The Great Lakes Judo Championship

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Lil Katai
    Post subject: The Great Lakes Judo ChampionshipsPostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:37 pm
    Pro Fighter

This past weekend, 10/03/04, I was in Ypisy, MI fighting in a judo tournament. The Great Lakes Judo Championships. I haven’t put the gi on or fought judo in two years. I decided that I wanted to do it again and get back into it to help out the rest of my training. SO, I didn’t train at all for this tournament. Didn’t even put my gi on until it was time for me to fight. I was sleeping in the bleachers all up until they called my name to the mats. I went out there and was not nervous at all. I fought in the womens brown/black belt division at 142lbs.

My first match was right around a minute long. She tried taking me down but I came out the back side, got rear mount and choked her till she tapped. I won. My second match was almost the same thing, just a little different. :0P My second match I came out and again, she tried to throw me and I came out the back side and got rear mount again. This time the choke was not open so I switched over to an arm bar and held on. I flipped her over so she was on her back and started wrenching away to break her arms free. Once I got them free, she flipped over and I went belly down arm bar and she tapped … leaving me with once again the 1st place victory. 4 fights, 4 wins, in 2 weeks, 2 medals and 1 champion. :0)
    Next fight will be with the Hook n Shoot promotion in Evensville, IN on November 7th. The name of the event is “Last Women Standing” Looking forward to going after some really good compition. 😀

Olga
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:39 am

That’s awsome news!! Congratulations!

Good luck at HnS! 😀

Olga

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:03 pm
    Pro Fighter

Thanks Olga!! 😀

voly
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:38 am

Isn’t that accomplishment probably unprecedented, or close to it? Away from judo for a long time and then entering a tournament and tapping out the brown belt or black belt opponents.

Apparently Lil Katai is truly proficient at tapping people out – particularly with chokes perhaps. Ever happen to choke an opponent unconscious?

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:04 pm
    Pro Fighter

“Ever happen to choke an opponent unconscious?”

Actually, yes I have. That’s what happens when people refuse to tap in a tournament.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:13 am

and how many have difficulty ‘comg to’?

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:37 am
    Pro Fighter

Only choked one compleyelt out and she came too. She was on the mat for about 10 mins, but she was ok in the end.

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:02 am

she was out for 10 minutes?

that seems ripe for a tragic end

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:40 am
    Pro Fighter

No, she wasnt out that long but she stayed on the mat for about that long before they stood her up.

KnockOut2
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:02 pm

Marie “The Choke Mastah!” Colangelo

🙂

fight4you
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:44 pm

I understand that is a bit more dangerous for those in the West to experience than it is from the East. The surge of bloodflow after being choked out can dislodge arterial plaque which can cause all sorts of problems. Those from the East have a less fat-intensive diet, which makes that less of a problem. Good thing to consider when you think of apllying such a technique.

Lil Katai
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:13 pm
    Pro Fighter

huh??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?