So Cal Open Mat – Sunday, May 30th

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

alicia
    Post subject: So Cal Open Mat – Sunday, May 30thPostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:33 pm

It’s been a while, but we’re finally having another Women’s Open Mat. It’ll be on Sunday, May 30th at 1:00 pm at Machado Jiu Jitsu, 426 South Gaffey St, San Pedro.

Let me know if you plan on coming, or just show up! I’m trying to get more girls there this time (our 1st one had 4). Email me  if you need more info.

Thanks & hope to see some of you there!!

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:45 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Alicia
    I was wondering if next time I might be able to meet with you all to take some pictures and do some interviews…. I promise not to bug you guys all day …….
    Thanks
    Chad

alicia
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:54 pm

Absolutely! I doubt anyone would mind. I have a nice new shiner, so it’s cool that you won’t be at this one to take pics! 😉

Kaligal
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:46 pm

Alicia,

So I take it…you do this on a regular basis? I can’t this weekend…with the holiday, but would love to another time!

Karla

alicia
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:26 am

Hi Karla –

We’ve been trying to do it once a month – it just depends on everyone’s schedules. Some of us are getting ready for Joe Moreira’s no-gi tourney in July, so I know we’ll have at least one more sometime in June. I’ll let you know when we have the actual date. Hope to see you there!

-Alicia

Kaligal
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:12 am

Really! Joe told me about the tourney last friday. It is great to hear that other women are going to be there too! 😆 It would be the first one for me of course…but I’m doing it. You gotta start some day 8)

Karla

alicia
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:26 am

Do you have any more info on the tourney? I just know the date so far. Can we start registering for it yet?

Do you train under Joe? I was at Joe’s gi tourney in February. There weren’t many girls, but I’m trying to get more to come to this one.

Yes, you need to just jump in there & do it!! Congrats on making the commitment – once you start you’ll be hooked!! 😉

Kaligal
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:03 am

Alicia-

I live on the Central Coast but go down south to OC a lot because that is where I’m from, I have family there and to train. There is NO bjj here…so I train under Joe and his black belts down in Orange County when I can. I have only been doing bjj for a few months because I have always been really into stand up.

All he said it is July 10th in Alicia Viejo…my tourney…you need to be there…but Debi also has it on her Calendar page. It isn’t time to register yet, but I will find out what his plans are on that one.

Karla

ttt—lets get more ladies there! :mrgreen:

alicia
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:10 am

That’s cool! I’m under Roy Harris (a BB under Joe). Joe has invited me to stop by his school sometime to train, I just haven’t made it up there yet. 🙁

I posted what I knew about it on Debi’s calendar page. When you have more info please let me know!

Thanks!

-Alicia

Kaligal
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:19 am

I will let you and everyone here know as soon as I find out anymore info.

What is the status on the Open mat tomorrow? 😀

Karla

alicia
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:49 am

Thanks Karla!

As of right now, I’m pretty sure Cindy Magdalena will be there (I think she’s bringing someone with her too), Coryell Holmes is trying to come, and Gazzy Parman should be there too. Besides them, myself and Allison Padilla I’m not sure who else is coming.

-Alicia

alicia
    Post subject: Open Mat MOVED to June 6thPostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:31 pm

CHANGE OF PLANS!!

Because of the holiday weekend a few girls I’ve talked to are going to be out of town this Sunday (as well as the girl who’s opening up her school to us). So…. we’re changing the open mat date to next Sunday, June 6th at 1:00pm. Also, just so you know, gi is optional. Most of the upcoming tournaments are no-gi, so we’ll be focusing on that.

I hope this doesn’t screw up anyone’s plans, and I’m very sorry if it does.

Please contact me if you have any questions. Thanks!

P.S. Chad: are you able to make it to this one? Let me know if you can. Thanks![/b]

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:03 pm

Alicia,

Let me know were it is going to be and a time………… I would like to get some pictures and interviews for the site..
    Thanks
    Chad

alicia
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:10 pm

Chad: I’m getting an error message when I try to reply to your pm….

It’ll be next Sunday (the 6th) at 1:00 pm at the same place – Paulo Guillobel’s school in San Pedro. The address is 426 South Gaffey St. There’s a “Machado” sign out front -parking is in the back. Email me at aliciaanthony@cox.net – I’ll send you my cell # in case you need help finding the place. Hope to see you there!

-Alicia

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:51 am

Alicia,
    I have your pm message with your cell # so I will see everyone there….

Thanks again
    Chad

alicia
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:41 am

Great! See you next Sunday Chad!

-Alicia

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:16 am

Awesome day for the open mat!!!! I hope we can assume everything is still a go????????????

I will seee everyone there..

Chad

alicia
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:18 am

Hey Chad –

Everything’s a go!! I know of 3 confirmed girls that will be there, possibly 4, but they’re just the ones I’ve heard back from. Maybe there will be more that will surprise us and just show up (I hope!) 🙂 See ya in a bit.

-Alicia

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?