Debi so sorry to hear that. Hang in there, at least you’ll get to fight another day.

The Brackets look good for everybody. Best of luck to all.

rebekah
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:54 am

I’m so bummed to hear about Debi!! I wish you the best and can’t wait to see you back in the ring!

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:09 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

I am really bummed out about not going……. I traded Japan never been nice weather always wanted to see for Minnesota……. -20 cold miserable but were my family lives…… I want to wish everyone the best in Japan and hope someone will post pictures……

I know that Debi really feels terrible about this… She has trained and looked forward to this fight for all her life…. SORRY!!!

Hey mabe the Minnesota trip will make you forget about the whole thing…

Report this post Post details Delete post
    scarce
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:54 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

..wow,,,,,,,ana and rox,,,should be a great fight……..get a million photos……..this could be good……or gggrrrreaaaattttttt!!!!!!!!

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:57 am

To be honest, in my opinion Erin and Marloes are the favorites to win this, Why did they put them both in Block A?
    That’s a bit dissapointing. 🙁
    But as far this tournament goes, it will be exciting as hell!
    Cause I really can’t place any bets on this! 😀

holddown
    Post subject: rulesPostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:58 am

what are the rules for smack girl.

Knees?
    elbows?
    striking on ground?

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:12 pm
    Pro Fighter

LOL The rules are WEAK. No hitting to the face on the ground. No elbows either. But flying knees and just regular knees are allowed. The 30 sec. is lame too. The stupid BJJ ppl who think the “standup” ppl are “lucky” because there IS a time limit on the ground – are even MORE stupid for even thinking that. But that’s mostly because they could not punch their way outta a wet paper bag 😉

I know Marloes and I will meet in the second fight – which I thought was weird too. But it actually made more sense because they ALWAYS want a Japanese competitor to be in the finals. So if you look at it that way….

I thought I was one of the bigger girls @ 174 lbs. – but I believe the BJJ blackbelt is about 15-20 lbs bigger then me. I do know she is a world champion…@ BJJ – not mma.

Del
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:59 pm

Oh wow, I didn’t see that Marloes and Erin are in the same bracket. Yeah, woulda been nice if they were in opposite brackets.

Only 30 seconds on the ground and no strikes on the ground? Huh, I don’t get it, so it becomes a 30 sec. scramble for a submission or 30 sec stall?

Del
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:07 pm

yeah someone take a bunch of pictures and since Chad isn’t going get results back to the states via cell phone…

😀

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:59 am

Erin T wrote:

I thought I was one of the bigger girls @ 174 lbs. – but I believe the BJJ blackbelt is about 15-20 lbs bigger then me. I do know she is a world champion…@ BJJ – not mma.

Yo Erin!
    I’m just glad Svetlana Gundarenko isn’t competing! hehehe
    You too? 8)
    Well somehow I hoped you or Marloes or another fightere could kick her ass once! 😆
    But in another way she spoiled the tournament from Remix.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:54 am
    Pro Fighter

Yo Erin!
    I’m just glad Svetlana Gundarenko isn’t competing! hehehe
    You too?
    Well somehow I hoped you or Marloes or another fightere could kick her ass once!
    But in another way she spoiled the tournament from Remix.

I WISH she was competing. That tournament was 4 years ago. I just made a stupid mistake – not enough footwork. Just keep moving and moving w/ someone that size. I was glad she was in it because her and Megumi had one of the best fights in female mma history. It was awesome being right there.

She is very one dimensional and can be beat easily – I just did not have a gameplan…wrong idea. But if you watch Svetalana’s FIRST fight – it is a work. THAT is what was very shitty about her being in it.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:28 am
    Pro Fighter

I’m not too caught up on the brackets…..whoever is better (or luckier?) will win, right? And then meet the next person. ^_^

“”thought I was one of the bigger girls @ 174 lbs. – but I believe the BJJ blackbelt is about 15-20 lbs bigger then me. I do know she is a world champion…@ BJJ – not mma.””< ----I thought Ana colina was the BJJ black belt...and I thought she was light i.e. I'm fighting her first. o_O; is there another? am I *gasp* mistaken? Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Executioner Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:35 pm Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:48 pm Posts: 444 Location: Netherlands Erin T wrote: Yo Erin! I'm just glad Svetlana Gundarenko isn't competing! hehehe You too? Well somehow I hoped you or Marloes or another fightere could kick her ass once! But in another way she spoiled the tournament from Remix. I WISH she was competing. That tournament was 4 years ago. I just made a stupid mistake - not enough footwork. Just keep moving and moving w/ someone that size. I was glad she was in it because her and Megumi had one of the best fights in female mma history. It was awesome being right there. She is very one dimensional and can be beat easily - I just did not have a gameplan...wrong idea. But if you watch Svetalana's FIRST fight - it is a work. THAT is what was very shitty about her being in it. I really was thinking is it work or not? She fought first round against Kyoko Inoue the girl with the face paint (pro wrestler). Now where are into "works", Svetlana also fought on LLPW 1998 a work against Shinobu Kandori. Yes, that's indeed true, that fight between Megumi and Svetlana was really incredible! Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote rebekah Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:36 pm Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:25 am Posts: 82 Ana Carolina is a BJJ black belt according to BJJ.org. I think she is a relatively new black belt. In 2003 she fought BJJ black belt Carmem Casca-Grossa in Meca X as a brown belt. Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Rox21 Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:03 pm Pro Fighter Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:49 pm Posts: 1334 Location: Kanagawa/Japan thanks rebekah! Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Del Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:47 pm Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:01 am Posts: 178 Location: Connecticut Rox - you've grapple two hundred pounders in tourneys before, right? Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote KnockOut2 Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:14 pm Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:19 pm Posts: 439 Location: Louisville, KY Sounds like a great event, though I'm not a big fan of weight mismatches. (blue hair!....blue hair!....koolaid!....koolaid!!!) 🙂 Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Executioner Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:38 am Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:48 pm Posts: 444 Location: Netherlands Well Svetlana is 330 pounds so that would be a grappling if she was there in the tournament! hehe Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top Rox21 Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:00 am Pro Fighter Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:49 pm Posts: 1334 Location: Kanagawa/Japan Del- Yes, frequently. That girl from fallriver was like 210 that used to beat me and stuff, and then the last time we fought I SWEAR I won that match but she got decision because she sat on my head for a minute before I got out. ;__; I'm still really really bitter about that.( I shouldn't be, but you know, being crushed for 2 years by the same 210lber, then winning but losing can do that to you) >,< But at least I know I can take it! 😀 No fear here! Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote KnockOut2 Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:09 pm Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:19 pm Posts: 439 Location: Louisville, KY nobody got my koolaid/blue hair reference. Fine! 🙁 Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Erin T Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:22 am Pro Fighter Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:36 pm Posts: 292 Location: Orange County USA LOL Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote scarce Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:32 am Fightergirls elite poster Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:31 pm Posts: 791 ,,for christmas i would like a ,,ana carolina photo/ in 3D..thank you/ Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Executioner Post subject: Shannon Hooper replacing Amanda Buckner!PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:55 am Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:48 pm Posts: 444 Location: Netherlands I've read this on puroresu forum. "Amanda Buckner has dropped out of Sunday's Smackgirl WORLD REMIX tournament and has been replaced by Shannon Hooper. Hooper is the training partner of Josh Barnett and was brought in on his recommendation. Hooper will fight Megumi Yabushita in the first round." Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote debi Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:06 am Fightergirls Pro Fight Team Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:04 am Posts: 533 Does anyone know why Amanda dropped ? Also if she is OK ? Erin Is the favorite in this event IMO. Training time in, fight exp. and weight are all going to come to her advantge. I wish Erin and Rox the best of luck GOOO AMERICA !!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Rox21 Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:03 pm Pro Fighter Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:49 pm Posts: 1334 Location: Kanagawa/Japan Yeah, Jeff Barnett gets on the bus that picked us up from the Airport and me and Kirik look at each other and say "why is he here??" Then I asked the Smack girl guy and he told me Amanda couldn't come. Im here at an internet cafe at shizuoka! everyone got here safely and are just chilling today. Im getting my hair done today, yay. Im sooo excited to be here again in Japan. Kirik and I are just walking around the town now. There's not too much to see since its early and nothing is open, plus its not a big city and theres not too many tall buildings and what not. We had the best Japanese breakfast of rice and fish and miso soup. LOL Kirik ate 4 times as much as me. The eggs were kind of sketchy...I trusted the salmon more. and I wish the bus ride from the airport to our hotel didnt take 4 hours last night. We finally got to our hotel at like 10:45 pm... Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Del Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:09 pm Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:01 am Posts: 178 Location: Connecticut Yeah is Amanda ok? Rox!!! WooHoo it gotta be cool being there. So you will provide us with updates? Pleeeze. 🙂 Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote abuckner Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:00 pm Pro Fighter Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:43 pm Posts: 78 Del, Debi, thanks for the concern. I'm fine and just wanted to clear up that I didn't drop out of the tournament, I had never accepted the offer and was still deciding what to do when they posted that I was in it. I got the offer with less than two weeks notice and because of a number of factors decided not to do it. Anyway, happy holidays to everyone and good luck to the women competing this weekend. Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote debi Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:09 am Fightergirls Pro Fight Team Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:04 am Posts: 533 Amanda, first let me say I am glad you are OK ;-).. second CONGRATS on your marriage. I believe the girls have fought already and no one has called me to give me results 🙁 I just hope everyone is safe and healthy Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote debi Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:24 am Fightergirls Pro Fight Team Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:04 am Posts: 533 OK I am a retard, they have not fought yet. its only 3. am Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote Executioner Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:21 am Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:48 pm Posts: 444 Location: Netherlands debi wrote: OK I am a retard, they have not fought yet. its only 3. am 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post Top

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?