Tanya Vlahac – Remembering her

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

peak
    Post subject: Tanya Vlahac – Remembering her. Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:10 am

Remembering my friend Tanya Vlahac.

Tanya died on March 20, 2007.

I remember when she first started training with me at 38 years old. At just over 5’4″ she weighed over 200 lbs.

I remember her wanting to have one pro fight. She was 44 years old at that time. I thought she was nuts but I called around anyways. I was sure I could have gotten her something in a small show against a first time fighter.

I remember her asking me who was the best at the time. I said probably Judy Neff.

I remember her being stubborn and wanting to fight her.

I remember the promoter’s voice when I called and asked if Tanya could fight Judy.

I remember her going the distance and the smile she had at the end of that fight!

I remember her leaving a check for the amount of the airfare and hotel when she couldn’t fight because of an injury. She said that she was a professional and she wouldn’t except any form of payment for a job that she didn’t do.

I remember the tears in the oncologist’s eyes when he came in to give her the news and she put her hands up in a fighting position.

I remember finally knowing the meaning of the saying The worth of a person isn’t measured in how they lived but it is measured in how they die.â€

XcashXmoneyX
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:56 am
    Pro Fighter

i never got the chance to know tanya that personally but i have always deeply admired her and i admit that i cried quite a bit at the news of her passing. i tell her story often, and i always choke up.

even though my better half has always been nervous about me returning to the sport, i have always told him:

“if tanya had the chance to do it again, i know she would.” everytime i think about hanging it up for good, shes on my mind.

that’s the absolute truth.

its unfortunate to think about her, and even shelby, never getting that chance again. but, i have to say that i truly believe that tanya impacted so many lives in such a way that she couldnt possibly have understood. in this way she is still alive and inspiring others. i hope she continues to serve as a reminder of what it truly means to strive for perfection in all that we do, because ill never forget her.

thanks for posting that, even though im ill weepy now.

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:33 am
    Fightergirls elite poster

definitely, Tanya was in that group of the true pioneers that I know myself and many other young fighters have been inspired by. remember seeing her in the beginning HnS cards and at her age, with that level of conditioning and her attitude exuded determination and pure class…

r.i.p Tanya….

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:55 am
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

HI Pete,
    I am sad today. I woke up remembering this also. Tanya was one of the nicest people I have ever known and one of my biggest inspirations ever. She lives on in my heart and in things I do.

Thanks for everything you and she have done for us

HUGS
    Deb

hummingbird
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:01 am

I met Tanya a few years back when I started participating in a kick boxing class she taught. I was so impressed with her as a martial artist and as a person I enrolled my two girls in her ground class. After a few months Tanya convinced me to enroll as well. I had the privilege to train with Tanya before her death.

With Tanya as an inspiration, I got the confidence to turn my life around. I stopped some bad habits, lost over 50 pounds, left an abusive 18 year relationship and started a new life with my two daughters. I continue to train under Pete and look forward to my first fight in the near future.

Tanya had a lot to teach us and is an inspiration to us all. I am still learning from her. Where ever Tanya is, I bet she is kicking some ass.

Lisa Tanguay

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:50 pm
    Pro Fighter

I remember Tanya. I think about her a lot actually Pete. I tell her story to many people. She was and continues to be a true inspiration. Even in her passing she still continues to influence myself and others by the example that she lead.

RIP Tanya, we miss you. Gone but NEVER forgotten

Sako
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:58 pm

RIP Tonya

peak
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:06 am

Thanks everyone for all the classy replies…

It meant a lot to me.

Molly, Tanya would have loved to see you fight here in Ottawa/Hull. Good luck, I am know Tanya will be in your corner!

Pete

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?