“The Real Deal” Modafferi for UFC

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

http://www.fightergirls.com

Maulinator

Post subject: Roxanne “The Real Deal” Modafferi for UFC PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:24 pm
    Pro Fighter

If we are talking women in the UFC – she is IT. PERIOD. I’d like to see Rox fight Erica (if she could drop the weight) or Tara LaRosa in the UFC if anybody. She’s got my vote – anybody else?

Mandy_Aus
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:07 am

Roxy definately deserves to be in the UFC

Lets hope this actually happens one day 🙂

Termi1
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:26 am

Molly. I agree Roxi or Tara need to be in there. I think Erica would be great too. They just need a few weight divisions.

How’s training in hawaii? I have some friends over on the big island training now.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:46 am

Yes ofcourse, I would like to see other names too in the UFC.
    The names like Coenen,Toughill,Purcell,Howe.

But is it realistic and will it happen?
    I hope so and I’ve also heard some time ago about the “Women Pride Division”…
    But will it come off??
    When will Pride and UFC start with this, that’s the big question….

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:36 am

Dude… I love that! Roxanne “The REAL deal” Modaferri! There aren’t enough other women in Coenan and Toughill’s weight classes… bet you didn’t even know that they aren’t even the same weight class. Coenan is 155-ish and Toughill is like 165+. Besides, Toughill is retired from MMA (those were her words).

Roxi for UFC! Maybe a third match up with Jen? LOL.

Roxi and Erica would be an interesting matchup, both have excellent jiu-jitsu… one with the east coast style, the other with west coast style.
    Discuss!

🙂 😀 8)

Hook
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:37 am

Love it. Would love to see Roxy and Erica fight. Thought it was really interesting that someone else finally brought up what Ihad been thinking all along. Both are excellant ground experts and are great with takedowns. I was looking forward to seeing them fight in Last Woman Standing but it didn’t happen. This is a fight that I don’t see happening at this point though. But I can dream.

debi
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:56 pm
    Fightergirls Pro Fight Team

god you people are so slow. 😆

I told Rox she should try to get the Erica fight in the UFC months ago.

She unfortuntaly can not make 125 but I think Erica could come up to maybe 130. as I am pretty sure she cuts. I am also sure that Shebly is no longer looking to be matched up, so I would love for this fight to happen.

wrestleone
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:04 pm

How bout roxi vs larosa, roxi wins round 1. she is 2 strong on the ground for larosa

Rebel
    Post subject: How about: Erin Toughill for the UFCPostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:15 pm

Erin’s fighting ability is awesome and her rankings in MMA and boxing is pretty amazing. Her last MMA outing was very impressive.

Still the same problem arises – who will be her opponent?

Of course Roxy is also an excellent choice!

Rebel

Mandy_Aus
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:40 pm

I’d like to fight Erica one day, but i hardly think i’d be any match for her skills

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:40 am
    Pro Fighter

There aren’t enough other women in Coenan and Toughill’s weight classes… bet you didn’t even know that they aren’t even the same weight class. Coenan is 155-ish and Toughill is like 165+. Besides, Toughill is retired from MMA (those were her words).

Ms. Marlose was closer to 160 in that last show. Good thing you pointed that out though. I am “retired” because there’s no good competition for me. I wanted to fight the “best” and that was Marlose. She’s awesome.

There are definitely girls in my weight class – most are overseas though. I would love to rematch Irma though. She’s super tough. Just like boxing, there are more girls in the lower weight classes as well. That’s just how it is. If Pride or UFC was to have an MMA fight and they asked me – of course I would. I think Marlose and I could have another great fight. But other then that? There are more girls, better competition, better recognition and better money in the boxing. But MMA will always be my first love.

I do think Roxy and Tara would be a good fight. Seeing that Roxy beat Howe up TWICE – and Tara got beat up REAL bad by Howe. I recently watched the Howe/Tara fight and I must say that I am surprised the ref did not give you a standing 8 count when she first dropped you. He let it keep going and you hit the canvas a second and a third time and THEN he stopped it. That’s just how ppl can really get hurt. If it was not a big punch, I could understand. But it was a HUGE KO punch. I actually felt somewhat bad for you – just need to work on your defense more. Gotta be careful in there.

Erin T
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:43 am
    Pro Fighter

Also, I am glad you beat Megumi. I don’t know what this stigma was surrounding her like she was so good or something. She has no standup and shitty jiu jitsu. But her Judo IS top notch and she does have great takedowns. I think you can attest to that. Congrats.

She should just stick to pro wrestling.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:07 am

Jerzey wrote:
    There aren’t enough other women in Coenan and Toughill’s weight classes… bet you didn’t even know that they aren’t even the same weight class. Coenan is 155-ish and Toughill is like 165+. Besides, Toughill is retired from MMA (those were her words).

I know Marloes personally, so I know what I’m talking about LOL.
    No offence to you, Tara! 8)
    There is competition in every weightclass, in Europe there are a lot of unknown female fighters for example in Russia.

If Marloes and Erin and any other female fighter get the opportunity to fight in UFC, they should grab it!
    I can’t speak for Erin’s or any other fighter, and I completely understand her decision for a MMA retirement due too lack of opponents.

But it would be great to see woman MMA involve in UFC and Pride!

rebekah
    Post subject: Re: Roxanne “The Real Deal” Modafferi for UFCPostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:58 am

Maulinator wrote:
    If we are talking women in the UFC – she is IT. PERIOD. I’d like to see Rox fight Erica (if she could drop the weight) or Tara LaRosa in the UFC if anybody. She’s got my vote – anybody else?

I think Debi is it! I would prefer to see her in the UFC before anyone else! But since I’ve been waiting to see Debi vs. Howe for what seems like forever or even a Debi vs. D’August and Roxi has now beaten Howe twice and is getting ready to fight D’August I would be happy to see a Debi vs. Roxi matchup in the UFC or anywhere.

It would be nice if Erica moved up in weight to fight with all the other competition…there is just so many women at 135. In my opinion if the UFC is going to add women to the card it should be in the weightclass with the most competition.

Jerzey
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:03 am

“How bout roxi vs larosa, roxi wins round 1. she is 2 strong on the ground for larosa”

😕 I don’t know… I think it might take Roxi 2 rounds I’m a pain in the arse to submit, have you seen my fight with Linda? In Last Woman Standing Rox and I had a great match, she won 4-3… I had a catch, and she got my back. It would be an interesting match up no doubt.

Why would the UFC bring in someone from another country just to make one womens match in the states? Why wouldn’t they just use girls that came from a deep weight class like 135? That way they could continue making matchups without spending tons of money on over seas flights. American show, primarily US audience, why would you make your first womens match a US chic vs an out of towner? UNLESS …you were going to hold a show in another country like Japan, which had been rumored a while back… then, it would be plausable.

😕 😆 8)

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:51 pm
    Pro Fighter

That’s my dream, being in the UFC. I just made 133.5 lbs dehydrated today. I probably COULD go to 130….I would be a very cranky Roxy, though, Only for the UFC. I’d still be a lot bigger than Erica, though. I am naturally bigger and have like a head and some inches on her. But if I said THAT, that would be hypocritical because I like being the underdog myself. 🙂
    Thanks Molly. I like “the real deal” nickname, lol

I’d love to fight marleos, and may end up doing it in Japan someday since they fly her there sometimes. Has Erica trained a lot of kickboxing/stand up skills? I know she’s a BJJ brown belt…and at Hooknshoot she looked like she had stalking skills (well in muay thai it’s called stalking) but they circled each other a lot so I’m not sure what to make of her stand up.

Maulinator
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:15 pm
    Pro Fighter

Yeah, Tara and I debated over “The Real Deal” and “The Unlikely Hero”, but “The Real Deal” just flowed better! 🙂

The point is that I think you would be awsome in the UFC vs. ANYONE, and actually Debi would be a great matchup and closer to your size (well in weight that is – in pictures she’s a monster – and I mean that in the nicest possible way Debi :)) Also, you are a true inspiration and more importantly you really deserve to be there. There are many other ladies I could name that deserve to be there too, but I think you would be a great fight to watch.

greatlaughter
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:49 pm
    Pro Fighter

The Real Deal totally fits. You can’t pick it – it’s been picked for you.
    🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?