This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Queenpearl
    Post subject: Sponsors Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:05 am

I was just wondering, how do you girls find sponsors? Whick kind of companies do you approach, and how do you “sell yourself” to them?

I train BJJ/SW, and live in Copenhagen, Denmark, and I have managed to get a webshop selling supplements to sponsor me with their products, but I need to find a sponsor to cover my transportation costs. I’ve been travelling a lot to BJJ/SW competitions in other countries (Denmark isn’t very big!), but it costs money. My aim is to find some money to be able to go to Mundials in LA this year.

Anyone got any ideas?

foxylicious
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:29 pm

You may try contacting some of the fightwear/gear lines and asking them for cash sponsorship in exchange for wearing their logo at your competitions. You can approach just about any major business or small companies as well and ask, it’s good advertising for them. You may not get a lot of cash if your competitions aren’t televised but every little bit helps I guess.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:36 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Good managers find you sponsors!!!!

Queenpearl
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:46 pm

I’m fighting out of a non-profit club running only on people’s good will and spare time. It’s nothing to do with the quality of the club, but here in Denmark most sports activities and clubs have traditionally always been run on a non-profit basis, which is a shame, because there are some people who deserve to be able to earn a little cash, but it’s just hard to make that happen.

Basically what I’m saying is – I’m self-managed 😉

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?