SMACKGIRL – ReMix Tournament returns in 2008

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: SMACKGIRL – ReMix Tournament returns in 2008 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:16 am

Fightergirls elite poster

Smack Girl is hosting another World ReMix tournament next year(2008). The first ReMix was held back in 2000 and one of the promoters from this show started Smack Girl and revived ReMix holding the second tournament in 2004, and finally, the third tournament is going to be held next year(2008), in two different weight classes. After the December 26th show, Smack Girl revealed that “WORLD ReMix TOURNAMENT 2008” is going to be lightweight (52 kg) tournament and open-weight tournament. The Lightweight is going to be an eight-woman tournament, and the open-weight is either a six or eight-women tournament. First rounds will be held at this February 14th show, while the semi-finals are during the April 25th show, and the final is going to be at Korakuen Hall on July 24th.
    The first two entries announced on this day were, probably the two heavy favorites for the lightweight tournament, Megumi Fujii from team AACC and Michelli Tavarez form Brazil. Undefeated and widely known as invincible at 115 lbs & under Megumi, in the year 2007, had two fights in the States, and three in Japan. This means, in 2007, “Mega Megu” did two full MMA rules bouts (one of them which elbow shot to the head allowed). Although even in Smack Girl shows she stayed away from the Smack Girl official rules till now, she is going back to fighting under the “no striking to the heads on the ground” rules. Is it because after beating Lisa Ward, she feels there is no one else to fight under 115 lbs. outside Japan? (For Megumi to fight against the top girls in Japan like MIKU and Yuka Tsuji would be a super fight in Japan) Maybe it is because women in MMA at the weight category of 115 lbs & under are just not developing outside Japan?
    Michelli fought Megumi back in March 2005 in the G-Shooto show in Tokyo and lost in a two-round decision. Michelli is also 1-1 against current Smack Girl lightweight tournament Yuka Tsuji.
    The ReMix tournament is also known for paying high prize money for women’s MMA standards. The first tournament in 2000, 10 million yen (approximately 90,000 USD) was paid to the winner Marloes Coenen, and 1 million yen (9,000 USD) for the runner-up Megumi Yabushita. In the 2004 tournament, the total prize money was 30,000 USD. There was no announcement in regards to the prize money yet however considering how now a new sponsor is backing up Smack Girl and this show is going to be broadcast by BS Fuji the fighters can maybe hope for a good pay day from this tournament?

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:19 am

When one reporter asked Yuka Tsuji about her plan for the next year, particularly in regards to the Smack Girl lightweight tournament beginning on February 14th her reply was, “The promoter asked me to rest. ” But everyone knows that the fighter you always wanted to fight has entered the tournament. “Who? ”The fighter I want to fight?’ Who are you talking about?” Then the reporter specifically named Megumi Fujii, but her answer was, “I am not interested in her at all.” After defending the Smack Girl lightweight title against Su Hi Ham, Yuka, at least, looked like she wasn’t thinking about undefeated and widely considered invincible “Mega Megu”.
    The title fight against Ham was a complete domination by Yuka. She never even bothered to stand up against the Korean striker, she just engaged in the ground battle. Yuka snapped on an arm bar and a few leg locks but the Korean was incredibly tough, very technical and extremely flexible, defending very well Yuka’s numerous attacks on the ground but on this day, Ham didn’t get to show her stuff. Yuka was uncompromising in taking the fight to the ground. And at the end it was completely a one-sided fight.
    Megumi Fujii fought in the first bout of the show against a rookie Mika Nagano. Megumi shot in low went for her signature heel lock. Everyone thought it was all over but surprisingly Nagano reacted well by sticking her chest to Megumi’s back. But that was it for a former wrestler and a fourth-place finisher of the Queens Cup. Megumi switched position hooked her leg for a triangle. Nagano didn’t tap but when the referee stopped the bout her light was just about to go out. Another “byosatsu” (instant win) for Megumi and now extended her perfect record to 13-0.
    Starting from this show, Smack Girl got rid of the “30 second limit on the ground” rule and maybe because of it, the referees looked a little too carefully, in the sense that there were more than few early breaks. On top of this, Smack Girl still uses the rules where fighters are not allowed to strike to the head on the ground. Therefore even the Main Event, when Ham took the mount position the referee stepped in to stand them back up which seemed a bit unnatural in an MMA bout.
    After the fight Yuka specifically said, “I prefer the rules where I can strike to the head of a downed opponent”. Does this mean Yuka prefers to meet Megumi in a full MMA rules bout? Since next year’s lightweight tournament will be held under the regular Smack Girl rules, maybe both Smack Girl and Yuka are hoping for Megumi to storm through this tournament so the stage would be set for the super fight between Yuka and Megumi under the full MMA rules?

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:26 am

Press conference was held today 18th Jan. a few more fighters are added for the tournaments.
    -52kg(Light weight)
    Megumi Fujii
    Anna Michelle Tavares
    Edge
    Lisa Ward
    Cindy Hales

Open Weight
    Hitomi Akano
    Atsuko Emoto(a.k.a Bullfight Sora)

Seems Tsuji wont fight this time unfortunately…

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Smackgirl held a press conference on Friday to announce some of the fighters participating in the 2008 World REMIX Tournament. In the past, it has been a one day Open Weight tournament. This time around, the new owners of Smackgirl are having an Open Weight and a Lightweight tournament. The first round will be Feb. 14 at Korakuen Hall. The smi finals will be Apr. 25 at Korakuen Hall. The finals will be July 24 at Korakuen Hall. Smackgirl had previously announced that the incomparable Megumi Fujii and Brazilian Anna Michele Taveras will be in the Lightweight tournament. The bad news is that Smackgirl Lightweight Champ Yuka Tsuji will not be in the tournament. I’m not surprised. Let’s look at who will be there.
    So Megumi Fujii and her 13-0 record is the odds on favourite to win the Lightweight tournament. Anna Michele Tavares is 5-2. She got clobbered in her last fight by Yuka Tsuji on the Sept. 6, 2007 Smackgirl show. And Fujii has a victory over Tavares on the Mar. 12, 2005 G-Shooto show. Coming on her first trip to Japan is Cindy Hales. She is 1-0 with a win over Shawn Tamaribuchi on the Nov. 3, 2007 Fighting Femme Fatales show. Also added is Smackgirl veteran Ayumi “Edge” Saito. Her record is 8-4. But the most interesting addition is Lisa Ward.
    Lisa Ward’s record is 10-3 but the interesting thing is she lost to Fujii at a BodogFight show in Vancouver on Aug. 24. In a written statement, Lisa said she wants to face Fujii in the tournament finals and get revenge for the loss in Vancouver. Cindy Hales said she looks forward to fighting Ward and also Fujii is one of her favourite fighters and she respects her a lot. At the press conference, Fujii said she’s game for any and all of them. She said Ward is very strong on the ground and Tavares is difficult to take down. She plans to do what she always does and win the tournament. I wouldn’t bet against her.
    Fujii’s AACC teammate and former Smackgirl Middleweight Champ Hitomi Akano will be in the Open Weight tournament. Her record is 11-5 and her most recent fight was a loss to Vanessa Porto at the Nov. 3, 2007 Fighting Femme Fatales show. Also added is pro wrestler Atsuko Emoto. Her MMA record is 1-1 but she is best known for wearing the Bullfight Sora mask. She sometimes wrestles without the mask. She just returned from a trip to the dojos of Mexico and usually trains at Mariko Yoshida’s Ibuki dojo. Akano says she’s looking to get back on a winning streak and I think the tournament is more fun for Emoto than anything else. Lana Stefanac has been invited to this tournament but she has some injuries that may prevent her from participating.

I have posted a pic of Fujii from the press conference on my blog and there was also coverage of the press conference at Sportsnavi & Bout Review.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:38 pm
    Instructor

Thanks for the info! Best of luck to Lisa!

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:32 pm

Add Naigai Times to the Japanese media that covered the Smackgirl press conference. Fujii told them she’s been training recently with Josh Barnett.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:20 am
    Instructor

Hasn’t Fuji been training with Barnett for quite a while now?

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:52 am

Yeah but Naigai Times isn’t a sports site so it was probably news to them.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:17 am

I wonder how good Megumi Fujii’s English is, considering how much she spends so much time in the States with Barnett and his camp.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:03 pm
    Pro Fighter

I don’t think she spends THAT much time in the States. She runs her club here. Her English is broken, but she’s awesome and tries hard. She used to communicate with Carvalho (Canadian SHOOTO pro) when he lived there.

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:34 pm
    Pro Fighter

When I was in japan I hung out with Megumi and her english is fine. She was a bit shy at first.

She was great- here an Mr. Abe took me out sight-seeing and shopping for a whole day then had me train at their gym in the evening, and out for dinner after that. They were a great group of people.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:06 pm

Yeah I don’t think Fujii spends much time in the US but Barnett is in Japan a lot as he’s one of the more popular gaijins around. And Fujii’s English is good enough that she has an English MySpace page.

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:21 pm

Rox21 wrote:
    I don’t think she spends THAT much time in the States. She runs her club here. Her English is broken, but she’s awesome and tries hard. She used to communicate with Carvalho (Canadian SHOOTO pro) when he lived there.
    Where is her club Rox? I am thinking about training in Japan sometime this year if all works out with my injury.

Where do you train?

I have been to Japan a couple of times and trained…(but in Karate 😉 ) …and competed a couple of times in Tokyo.

The Japanese are so welcoming and nice.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:15 am
    Pro Fighter

Oh, maybe I haven’t talked to her enough, or maybe I’m critical since I’m an English teacher. lol or maybe we only spoke in Japanese.

Anyway, I’ll post again later with info you asked for..gotta hit the hay

Pankration_MuayThai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:29 pm
    Pro Fighter

She trains out of AACC

I trained there when I went to fight in japan. It was great to be in a class with 12+ girls that were all good.

warrior14
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:06 am
    Pro Fighter

Yes. AACC is a great school to train at. Lots of training partners, good instruction, great facility.

Megumi’s english is good enough for me to be able to communicate with her pretty well. And that’s saying something since I know NO Japanese.

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:58 am
    Pro Fighter

warrior14 wrote:
    Yes. AACC is a great school to train at. Lots of training partners, good instruction, great facility.

Megumi’s english is good enough for me to be able to communicate with her pretty well. And that’s saying something since I know NO Japanese.
    You know Megumi and she’s Japanese….doh!

Well you can kinda say, “Omae wa mou shinde iru!”

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:52 am
    Pro Fighter

For any interested, Megumi is actually in town right now….I just finished making her her breakfast!

She is here for a training trip and we will oversee diet, weight training, fight training, everything. This is the first step towards an even stronger Megu!
    Last edited by Josh Barnett on Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:46 pm

She’s already one of the best fighters around. Her opponents will pay for any further improvements.

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:26 pm

According to blog gravity,

The last seat for light weight was
    Su Hi Ham the korean rising star.
    Yabusita and Tama-chan were added for the first round of Open weight tournament

Heres the fighters list for the first round

Light weight:

Megumi Fujii
    Edge
    Kyoko Takabayashi
    Saori Ishioka
    Ana Michelle Tavares
    Lisa Ward
    Cindy Hales
    Su Hi Ham

Open weight:

Hitomi Akano
    Atsuko Emoto
    Megumi Yabushita
    Tama-Chan

Match -up is not announced yet.

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: Short updatePostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:11 pm
    Pro Fighter

Just giving a little backstage info:

Megumi has been training 2-3 times a day and has her weight up around 120lbs right now. Shannon Hooper, Shayna Baszler, Ginele Marquez, Sophie Bagherdai and BJJ Black Belt Kris Shaw have all been sparring with Megu and helping her prepare at CSW in Fullerton for the first round of this tourny.

This will be the last week of training at CSW and then she heads back to finish the final preparation for the fight. I will be heading over as well to oversee and keep her sharp.

I think you will all be able to see the improvements she has made and with great fighters like that pushing her in training week in and week out there is now way she can not get stronger.

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:46 am
    Pro Fighter

Thanks for the support Rikki. This tournamnet is going to be awsome and there is a lot of talented girls!

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:04 pm

There are definitely a lot of very talented ladies in this tournament…..best wishes to you Lisa. Here’s hoping for a Fujii – Ward showdown in the finals! 🙂

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:08 pm

Fight Crads for the Opening Round

Light Weight:

Saori Ishioka vs. Su Hi Ham

Edge vs. Lisa Ward

Kyoko Takabayashi vs. Ana Michelle Tavare

Megumi Fujii vs.Cindy Hales

Open Weght:

Megumi Yabushita vs. Hitomi Akano

Tama-chan vs. Atsuko Emoto
    Discovery Fight(PRELIMINARY CARD)
    on this Event:

-56kg
    Madoka Okada vs. Sakura Nakamura
    -50kg
    Masako Yoshida vs. Asami kodera
    -58kg
    Harumi vs. Megu

Lisa vs. Edge ! and Yabushita vs. Akano !!! 😯

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:03 am

I have posted a press conference report on my blog with more details about the fighters and a pic from the press conference. If you’re wondering about the Academy Of Music sign in the background, Smackgirl’s new training program is in that building.

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:12 pm
    Pro Fighter

It’s unfortunate how things went down in Bodog. I felt robbed, but Megumi is tough and was doing what she does best. Owell, but first I have to get threw Edge! Cindy and Megumi are going to be a great match up as well!!!

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:25 am

Quick results from SpoNavi
    oops correction

Llight Weight:

Su Hi Ham def. Saori Ishioka 2R unanimous decision

Lisa Ward def. Edge 1R 4:41 ankle hold

Ana Michelle Tavare def. Kyoko Takabayashi 2R 0:26 armbar

Megumi Fujii def. Cindy Hales 2R 0:27 flying armbar *

Open Weght:

Hitomi Akano def. Megumi Yabushita 2R 4:16 heelhock

Atsuko Emoto def. Tama-chan 2R unanimous decision Ouch !

Discovery Fight(PRELIMINARY CARD)
    -56kg
    Madoka Okada def. Sakura Nakamura 1R 4:43 rear naked choke
    -50kg
    Masako Yoshida def. Asami kodera 2R unanimous decision
    -58kg
    Megu def Harumi 1R 1:19 armbar

[edit]
    seems Roxy was the cornerman(woman) for for Lisa today. She couldnt watch other bouts
    ROBITA san has posted the report on his blog with a lot of pix he took as usual.

I think Akira san of blog gravity will adds more pix for each fight day by day.

Th cards for 2nd Round of the light weight tournament

Megumi Fujii VS. Su Hi Ham

Lisa Ward VS. Ana Michelle Tavares
    Last edited by koolpaw on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:46 am
    Instructor

Yay! That’s one step closer to a Ward / Fuji rematch!

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:45 am
    Pro Fighter

Mistake.

Emoto beat Tama Chan 3-0. Megumi hit a flying armbar but finished on the gound.

The Bodog fight was stopped prematurely and this was even after I explicitly told the referee before hand not to stop it for anything but a KO or tapout. You can see the look on his face when he stops and he knows he messed up.

Cindy was tough. They all will be. But tough enough is another story.

Josh

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:36 pm
    Pro Fighter

I cornered Lisa.

She was great! Great hard body shots! Managed to do Ground and Pound even under no gnp rules. 🙂 NICE ANKLE LOCK

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:39 am

I have posted my show report on my blog.

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:25 am

Article on Sherdog about the event.

Lisa_Ward
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:18 am
    Pro Fighter

Thanks Roxy for helping corner me!!! Japan was a beautiful as usual and I can’t wait to go back and get another win.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:03 pm
    Instructor

Congratulations Lisa! Good luck against Tavares, that should be a good fight! I’m really hoping to see a rematch between you and Fuji. She’s a phenom but I’d love to see you take that win.

Medora
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:21 am

My pictures from the February 14, 2008 SMACKGIRL can be viewed at:

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:15 am

Of course the Apr. 25 Korakuen Hall Smackgirl show will feature the semi finals of the two World REMIX tournaments. The two additional fighters in the Open Weight tournament are to be announced. But Smackgirl did hold a press conference today to announce three more matches for the show. The big news is that WINDY Tomomi will make her Smackgirl return on this show. Tomomi returned to MMA after a year off with a broken ankle with a win over Emi Tomimatsu on the Jan. 30 Pancrase show. Her record is 10-8. Her opponent AZUMA is making her MMA debut. But she has a 7-3-3 record with the J-GIRLS kickboxing fed. So they know each other and AZUMA said she has wanted to fight WINDY for a while. It could be interesting but I favour WINDY because of her MMA experience and AZUMA may not have the ground game to exploit WINDY’s weakness on the ground.
    Smackgirl has also added two Discovery fights to the card. The first is a Lightweight match with Asami Kodera vs Mika Nagano. Kodera is 2-2 and lost her most recent match to Masako Yoshida at the Feb. 14 Smackgirl show. Nagano is a former amateur grappling champ and she lost her MMA debut to Megumi Fujii on the Dec. 26 Smackgirl show. The other is a Middleweight match with Megu vs Hitomi Sakamoto. Megu made her MMA debut with a win over at the Feb. 14 Smackgirl show. Sakamoto’s one previous match was a loss to Benkei at the Mar. 11, 2007 Smackgirl show but she is now training with Megumi Fujii & Hitomi Akano at AACC. That could make a difference. Speaking of Akano, she will be singing at a joshi puroresu show called LEE Presents BEGINNING at Shin-kiba 1st Ring Apr. 6. Pro wrestler Fuuka is headlining this show.
    I have posted a pic from the press conference on my blog.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:26 pm

While we’re waiting for Smackgirl to announce the mystery gaijins in the Open Weight World REMIX Tournament, the have added two Middleweight bouts to the Apr. 25 Korakuen Hall show. The first fight has Kaneko Takeshita vs Rin Nakai. Nakai’s record is 3-0 and her last win was over Asha Ingeneri at the Sept. 6 Smackgirl show. She also won the 2006 Middleweight Next Cinderella tournament. Takeshita is 5-0 and is looked at as a possible challenger for Hitomi Akano. Her last win was over Benkei on the Dec. 26 Smackgirl show. Speaking of Benkei, she’s in a match against Smackgirl veteran Miki Morifuji as part of the Discovery Fight series. Benkei’s record is 2-4. Morifuji is 5-4 and her last fight was a win over Hari at the Dec. 26 Smackgirl show. Now lets get to those mystery gaijins.

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:15 am

forgot to post

SmackGirl ReMix OpenWeight tournament 2nd Round card is:

Hitomi Akano vs. HIROKO

Atsuko Emoto vs. Ginele Marquez

its kinda sad that no Amanda and Roxy`s name but they just had tough fight in FFF. Adding HIROKO and Ginele must be a good decision of them.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:02 am

I have posted a press conference report on my blog. I think they’re both very good additions.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:18 pm
    Instructor

Awesome! It’s great to see Ginelle getting this chance!

powerhockey17
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:19 am
    Instructor

when they say open weight..what r the weights of these women?

thx

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:52 am

Open Weight means literally that so it could be 140lbs up. There’s a shortage of larger fighters in Japan. Yabushita frequently fights in Open Weight and so does Akano.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:30 pm

Smackgirl held a press conference today upon the arrival of Ginele Marquez, Lisa Ward & Anna Michele Tavares for the World REMIX Tournament on the Apr. 25 Smackgirl show. Marquez was accompanied by trainer Josh Barnett. He was in town to announce one of his own fights but he trains several female fighters too. Marquez’ opponent will be Atsuko Emoto. Barnett said that though Emoto is better known for her Bullfight Sora pro wrestling character, she has proven to be adept at MMA. He believes that Smackgirl’s abolition of the 30 second ground rule will help Marquez because she has strong training in jiu jitsu & submission wrestling. Barnett said training with Megumi Fujii has helped Marquez and Marquez is hoping for a quick win.

Lisa Ward & Anna Michele Tavares will face each other in the Lightweight World REMIX Tournament. Ward said she had a quick win in the first round and is hoping to do the same thing in this match. When asked about each other, Ward said Tavares is strong in jiu jitsu but Ward is stronger and more physical and knows Tavares’ weak point. Tavares said Ward is very strong and this will be a tough match. Ward figures that Megumi Fujii will win her semi final match over Ham Seo Hee and is looking forward to facing Fujii in the final. Apparently Lisa’s father died recently and she wants to dedicate this victory to him. The show will be very interesting.
    I have posted a pic from the press conference on my blog.

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:38 am

Quick results of ReMix 2nd Round

(reload to see quick results)

Discovery Fight58kg
    Megu def.Hitomi Sakamoto 2R unanimous decision
    Miki Morifuji def. Super Benkei 2R split decision

Discovery Fight 52kg
    Mika Nagano def. Asami Kodera 2R split decision

Discovery Fight58kg
    Rin Nakai def.Kanako Takeshita 2R split decision

-54kg Catch weight
    Windy Tomomi def. AZUMA 2R 2:08 KO

ReMix Open weight tournament
    Ginele Marquez def. Atsuko Emoto 2R unanimous decision

Hitomi Akano def. HOROKO 2R 3:10 Armbar

ReMix light weight tournament
    Anna Michelle Tavares def. Lisa Ward 2R unanimous decision

Megumi Fujii def. Su Hi Ham 1R 3:39 Armbar

Finals on July 24th will be

Open Weight
    Hitomi Akano vs. Ginele Marquez

Light Weight
    Megumi Fujii vs. Anna Michelle Tavares

wow, Tavares isnt easy at all but… Lisa lost??

😯

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:12 am
    Instructor

Congratulations to Ginelle! That’s great news!

Hmm….Lisa lost the decision. I’d like to see the fight. I know it was a unanimous decision but it was bound to be close. If not, Lisa either had an off day or Tavares has gotten a lot better!

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:45 am

Rikki wrote:
    Congratulations to Ginelle! That’s great news!

Hmm….Lisa lost the decision. I’d like to see the fight. I know it was a unanimous decision but it was bound to be close. If not, Lisa either had an off day or Tavares has gotten a lot better!
    yeppo, i was wondering about “unanimous decision” of the result. i didnt see such One-sided game from the Play by Play of Sport Navi. Sounded very close to me.

Robita san just has posted his review

According to Robita san and other coment on his blog. seems Tavares kept the top posion on the ground. And sounds like she still has been improving her skills.

115 lbs is not so suitable class for Lisa, she should fight at 105 lbs = 48kg maybe? At least 48kg Japanese 2 Champions MIKU(deep) & Shinashi(Smack) should fight Lisa to prove the authorities of the championship.

Roxy or Josh will post their review in English soon, i hope?

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:59 am

I have posted my show report on my blog.
    And how about some photo galleries.

Fujii vs Ham

Akano vs HIROKO

Ward vs Tavares

Marquez vs Emoto

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:54 pm

Another fan blog reporting in Japanese

According to both Robita san and Zen san, Arm Triangle choke of Tavares worked to judges. both bloggers said the The whole fight could be draw except the Tavares`s Arm triangle at the 1st round. so it was very close fight?

im not sure we could watch the videos of the event this time or not. Last 2 events of SmackGirl were broadcasted on BS Fuji TV. but the rumors say not for this time.

Seems they lost contract with DVD/video distributer…

edit:
    wow Pic on GBR of Ginele`s Suplex !

Its The great old Hungarian wrestler Sandor Szabo`s Suplex !!

i have watched it on mono-color film when i was a kid.

Inoki called it “Antonio Driver” but he didnt use so often saying its too dangerous.
    the original Tiger Mask Sayama also used it but not like Sandor Szabo`s Suplex.

Front Neck Chanthly?chancery?(how do u spell it?) drop !

FlashBack again !

AWA champion Nick Bockwinkel used it too, this Suplex was used in the old film “The wrestler”(not sure about original title) Verne Gagne produced. i remember Nick or Bill Robinson used it i remember(not sure its ooold film).

Searched on IMDb, yes the title was “the Wrestler”
    The Wrestler (1974)

Akira Maeda also used similer suplex called “Half Hatch”
    but Sandor Szabo`s one was lightning fast , the film failed to catch full bridge of Szabo, too Quick !

😯
    Last edited by koolpaw on Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:42 am

In other words, Ward needed to do something dramatic in round two and didn’t. Maybe Tavares should get some credit for her defense.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:59 am
    Instructor

koolpaw wrote:
    wow Pic on GBR of Ginele`s Suplex !

I just saw this series of pics and my exact thought was BRUTAL! Man, that is sweet!

koolpaw
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:19 am

The founder of SmackGirl

Last edited by koolpaw on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

frankp316
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:38 pm

He’s not the founder. He’s one of the new owners. Maybe he should pay more attention to Smackgirl and stop losing so much money playing poker.

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:06 pm
    Pro Fighter

Ginnelle ALWAYS has the cutest outfits to fight in… Makes me jealous. My manager got my shorts together for my last fight and I some how ended up getting these huge board shorts (last minute day of airmailed to the hotel of course), way too big for me, with a SERIOUS PIMP patch sewn across the crotch.

Josh Barnett
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:19 pm
    Pro Fighter

MNkkgMMA wrote:
    Ginnelle ALWAYS has the cutest outfits to fight in… Makes me jealous. My manager got my shorts together for my last fight and I some how ended up getting these huge board shorts (last minute day of airmailed to the hotel of course), way too big for me, with a SERIOUS PIMP patch sewn across the crotch.
    LOL.

Since you bring it up I’ll speak up on this…I take a hand in helping my female athletes have cute/nice ring attire. I can put together outfits…I am not ashamed to say it! Of course the fighter has a part in it but I do put a good amount of thought into it. I guess I should thank Shannon for watching all those fashion shows!

Ginele’s shrts are from her sponsor, Hurley. They have lots of great shorts to choose from and with some simple alterations they are perfect for fighting in.

Shayna’s trunks are custom designed by myself/Graphic Ink/Hitman Fightgear. She likes Black/Red and I hope we can put some new stuff together for her next fight.

Outside the ring Sinful has been great in keeping them looking good for everyday.

Trunks for women take more effort to put together but its worth it when you can step in the ring confident in your appearence and in expressing who you are to the world. That’s why I do custom trunks for myself.

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:01 pm

Josh Barnett wrote:
    MNkkgMMA wrote:
    LOL.

Since you bring it up I’ll speak up on this…I take a hand in helping my female athletes have cute/nice ring attire. I can put together outfits…I am not ashamed to say it! Of course the fighter has a part in it but I do put a good amount of thought into it. I guess I should thank Shannon for watching all those fashion shows!

Ginele’s shrts are from her sponsor, Hurley. They have lots of great shorts to choose from and with some simple alterations they are perfect for fighting in.

Shayna’s trunks are custom designed by myself/Graphic Ink/Hitman Fightgear. She likes Black/Red and I hope we can put some new stuff together for her next fight.

Outside the ring Sinful has been great in keeping them looking good for everyday.

Trunks for women take more effort to put together but its worth it when you can step in the ring confident in your appearence and in expressing who you are to the world. That’s why I do custom trunks for myself.
    Do you do GSP’s tighty whities too 🙂 ?

MNkkgMMA
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:09 pm
    Pro Fighter

😳 mmmmm 😳 I heart GSP like whoa!

It was almost worse than the serious pimp patch on my who-ha, for a while there I though I was going to have to fight on Bodog when they were on ION with a condomcity.com logo all the way across my ass

Anyone else had some or almost had some sponsor names they woulda preferred not to display?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?