This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

lynn2fight
    Post subject: the forumPostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:43 pm

let me just say that in the past, this forum has been helpful, and inspiring to me. all of you women out there have helped me keep fighting in times of great trial. i will always love and respect you for that. however, there are some elements of this forum that are unecessary. i would ask that you please leave. people that ” adjust their shorts” when erin announces a fight are not productive at all. yes, fiight4you, i mean you, and others. i am a womam who has visited this site to get insight on practical matters (what to do with my long hair? what to wear?) and news about events. I have even visited for practical info (ummm….hot to date a guy in your gym?) in which guys have provided good information, like brian (i think you are knockout2 now, or something). but, asking about injuries i have sustained/inflicted or flirting with me are not at all productive. so, even though this is not my forum, and i am sad to have to do this, i am asking: anyone who does not have good information/advice/stories to help women fighters, please, please! let us alone. this is a great source of inspiration for us women fighters, and, though i am not yet a professional, i know of many who have drifted from it because of the male hijackings. let me again say that some male comments are more than welcome. but others, like “what injuries have you caused?” serve no purpose to women, and, as such are just men trolling for some sort of pleasure.

i am sincerely sorry for having gone on for so long. i simply love what this has place has done for me, and thought it my responsibility to respond to recent happenings.

Report this post Post details Warn user Delete post
    Top E-mail Edit post Reply with quote

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:41 am

On the same note, it would be really cool to see the forum split up on the main page so that there was perhaps a section where people could post about events, then another for advice, etc. It would make accessing what each person needs easier, particularly as this site seems to be getting more and more traffic (not to mention messages).

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:03 am

Well, i have now recovered from the slaps upon my head and shoulders. Couple of responses.

First off, I agree that the ‘whizzing” match between myself and knockout, scarce etc. were unnecessary and regrettable. As a result, I offer apologies for my part and I am not responding to that bait in the future. I find this forum interesting because of the thoughts and experiences of the women herein. There are millions of websites to hear the same from the XX chromosome bunch.

Regarding the ‘short adjustment” crack, well it was in response to Erins’ fiesty, extroverted and in-your-face personality and posts – both of which are attractive are fun. In fact Erin, and other females on the forum, admitted that she gets a buzz from watching guys fight as well so……

Seeing Erins’ website/pics as well as some from Debi and Shannon Logan and others – ‘short adjustments” are not a unique or, apparently, an un-surprising response. Few of those pics are in “full gi”, don’t you know. By the looks of several female fighters’ published sites/photos, they are not trying to come off as some ascetic martial arts monk from the steppes of Tibet.

There is the irony that such a response is bothersome in an event that is well, primal, in its’ origin, promotion and appeal. Female NHB is not, well, tennis. The whole ‘no rule’ fight-in-a-cage-in-a-rented-hall-somewhere is not necessarily the thing that directs one to consider a participants’ higher spiritual/intellectual attributes.

I doubt many in the crowd (as well as the skinheaded, heavily tatooed male fighters in attendance) are there for a discussion of feminine perspective on the general theory of relativity. I mean, the purpose of the event-in-question was one that was illegal in about 40 states just 5 years ago, so let’s keep in mind what parts of the brainpan are awakened here.

Nonetheless, your point is well taken and will be respected from this quarter.

Regarding males leaving the forum just to the females. Isn’t there a bit of irony to that, since the females are choosing to enter into a traditionally male pursuit?

Regarding the injury question. I don’t know about others, but the purpose of that question was not fetishistic. It was reality-based. The regular effect (if not the sometimes intent) of this pursuit is to risk injury in the pursuit of inflicting it on someone else. Keeping the real-world effect of what is essentially a hobby for many here, is not a bad thing to keep in mind.

So – this is a females’ forum. I find it interesting and entertaining and I consider myself respectfully a guest.

Can I stop ducking now?

Robert

Last edited by fight4you on Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:58 am

“in which guys have provided good information, like brian (i think you are knockout2 now, or something).”

Thank you, Lynn.
    That means a lot to me.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:04 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Members can feel free to PM debi or myself at any time.. I am sorry that this has happened and will try to watch closer next time..

Debi is training for a big fight soon so if she does not reply right away this is the reason.

Chad

Report this post Post details Delete post

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:25 am

Robert, those are fair arguments, respect!

Anystylist
    Post subject: Kudos to Robert. Topics and responses. Forum divisionsPostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:11 pm

First, I was impressed by fight4you’s post–way to go, Robert. It just shows that you can’t always judge someone by a single thread…

Which leads to the next point–the quality of responses is not necessarily related to the quality of the topics posted. A perfectly serious post about an upcoming match could easily degenerate into utterly useless name calling. On the other hand, we could see very insightful and useful replies on even the most wildly controversial and outrageous topics (death matches? naked mixed-gender smile submission wrestling? do kung-fu sound effects distract opponents?)

Memo to Chad/Debi: a couple of broad forum categories wouldn’t be a bad idea. I’d suggest 5: (1) pro/amateur fights or tournaments that are coming or have already occurred, (2) techniques and training tips, (3) school critiques and places to train, (4) people seeking other people for training, matches, or anything else MMA related, and (5) the general issues board. You always had #5 and I see you’ve added #3, so just do #1,2,and 4, and you’re set.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:23 pm
    Pro Fighter

I’m impressed by everybody’s response here! I think the people here, male or female, make comments that are 10 times as intellegent than the average (no offense) male dominated message board. LOL *coughmma.tvcough* Just kidding, I love The Underground and skim it everyday. Everyone else should check it out.

I like how a new main forum was added. I was just about to suggest something, actually (really!) and was excited to see a new forum. Let’s see…. what else. Maybe ‘actual technique’ forum, or ‘training advice’ or like someone else said, ‘the competition’ forum where people post about upcoming events, maybe ‘need a fighter’ post. This could become the place where the world gets in touch with female fighters. Also results and stuff like that. then maybe a ‘health etc’ forum?

and it’d be really cool to be able to have an avatar……I would like to upload my own!

lynn2fight
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:54 pm

all of these posts were very good. i don’t mean that anyone should leave or anything, and it is good that no one has. robert, your response was most welcome. all i ask, and i think many do as well, is that we all (male and female) ask “how will this help the spirit of the forum?” before we post. if we do that, then it is all good. i love everyone that helps me get motivated, to train, to help others and keep my head in the game. i truely do. please, let us keep this thing going, it means so much to so many women. you must be so proud, debi.

lynn2fight
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:16 pm

um, didn”t mean to cut off my first reply…damn computer! my first message, to start this thread was really angry, and i would like to apologize for that. especially to robert who, even though i dislike some of his posts, i unfairly singled out.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:27 pm

Hey Lynn. i disliked some of my posts. it’s easy to type out a smart-assed reply. i do hope my long-winded response to your valid complaints made sense.

robert

dl_angel
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:00 am

On another note, I believe if those separate sections are made that old posts can be moved to their relevent areas.

chad
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:53 am

I had tried to split the forum up about a year ago.. Most people did not like it or want to post in the other topics due to the lower amout of traffic in the other topics. I see Debi has added one for you lets see how that goes.

Chad

Report this post Post details Delete post

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:40 am

dl_angel wrote:
    On the same note, it would be really cool to see the forum split up on the main page so that there was perhaps a section where people could post about events, then another for advice, etc. It would make accessing what each person needs easier, particularly as this site seems to be getting more and more traffic (not to mention messages).

Good idea.

The IKF Message Board revamped its site, providing categories that members can post under, like events, non-kickboxing topics and the like. At first, too many topics became problematic, so they were condensed.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:05 pm
    Pro Fighter

chad wrote:
    I had tried to split the forum up about a year ago.. Most people did not like it or want to post in the other topics due to the lower amout of traffic in the other topics. I see Debi has added one for you lets see how that goes.

Chad

I think that the ‘places to train’ is a great idea but won’t necessarily get high traffic just because there’s no real room for discussion on the topic. But I’m glad it’s there and I hope to see more soon! I had some suggestions upward.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?