Support the Sport

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

larsenator
    Post subject: Support the Sport PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:40 pm

Hey you tough girls. Check out my new project and help support the sport like Debi did and hopefully our beloved sports can grow even bigger.

http://www.fightergirls.com

Last edited by larsenator on Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

larsenator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:43 am

Visitors in two weeks has just exceeded 160,000 and Debis profile is the most viewed one! 😆

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:39 am
    Instructor

Good looking site.

larsenator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:14 pm

Thanks Rikki. 😀

larsenator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:09 am

It is funny the way some people look at the fact that a small fee is necessary.

A lot of professional fighters are completely unknown by match makers / promoters around the world and when they need fighters for an event it is the hardest job of them all. There simply isn’t NOWHERE to turn to for help – it’s not like we have the Yellow Pages of pro fighters somewhere right.

But if you pay a small fee you can have a profile on http://www.fightergirls.com The lowest possible fight purse paid to for example an A-class Muaythai fighter is many times higher than what I charge.
    Actually as a fighter you don’t even have to pay for the profile your self. If you have or get a sponsor – doesn’t have to be a big one, they can pay for the profile. The fee gets them a web banner (advertising) in the profile and they will enhance the web trafic on their own web site. Getting a web banner on the internet for four months for 30 Euros is VERY cheap.

And yes I would like to make money on this service – that is no secret. It is time for the full contact martial arts to become professional in the marketing department too. Money makes the world go around – we can not change that. But if we want our beloved sports to grow we need to market the fighters, market the events (this is already done – is that also wrong. I mean promoters actually charge you at the entrance!?), market the gyms, market different services etc.

Running a web site that enables promoters world wide to get in touch with pro fighters of all levels in different disciplines is not free but the value for the fighters, the promoters and in the end the fans is VAST!

Let’s try to look forward and see money as a positive thing that can do a lot of good things and let’s all use AllProFighters.com so the up and coming fighters with only one or two pro fights can get international fights and more money for their efforts. (At the end of the day the fighters will be making a lot more money than I will and this is the way it should be!).

Tim Osborne
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:16 am

Hey Lars..

Great site.. and great idea..

I think you have every right to charge a nominal fee.. it is not free to host a site, and certainly involves labor hours.

I for one would be interested in learning how much traffic your site gets and what you are doing to spread the word of the site in terms of advertising and getting it in front of promoters..

This will help weigh out the “worth the cost” to list fighters on your site.

larsenator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:40 am

Hey Tim.

I am an ex-fighter my self and have a huge world wide network. You can read a bit about me here:

http://www.fightergirls.com

people I know are SOOOOOOO supportive of AllProFighters.com. Just take Cung Le and Debi Purcel or the huge European Thai- & Kickbox promotion “Thai- & Kickbox SuperLeague”. They advertise to support the sports for free – actually K-1 Scandinavia is helping me out quite good too.

As we are speaking an American male kickboxer just signed up! 🙂

Maybe I have to be a bit more patient! LOL! 🙂

Respect

Thomas Larsen

larsenator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:34 am

A quick update for the fans.

http://www.fightergirls.com been on-line for four weeks now. Within that time more than 250.000 visitors have checked out the site and two new Swedish K-1 fighters have signed up due to a partnership with Innuendo Management, the company that promotes the WMC Explosions and K-1 Scandinavia events in Sweden.

Right now I have four new fighters signed up. Final details are awaited and as soon as formalities are set they will be on-line. One is Dutch, one is Australian and the two others are from the US of A!

I got a call the other day from a fighter in Iran who runs his own gym. He used to live in Australia and has actually promoted there bringing in fighters from Denmark – we actually have mutual friends! He will come to Denmark soon and we will negotiate about managing and promoting Iranian fighters.

An exclusive agent for Thailand and Brazil is found and contracts needs to be made up (this is up to me) in order to ROCK N’ ROLL.

I am also seriously considering translating everything on the site to these languages:

1) Russian,
    2) Thai,
    3) Portuguese,
    4) French and
    5) Japanese.

This should hopefully enable the fighters and managers from these countries to fully understand and appreciate the concept of http://www.fightergirls.com I think that is all for now. Thank you everybody for your support – it is REALLY appreciated.

Yours in full contact martial arts

Thomas Larsen
    +45 20 81 91 02

larsenator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:08 am

Come on tough girls. Talk to your sponsors / get a sponsor and have them pay for your proifle on AllProFighters.com – they get a web banner in your profile – it’s included.
    We need some girls in the database so the match makers around the world can have female fighters on the card as well. 🙂

ixion
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:24 am

Good looking site but seems to lack in content. The one link that seems to be worth the view for a visitor is the fighters link. Once there it seems to just repeat the same faces over and over. First few pictures are repeated pictures of Debi and Minotauro. I love looking at Debi as much as the next guy, but maybe you should keep fighters in one or two categories. You may wish to look into adding more content to the site though. Perhaps more details about the fighters or interviews or more photos. Just to get people interested in returning visits. Returning visits tend to get people to pass around the link more and of course that leads to more fighters signing up.

Just some ideas. Site is well designed (I do website design for hobby) and has potential. Add more content and I’ll be signed up and pass the word to other fighters I know.

larsenator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:03 am

Thank you very much for your feed back – it is really appreciated. 🙂

Well the idea is a kind of yellow pages for match makers and promoters and NOT a website with interviews, fight reports or anything else. Just a database for match makers/promoters so they can actually get fighters from outside their personal network to come and fight at their shows.

About the faces being repeated I can see your point and I will change that very soon so that for example Debi is only in her main category (MMA).

larsenator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:58 am

Erik Marshall from USA and Tofan Pirani from Sweden have signed up. Both are looking for fights internationally and Mr. Pirani has just finished six weeks of hard training in Thailand where he also fought twice. Out of his last eleven fights he has won seven.
    You can find both fighters on http://www.fightergirls.com the Kickboxing section.

larsenator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:17 am

Twelve languages coming SOON! 🙂 Check it out: http://www.fightergirls.com I still need help with translation to Japanese and Thai. Anybody who can help please?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?