the amanda buckner school?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

flyguy
    Post subject: the amanda buckner school? Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:21 am

Found this on the nagafighter results page.

Havent heard of “acadmey of MMA”

Any news on this or the other fighters/schools mentioned by nagafighter?

rebekah
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:26 am

Here is a link to AMMA’s site:

I hope to visit when I vacation home to Maine in July!!!

starbellykeith
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:09 pm

Jay Jack is the Ring Of Fire champion at I believe 170 but may have that weight wrong. He and Amanda trained in CO around the time she beat Christine Van Fleet in UA 3 and moved to the East Coast something like a year ago. ADCC News archive has a couple pieces on Amanda where she talks about it. I hear great things about their gym from the Team Elite guys with whom Jay and Amanda have trained.

(a) I don’t train and (b) I haven’t made it to any grappling shows in something like two years but back then the teams I noticed were Team Renzo Gracie (on that page tied for 20th place), Team Tiger Schulmann, and Tai Kai (tied for 32nd). Keep in mind the usual complaint regarding total team points back then was it is usually more of an indication of how many people showed up representing that team than who the best team actually was from a statistical point of view. I’m more interested to see a team’s total points divided by amount of participants or highest scoring competitors.

KM

rebekah
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:51 am

Back from Maine and visited Amanda and Jay’s school. My husband and I met and talked with both Amanda and Jay. All I can say is wow! Both are totally cool, down-to-earth people and it was a real pleasure meeting them. We had decided not to train on our vacation but next time I visit home I definately plan to train with them. If you are ever in the area stop in for some kick-ass training! What I liked most about their school was that it has this really great gym atmosphere and a real welcoming environment.

Thanks Amanday and Jay!

Peace,
    Rebekah

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:13 pm

You didn’t take any pictures of the gym, did ya?
    I like seeing different examples of gym layouts.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?