tag fights

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

bindy
    Post subject: tag fights PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:35 am

Hi
    id like to get some feedback on if tag fights are popular any-where else but NZ.
    We have about a 30/70 ratio of tags at each event,but dont see them mentioned here.
    Bindy

tofu
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:49 am

They do them sometimes in Japan but I’ve never seen any from other places.

bindy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:57 pm

Thanks for that.
    Are they not popular in the States,we have a DVD proposal on the table and in it they have asked for several tags, how do you think the public will react.
    Bindy

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:02 pm
    Pro Fighter

what is a tag fight?

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:26 pm

If I am not mistaken we had one here at HOOKnSHOOT it was a tag team submission. I thought that it went over very well. You just have to watch it closely and make sure that it doesn’t turn into a WWE thing. I really liked it though. You might want to check into it a little further.

bindy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:33 pm

Yeah a tag fight is when you have a team mate you can tag in and out of the ring, we do them all the time here and they are really popular with our crowds.
    But i wanted feedback to see if they were popular elsewhere.
    They tend to be faster paced as the fighters get a breather when their mate is fighting, and the team member who is waiting is usually desperate to get in there and yelling pointers or instructions.
    I find it is a good way for new fighters to ease into things as if they are nervous they arnt out there alone.
    Also if fitness level isnt as goo as it should be (e.g after injury) then it also helps restore confidence.
    Thanks for your feedback,it all helps get a better picture of things.
    Bindy

jrewing
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:47 am

Someone apparently had created a poll about bindy’s question, but it disappeared right after it was posted here:

http://www.fightergirls.com

Last edited by jrewing on Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

bindy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:42 pm

Thanks for the poll,im still learning to use this site,but will be really interested in the outcome to this question as it is a big part of what we do here downunder.
    We had a tag on the week-end at a kickboxing comp and the crowd went mentle,it was a great fight though with a surprising outcome.

The two younger lighter fighters beat the club champs,i was their corner gaurd and we had a great plan…….i think the girls are still on cloud nine, and i havent got my voice back.

Thanks again Bindy

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:57 pm
    Pro Fighter

i just did a tag team submission match for exhibition at some show because not that many people showed up and they wanted to keep the crowd entertained. my boyfriend and i were a team versus two other guys from our team, one from the columbus school and one from the west virginia school. everyone kept yelling “let the girl fight!!!!” so josh tagged me in and i lasted about a minute, i had jamie tapping on a guillotine choke but he tagged sal in and they sat on me long enough to arm triangle me. youre allowed 5 seconds of both team members in the ring so if youre close to the other teams corner things can get ugly. it was fun though, and josh avenged me.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:08 am

I think it funny to watch!
    What rules did you have Bindy?
    Groundstriking on head allowed or 30 seconds count standing up again?

bindy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:31 pm

Thanks for your experiences.
    I think it must have been hard if the tag was both male and female,i can get points on joe average male but guys that know what they are doing have strength and skill………good on you for trying.
    Some of my team have fought media people (males) just to prove they could beat them and that fighting this way can be a form of selfdefence.
    Also to show women can defend themselves against men.
    But never has it been guys who were fighters it was more a smart arse reporter getting what was comin to him.

Rules in usuall tag fights are 4 or more fighters…..some-times six.
    Same rules apply as in normal fights……e.g no eye gouging,no pressure points above the neck,all chokes accepted,any form of takedown.
    If you are under the ropes restart (stand restart imedietly) only hold each position 20 seconds if you cant get the tap then must change.

Tags are a big pert of what we have done and seem to be really popular, it is just interesting to know how people outside of NZ see it.

Thanks guys

Icedog
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:57 am

I’ve never heard of tag team MMA in North America, but I have heard of tag team women’s toughwoman contest in North America. It was up in British Columbia, if I remember right, possibly at Nanaimo. There used to be two sisters in Canada who fought as a tag team in toughwoman contests.

bindy
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:40 am

Hey thanks, if you have any info on how i can find them that would be great thanks for the info

Bindy

http://www.fightergirls.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?