The Ultimate Fighter women’s div??

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chad Moechnig 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Chad Moechnig
    Keymaster

Rox21
    Post subject: The Ultimate Fighter women’s div?? PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:47 am
    Pro Fighter

No, there isn’t one yet, but what do you ladies and gents think of this thread on sherdog? I have mixed feelings, as you can tell from my post.

http://www.fightergirls.com

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:04 am

In mine experience 80-90% of the common sherdog posters are completly morrons. 😡
    Damn, what a old-fashion statemants there, that’s why I rather not post there.
    I can’t see any objective posts there in general.

I understand what you feel about this topic!

J
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:25 am

I don’t check out the other MMA forums much, but it seems that whenever I do, it’s just a bunch of meaningless crap. (Could be b/c I tend to check it out when someone here points out an annoying thread on another forum) Anyway, those guys just sound like a bunch of whiny wanna-be’s and I have a hard time picturing that they even really train. I mean, it’s one thing to think ‘no’ about women in the UFC, but it’s a totally different thing to make assinine comments like the ones posted there.

Which brings me to another thing I’ve been thinking about lately. I recently watched “The Smashing MAchine” which had to be one of the most depressing documentaries I’ve ever seen. It made me think about why people get into MMA and their general state of mental health. And from what I can tell, most of the women in MMA seem to have awesome, healthy, positive attitudes about fighting and training. It’s a challenge. It’s exciting. You train to compete, but a lot of it seems to be about learning about yourself. And when I think about the men fighting, sure, there is some of that positive, healthy attitude going on. But There are also a bunch of guys with something to prove about their toughness. Guys who were maybe star highschool athletes and can’t figure out what else to do with their lives and that next trophy means everything to them and if they can’t win or can’t fight, they might as well just drink themselves into oblivion.

I guess I ‘m rambling here, and I realize I’m definitely generalizing a lot, but it’s just a feeling I get. I like that the women here are (for the most part)very supportive of one another and that even though some of us are crazy 😮 we seem to be pretty well balanced people.

J

hanoverfist
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:22 am

After reading the idiotic comments on sherdog I was pissed. It’s cromags like these that keep the mma fight scene from moving forward. It’s the same with womens boxing and pretty much all womens sports except maybe basketball and volleyball. The forum at sherdog is like a stagnant pool that just showcases the mental midgets who post there. You ladies need to stay vigilant and strong with courage in your conviction to be the best and do the best because the sport will eventually reflect all your hard work and you will be remembered as the forerunners who cleared a path for future women warriors. To me there is nothing more attractive than a women who can move with convidence, showcasing skill and technique whether it be mma or ballet dancing. Beautiful bodies in motion.

Rikki
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:51 am
    Instructor

J,

That’s a really good observation. I had never really thought about it, but it really puts a lot of things into perspective.

Martial Arts Fan
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:12 pm

I think a female version of TUF would be awesome. Scantily clad women living together in a house will definitely appeal to the mainly male audience that follows Ultimate Fighting. Women will be judged by their fight skills primarily and the winners should get to fight in the UFC (or other fight promotion if UFC is not ready), but there’s no question that men will pay attention to their bodies as well.

Just being honest. I’m not saying that the competitors will be treated like WWE divas, but they should be prepared to be told that they are hot. I don’t see a problem with a show where women can use their smile appeal, as long as they are skillful as well.

Interesting about that Sherdog thread because in mma.tv there were several guys complaining that the existing TUF (specially showing guys oiling themselves, shaving, flexing) is pretty gay. Many guys there said, make a show like this with women and it would be way better.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:34 pm
    Pro Fighter

Such a higher level IQ and comments posted here! 🙂 Yay.

J, you have excellent points!!!

There’s a reason that I took this seriously rather than just ignoring the thread as “stupid people posting.” Those people may seem like idiots, but they’re the fanbase! Right? I mean they’re the ones paying and supporting the sports. That’s how I see it…in addition to the ones who train and more “healthily” support the sport.

Executioner
    Post subject: PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:04 pm

Rox21 wrote:
    Such a higher level IQ and comments posted here! 🙂 Yay.

I guess, we “fightergirls.com forum members” here are unique group of people! 8)

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:53 am

This is preposterous, a women’s reality show like this could easily become even *more* popular (if done right)…same as a motion picture about a female fighter just won more Academy Awards than “Rocky”..which few people previously thought possible.

And any fighter (male or female) would be an idiot not to want that kind of mainstream exposure. Yes, men like women and women like men, who cares, it’s part of life and a major key to sports marketing in general.

Either way some of your male (and female) fan base will be slick and some will be dorks…and if you’re attractive, unless they are gay they will *all* recognize that element..whether or not you can also fight is a separate issue.

RA

JulesK
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:12 pm
    Pro Fighter

Yeah, and just think of it…a house full of women on the same cycle…talk about drama 😆

(I know I just fed into a lot of evil stereotypes, but I couldn’t resist. Sorry)

Don’t hate me!
    Jules

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:38 pm

lol…that’s classic..

“Fightergirls with Synchronized Cycles”…forget about rubbing sticks together on a beach…now *that’s* what you call a true “Survivor”

But stereotypes aside, of course people enjoy seeing the good and bad (yin/yang) of life…whether it’s fightergirls, fighterguys or anyone else..we all go through the same trials and tribulations and that’s a large part of what makes reality TV so popular.

RA

Mark Grassman
    Post subject: PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:10 pm
    Fightergirls elite poster

Without a doubt, a female version of The Ultimate Fighter would be popular. 😀 The hard part would be finding 16 women willing enough to be stuck in a house together for two months.:roll:

It isn’t necessary to have an elimination fight every week. However if they do, they should be done more like in The Contender.

rick_alexio
    Post subject: PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:38 pm

Actually, for that kind of money and exposure potential I don’t think it would be a problem (with or without a serious casting call). And you wouldn’t necessarily need 16..I think even 8 would be fine and would allow for better focus on those girls.

But what you mentioned about The Contender is even a greater possibility since there are tons of good young female boxing prospects..with the Golden Gloves alone there could be 10 shows.

RA

ixion
    Post subject: PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:35 am

Their opinions aren’t very thought out. They may dog it as being in bad taste but you better believe every damn one of them would stop at that channel if they seen a TUF with females. I would and I know every single one of my friends would.

Oh, additional thought here, don’t let any of that talk get any of you worried. Its surface comments and made by people that haven’t even seen the sport of women’s mma. As the sport grows for men, itll grow for women. You’ve all already seen that. The time is upon us. Just keep whipping ass and people will take notice as they are exposed to it.

Rox21
    Post subject: PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:56 am
    Pro Fighter

ixion wrote:
    Its surface comments and made by people that haven’t even seen the sport of women’s mma. As the sport grows for men, itll grow for women. Just keep whipping ass and people will take notice as they are exposed to it.

You’re right, that seems to be what’s happening!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 Fighter Girls.  All Rights Reserved.

Fighter girls®

Fightergirls.com®

Forgot your details?