Tara LaRosa needs our thoughts and prayers

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

ShdwPrwler
    Post subject: Tara LaRosa needs our thoughts and prayers Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:25 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

This was posted by Tara on the MySpace bulletin board.

>>>>
    I don’t know how to write this.

I talked to Adrian, my boyfriend, on Monday August 20th. He was giving me grief about not doing enough cardio, we talked about what we would do when he got home. I told him my intenerary for the coming weeks. I gave him shit for being short, he gave me shit for not being able to tap him in close to 2 years. I told him I had been playing with playing with the rubber guard, and that I was working on adding the twister into my arsenal… to which he replied “that’s great, but you have to get me to the ground first.” …LOL he’s a really good wrestler, greco mainly. He had to go, someone in the background needed help with something, he’d call again later in the week.

My boyfriend, SFC Adrian M Elizalde was killed when an IED hit his truck on Thursday August, 23rd. He was 30 years old.

I found out at 3:30pm PST on Friday, 24th. I was in my hotel room in Vancouver, Bodog had brought me up to do some promo stuff and commentary for the season 6 shoot. For those of you that were up there, this is why I had sunglasses on thoughout the fights, and why I would get up and leave periodically. The only people that knew were Jessica Aguillar, who had been 3 doors down and found me in a heap on the floor of my hotel room, and the staff. I didn’t want any of the fighters to know, I didn’t want anyone upset or distracted in any way before their fights.

Adrian was my hero in so many different ways. I used to tell him he was “my superman.” Adrian meant so much to me, I loved him so much. He was everything I had ever wanted….. I had hoped we’d spend a lifetime together.

-Tara LaRosa
    <<<<

cosmic
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:49 pm

thats terrible. my thoughts go out to Tara. i can’t imagine what she must be going through.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:41 am

This is really horrible news…. I am sorry Tara!
    Chad

Ruby
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:34 pm

I dont have the words to express my empathy. I am so sorry for your loss Tara

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:16 am
    Pro Fighter

I’m praying for ya lady!

BrawlerBitch
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:54 pm

oh man 🙁

derUbermensc
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 am

As a fan of the sport, I hope this doesn’t entrench itself too deep mentally, but how can one not feel torn at their very fabric?

GFC
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:18 am

i had already written this to tara but wanted to repost here as well, i think it’s important for as many to realize that as great as our country is, and as noble and just our cause is in fighting terrorism, our government is far from perfect, and adrian and many other loved ones could/should still be with us…

Aug 28 2007 2:41A

tara, extremely sorry to hear about what happened.
    you have had so many losses in such a short period of time.
    just remember to stay strong in their memory
    as i’m sure they would not want you to be in any pain, as hard that it is.
    those who live in the hearts of others never die.
    my bf is a marine and we have lost 13
    friends since the war started.

sorry to say but i do blame our
    government for not protecting our troops:
    IEDs cause 70% of all U.S. casualties in Iraq, Pentagon records show.

keeping you in our thoughts during
    this difficult time..

~Lisa

koolpaw
    Post subject: You wanna know what tough is? by Ian WalkerPostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:56 pm

there was an article for Tara Larosa on The Vancouver Sun by Ian Walker.

Paul Lazenby has also quoted on his blog

—-
    You wanna know what tough is? Tough isn’t screaming like a B-movie actress as your elbow is bent back like a chicken wing; sputtering like Sylvester The Cat as you’re being choked almost to the point of unconsciousness; nor is it one’s vision turning grey and head the colour of a ripe plum after getting caught in yet another submission hold.

You wanna know what tough is? Tough is losing your long-time boyfriend to a war halfway across the world yet refusing to feel sorry for yourself. Tough is picking your lifeless body up off the floor after hearing the devastating news and and fulfilling professional obligations. Tough is living with the fact you never got to say that last “I love you.”

You wanna know what tough is? Tough is Tara Larosa.

—-
    Turns out Larosa told very few about her loss. In fact, the only people that knew were fellow fighter Jessica Aguilar, “who had been three doors down and found me in a heap on the floor of my hotel room” and bodogFight staff.

“I didn’t want any of the fighters to know,” she writes. “I didn’t want anyone upset or distracted in any way before their fights.”

You want to know what tough is? Tough is thinking of others before yourself.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?